Old 07-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default idea for POP PIZZAS

Not sure if anyone has posted this or tryed it...but Mmmmmm

i take a whole pita trim the outside in full circle to make 2 pieces
put both pieces of pita on a cookie sheet and baste with h2o put in 350 oven for about 5-10mins until they are hard....take them out then baste them with allotted amount of salsa for day
then i take my alotted amount of meat (lean hamburg,ground turkey,chicken etc) add my veggies green pepper etc and use ff mozza cheese (alotted amount) and nuke them in the microwave for about 2 mins...let them cool a bit and they are PLAN PERFECT pizzas....SO GOOD and its like having more cause u get 2 pizzas!!!
mizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #2  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

This is perfect timing! I was in the breakroom warming up my boca burger and frozen veggies with Mrs. Dash & the woman next to me was heating up her deep dish pepperoni pizza. yum, did that look good. While this won't be the same, i think it will take care of my craving. Thank you so much.
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Sounds good...I just read this somewhere too.

Start with low fat flat bread. You can also use a low fat tortilla...we call these "cracker pizzas" meaning thin crust!

Spread with mixture of tomato paste and tomato sauce, or pasta sauce (there's probably a no salt pasta sauce in the LAWL cookbook). Grate two Baby Bell Lights. Sautee onions, peppers, mushrooms. Cook a couple of slices of turkey bacon in the microwave (add 10 seconds to get it dry) and crumble. We like to slice tomatoes thin and arrange on the very top. Sprinkle with low fat parmesan. Cook in a hot oven (425) for 12 minutes. VERY yummy and vegi-ful!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #4  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Joni,
You are also on Gold, right? How do you count this? 2 S, 1 D, 1 P, 1 or 2V?
Thanks!
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I make a BBQ Chicken "Pitza" w/ the pita, bbq sauce, chicken, purple onion and cheese. Check out the recipe in the recipe thread. On there I count a whole exchange of protein and dairy, but you can easily cut each in half too.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Gold is my CODs suggestion plan.....
I'm sort of guessing with this, but I would say
1P, 1D, 2V (assuming you really load on the veggies) and if I used one of the LaTortilla tortillas I would only count it as one starch. If I use an entire flat wrap, I would count that as 2 starches....

Makes me sort of wonder.....I can eat an entire Lean Cuisine pizza and it only counts as a starch and a protein???? No wonder I lean toward frozen creations!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Hey Joni that's how me and my 5 yr old son make ours! We call them "special pizzas" because he helps me spread the sauce and sprinkle the cheese. We just pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 min and they come out great everytime! Amazingly they are actually really feeling-maybe because of cutting them into 4's and eating them slower this way we actually savor and enjoy them!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

I do it for breakfast almost ever saturday morning.

I toast a 100 calorie english muffin. Then layer salsa, turkey breast, and R/F cheese I then toss the thing under the broiler for about 2 minutes.

As for pizza, once a month I treat myself to a Healthy Choice Frozen Pizza. I nuke it for half the time listed on the box. I then top with extra veggies and some parmesan cheese and bake it for half the bake time at the right temp.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #9  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Just a little trick I found... It is so hard to spread BBQ sauce or pizza sauce on the uneven crispy surface of the pita after the initial bakinf that I put the 1 1/2 tsp of sauce in a sandwich bag, cut (ok, bit) the tip of the corner off and squirted it on there cake decorating style. Sooo much easier! Enjoy!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Taco "Pizza"

1 LaTortilla Factory Tortilla
1 Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger
1 T taco sauce
1 or 2oz rf sharp cheddar or Mexican 4 cheese mix, shredded
Jalapeno (optional)
Chopped tomato
Shredded lettuce
1T rf sour cream

Heat the burger in the microwave and crumble
Prebake the tortilla until slightly toasted but not crispy
Spread the taco sauce on the tortilla. Sprinkle w/cheese. Add the burger crumbles.
Toast in oven or toaster oven until cheese melts.
Top with remaining toppings.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote