Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/180.8/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the information/advice. So glad I found this message board for your help and support!
judya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #17  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

judy--part of the beauty of this board (besides the beautiful gals!) is the "real" information you will get. There's over a 1000 pounds lost worth of experience--I'd say over half the gals here would make much better counselors!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #18  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

Lisa, do you like yogurt? I eat a Yoplait Light yogurt almost every day for my dairy.

Unfortunately, the only yogurt I like is the kind full of sugar and fat.

I sometimes will have the odd yogurt (with splenda) or a cheese string but dairy is hard for me.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #19  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

another easy way to get in your dairy is in the form of a smoothie--just throw your milk or yogurt into the blender with your fruit and you've taken care of it. just a thought
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #20  
Val

Lisa - the dairy is always my downfall as well. My saving grace getting the dairy in and since I'm on Red1 I have 2 of them!), I have one LA Lite shake a day and make it with milk and frozen fruit - it's nummy just like drinking a milk shake. Another way I will use up a dairy is to add it to the LA Lite Cafe au Lait - it's like a frozen iced cappucino!
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #21  
virgo062

S/C/G: 206.4

Height: 5.6

My counselor said the Carb Craver has been eliminated from LAWL program. I asked her about it. I joined 2 weeks ago.
VIRGO062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #22  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

That does not sound right.
I would look at your contract and see how many times you are to go in.
For me it is 3x a week. I go in onces & call in twice.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5'7.5

I joined two weeks almost 3 weeks ago and I have the carb craver menu.

tammie
tammie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Candace......check out your ticker......you are doing awesome..........especially considering the fact that you quit smoking recently.........WTG!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #25  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

I joined 5 weeks ago and I have have a carb craver menu too. I've never used it though.

Also, thanks for the tips on the dairy. Maybe I'll try a smoothie.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Just like some markets have Gold II, and some markets get 3c lettuce = 1 veggie, some markets have eliminated the carb cravers. My COD hasn't, and hasn't said it's being eliminated. Bottom line is no matter how great this site is for sharing information, you should still rely on your COD's information since that is where your contract is signed.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #27  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week." You don't want to do a carb craver every day. And welcome, by the way!
My book also said Carb Cravers could be done up to once a day, which I DEFINITELY took advantage of, much to the dismay of the ladies at my COD. However, it never seemed to stall me at all, unless I overdid it/cheated and ate more than what I was supposed to in a day (like my addiction to sugary cereals... definitely a problem, even now that I'm done the weight loss part!). Being a carb junkie, I don't know if I would have survived without CC, and I would say that I probably did better on the program as a result of it; that having been said, everybody's different, and I would imagine that most people can't metabolize that kind of diet every day, thus the move to more CC restrictions in the newer books. I'm a big fan of trial and error. It's important to follow the program as much as possible, but there's always a little bit of room to experiment and see what works best for one's body!

Also, in response to the yogurt comment, I HATED fat/sugar-free yogurt with a passion. The artificial sweetener always had me gagging. I find that Yoplait Source isn't bad at all. My favourites are raspberry, lemon meringue and apple crumble, but it comes in about 10 other flavours, I believe. Can't even tell there's no sugar, and I'm usually pretty picky about that.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #28  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I cannot stand milk, and not a big fan of yogurt. Cheese, however, I could eat all day. The laughing cow lite cheese wedges are really good, and may be more palateable for a dairy hater.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week."
To clarify... that means you can use a carb craver once a day (as in not twice a day), but only one to two times per week (as in not every day). I know that sometimes the wording isn't clear in the books.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #30  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

My book definitely doesn't have the 1-2 time per week limit. I guess, like the bulleted heavy starches, your book and mine are different on this one. I agree that clearly, the less often you do carb cravers the better you'll lose, but I still maintain that CC has been a lifesaver for me! I think it's way better to do a CC daily than to avoid carbs all day, and then give in to temptation and have a huge carb binge later on (something which I've been known to do on more than one occasion! )
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote