Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #91  
LAWL since 9/06

Oh Katie. So sorry to hear about your loss. I think even though he was a bad man, he was still your Grandfather and that is what hurts. Plus with the family being split because of him is probably having a toll on you as well. Good luck this week and you are in our prayers.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #92  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

Uber busy today.. One of those days where you can't decide what to work on first...

Katie.. Very sorry for your loss.. Family is still family, no matter what the relationship has been, so it always hits hard.

Liza... punching bags do help.. It's better to do it that way than to take out the frustrations on the cats...

Val - WAY TO GO!!

More later... Wow.. Liz posted twice today.. A new record!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #93  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Katie - Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #94  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Val- Awesome on the 50 lbs. and entering into the new century!! Big congrats!!

Kristen- Loved the pictures! You looked like you were having so much fun!

Katie- I'm glad you had a fun 30th birthday and hit the jackpot in Jackpot!! Sorry about your grandpa, hopefully the wounds heal without the extra help of food.

Cassi- I'm glad the epidural went well, hopefully you will get some relief from the pain.

KimII- Is the swelling going to be like that from now on, or just until you are healed up? I'm wishing for the latter for you.

Liza- Sorry you overslept and are cranky. Hopefully your day will get better.

Liz- Good to see you!!

Running a little behind on the posts so if I missed you, I am sorry.

I blew it yesterday! I got up at 3:30a, to work at 5 and didn't get off of work until 3:30p, because we had some VIP's come into the store, so I couldn't leave until they had toured my department. I must have caved to "tired eating" along with the fact that TOM is looming upon me and I just scarfed everything in sight!! I was overfull, crampy, headachy and muscle achy, oh and very tired. Still have everything but the overfull feeling this morning. I just feel like a blob. My body has not reacted this way to PMS in a long long time. Has anybody else had big changes in the way their bodies handle PMS and TOM since you have lost weight????? Please, someone tell me I am not the only one!!!

Ok, gotta get my sluggish self out of this chair and start getting ready for work. Have a great day everybody!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #95  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Katie - I am very sorry you have to deal with this. I often wonder how it will affect me when my mother passes. I haven't spoken to her for 4 years for many good reasons that I just can't list here. She is a toxic person. We tend to abuse our own bodies because abuse is all we know. Please don't do that to yourself. Stay strong and come to us for support through these times ok?

Shannon - I'm a traffic reporter so I get all of the wonderful crazy early AM and late PM hours. Weeeeeee

Dan - I can't take it out on my cats. They'd kill me. I know they've been plotting my death for the past 10 years......

I forgot to put in here another part of the stress and cruddy start to my day. While I was oversleeping, I had an awful dream. For some reason, another reporter was following us in the chopper and she suddenly disappeared from radar. We were searching for her from the air and couldn't find any wreckage so we landed and started a ground search. I woke up just as we were finding wreckage. It really unnerved me today to wake up to that and late for work on top of it. Then just as I was getting ready to leave this morning, the tv station wanted to launch us over the ocean for a drowning with 300-800 ft cloud cover (the pilot won't fly under less than 1300 ft) The guys at the TV station have never been in a chopper and always threaten us if we don't fly in bad conditions (lightening storms, 65mph wind gusts, etc.) I couldn't even deal with them today and made someone else talk to them to say NO.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #96  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Hi Gang! Happy Tuesday to you all!

Katie - So sorry for your mourning -- and as others have already said, no matter what the relationship, it's still a loss. Sometimes we (as humans) cry in relief as well - it could just be a reaction to something bad being "over". Stay strong - you can prevail over the emotional eating! The mourning part is temporary, and food only gives a temporary "boost" too.. NOT eating those foods that are calling you is something that will help you feel better longer. Hang tough hun!

Dawn78 & Amy2Liz30 - I'm up in St. Cloud.. where are you 2?

Barb - Glad your back and kickin' butt girl!

Nicole - Personally, I couldn't work at Target. I'd spend my paychecks before I even earned them with the discount!

Letisha - Woo hoo for your 5# loss! Way to go!

Carrie - I found that I was starving after working out too.. so I now eat something before I work out.. and I only work out 30 min a day. I don't have the urge to binge afterward anymore.

Tina - I have that same work schedule!! I just now had time to do some actual work! (and here I am posting!)

Liza - Great job on the 1.8 loss.. and your co-worker deserves to feel "uncomfortable". Does your daughter have a school id with a photo for traveling?

Nancy - My sclae and ticker finally match again too! I didn't have the heart to move the ticker when I went on my cheese curd spree..

oops.. gotta go!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole,

I only work out 5 hours a week because I REFUSED to go back on the Gold plan when I was in weight loss. Of course the lighter you are, the easier it is to keep going. When I think about strapping on all the weight I lost and doing an hour on the tread mill, I couldn't do it when I was that weight and I probably couldn't do it now. Now that I'm in stabilization, I'm afraid to cut down on the working out in case I gain weight. Plus I usually have some reason that I really should try to burn off a few extra calories!

I took off about 3 years when my daughter was small, and it was hard to find someone to hire me, but eventually I did. When the opportunity is right, the job will be yours. Sometimes the things that disappoint us the most, end up to be for the best.

Liza, all my husband knows in Italian is swearing or really more mean insults, as he knows how to call people ugly or stupid or slutty, and be careful and quiet and let's eat. His grandmother never did learn english and his mom didn't learn it until she went to grade school as a child. His grandmother could never quite make out Happy New Year, so instead she said Happy New As#. We still wish each other a happy new as# each year, always went well with my traditional resolution to lose weight every year.

Val, welcome to Onderland and great work to get 50 pounds down. I'm sure that everyone is noticing by now!!!! That is great and you should be proud of yourself. I'm sure you have made a big difference in your health and in your life.

I look at the calorie count on the tortillas to decide how to count them.
Some of the really thin corn ones can be as low as 40 calories per.
Some of the large flour ones can be 200 calories. So of course it makes sense to me to count them differently. So I might count 2 40 calorie ones as 1 starch and 1 200 calorie one as 2 starches. But then again I"m kind of the queen of creative starch counting... and the scale does not count the way I want when I get really creative.

Tina, I am also sure that I'm going to get in trouble with spending too much time on the 3FC site and not working. Of course my job is not all that exciting, unless you really get excited about calculating pension benefits and everything that goes with that, as I've spent the last dozen years working on pension benefit software.

I better get back to work!

Here's to resisting the urge to get creative in counting starches and a POP day for us all
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #98  

Hmmmm lotsa PMS on these boards today! I have it too...

Kim - That's got to be scary to see your new beautiful flat tummy go Buddha but at least you know it's temporary!

Deb - Sorry about the food hangover. My PMS varies. Sometimes I have none at all and sometimes I have everything from headaches and nausea to muscle fatigue and extreme "munchies"

Wendy - My clever DD can't find any of her student IDs. I ordered a new copy birth certificate to get her a state ID and it hasn't arrived yet. Hence the panic.

Barbara - That is SO funny about your Happy New A**! A few years ago I took a side job helping my friend sort out some very bad past accounting in his food distribution business. One of our vendors was this Sicilian man with the worst broken english I've ever heard. One time I finally said "Enzo, I have no idea what you are trying to say to me." He replied "This is Enzo English, get used to it." I laughed so hard. I made him speak Italiano only after that.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #99  
Val

Just a quick fly by to catch the updates.

Katie - I'm sending a cyber hug your way. So sorry for your loss! Whether you got along or not, it is still a loss and it still hurts.

Back to work - darn stuff keeps interfering with my 3FC time!! LOL
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #100  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
Katie - I am very sorry you have to deal with this. I often wonder how it will affect me when my mother passes. I haven't spoken to her for 4 years for many good reasons that I just can't list here. She is a toxic person. We tend to abuse our own bodies because abuse is all we know. Please don't do that to yourself. Stay strong and come to us for support through these times ok?

Shannon - I'm a traffic reporter so I get all of the wonderful crazy early AM and late PM hours. Weeeeeee

Dan - I can't take it out on my cats. They'd kill me. I know they've been plotting my death for the past 10 years......

I forgot to put in here another part of the stress and cruddy start to my day. While I was oversleeping, I had an awful dream. For some reason, another reporter was following us in the chopper and she suddenly disappeared from radar. We were searching for her from the air and couldn't find any wreckage so we landed and started a ground search. I woke up just as we were finding wreckage. It really unnerved me today to wake up to that and late for work on top of it. Then just as I was getting ready to leave this morning, the tv station wanted to launch us over the ocean for a drowning with 300-800 ft cloud cover (the pilot won't fly under less than 1300 ft) The guys at the TV station have never been in a chopper and always threaten us if we don't fly in bad conditions (lightening storms, 65mph wind gusts, etc.) I couldn't even deal with them today and made someone else talk to them to say NO.

As far as I know, that's pretty much what cats do.. Plot our downfall..

I know what you mean about flying in bad weather.. But I know it from the other side of the coin. When I worked at our ABC station, the pilot we had at the time refused to fly in anything approaching a sustained wind of 30 mph.. While I understand his concern for safety, it used to drive our news director nuts.. The other stations have "cowboys" as pilots who seemed to fly in any kind of weather... However, were I in your shoes, I'd feel exactly the same way...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #101  

Dan - we have the same thing. A rival station has one of those "cowboys" who will fly in anything. Our pilots are more experienced and it's through those experiences they have learned to be cautious. Especially when flying with a reporter in the chopper. I put my life in their hands everytime we go up and they know that. There was a windstorm that hit us on the way back from the mountains from filming a plane wreck (fatal) that was the only time I can say I really worried. I worried even more when I heard my pilot cursing his way through it. After that the TV station called me and wanted me to fly over a big rig hanging over the side of a cliff. I looked it up through the CHP dispatch site and saw "Was blown over by wind" I asked him what he thought that would do to our chopper... duh. I wish they would take a ride in it just once to know why we don't want to risk our lives in such conditions.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #102  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Katie - I don't speak to my father and I felt like you did about your grandfather...that once he did pass, I would probably feel relieved. Well, my dad is still alive, but whenever I hear something about him...for example, he lost his hearing...it hurts. You can't pick your family and there is always some unconditional love there no matter what they've done. Turn to all of us, not the food...don't let him do that to you...(((hugs)))
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #103  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Okay, seriously guys...I have to do some work now. If I don't get payroll done, I'll be mobbed by some very unhappy employees!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #104  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie........XOXO.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #105  

nicole...im on regular red and i am 274 right now at 292 i was red 1
mizzt is offline   Reply With Quote