Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #1  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Default Dinner tonight?

Ok so our microwave went out about a month ago and I didn't replace it because I figure the foods that can be cooked in it aren't that good for us. Now, the oven isn't working! So it's Sunday and that's when I always make sure to cook a meal with lotsa love for Mini and I.

Tonight I'm making spaghetti and meatballs. Spinach and whole wheat pasta, ground turkey and turkey sausage and fresh marinara sauce.

So I'm figuring a small plate (I don't use the regular size dinner plates anymore) with 3 meatballs would be what? 2 starch, 2 protein and 2 veggies?

Does that sound right?
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Well, I guess it depends on how big those meatballs were and which color plan you are on (6 oz cooked turkey breast on purple plan; 4 oz on gold plan??). But I think the exchanges you listed would cover it.

There's actually a pasta and light tomatoe sauce w/tsp parmesan cheese listed in the carb craver meals and you are supposed to count a CC meal as 1P...so you could debate that this was a 3P, 1V meal???

Oh, and now you need to drink a couple more glasses of water!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #3  

Thanks Joni! Ground turkey can be on the salty side so I was planning on drinking more water. I'm also going for a bike ride tonight after dinner so hopefully I'll get it all out of my system. I don't want to be retaining since I have another WI tomorrow. I'm not very good at eating on weekends because I don't have the same structure I do during the week. So far today I've had a lite and cottage cheese for breakfast and an apple.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

You've gotta will yourself to change your weekend eating habits.. The hardest part about this diet is wrapping your mind around the fact that if you don't get in all your portions (spread out throughout the day) you won't lose weight...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 AM   #5  

I got all but one fruit in for the day. I just had a few oz of the pasta, sauce and turkey meatballs. That will all of the water, is still sitting in my tummy. Even after the late night bike ride. I'm much better when I'm at work because my schedule is so structured. I bring my food with me so it's not a problem. There was one day last week that I had too much to do between shifts so I stopped at the deli in my building and got a small vegetable soup. Lots of salt in soup, but still within the diet.