Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

Great Job Ladies! Pjbeau... some ladies at work are doing the "trial" phase with me, so it is kind of fun to compare stories with each other. But if they weren't doing it and didn't have a good sense of humor, I probably wouldn't tell anyone. The critics have been brutal.

Deborah... that is exactly why I am taking this pill. Situations like the party, where I would have just said..."Oh well.... I'll do better tomorrow" and gorged myself. With this pill... that isn't going to work! WTG!

I weighed myself this morning and I am down another pound. I forgot my pills this morning, so this is my first day without taking any of the pills, but I have been eating really really low fat. So it shouldn't affect me too much either way.

Have a great day! Good Job to everyone who is sticking to the plan, which sounds like everyone on this thread! There will be no new pantie purchases in our future!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #77  

Thanks Paula! I appreciate you encouragement!! I'm so excited about alli!! So far...so good! I have told a few people that I am taking it. My dh, my mother, sister, best friend, and one woman at my math institute. I wish that I hadn't told the fellow math teacher, but we have been eating together through this whole thing and because of some of the catered foods, I did mention it. I only regret telling her because during the school year, I don't normally spend much time with her and I don't know what she will do with the information....but really, who cares?

umagurl-Everything I've read says to plan our meals in advance for greater success BUT life happens! Sometimes I'm really good about that and sometimes I find myself winging it....BUT (yes, another but!) I think we should attempt to plan to a degree without allowing food to consume our thoughts. Whatever works best for you is definitely the way to go...and that may be different for someone else.

Lyds-I haven't had any fatigue except for nights when I've gone to be too late...like last night. Since you've said this, I'll be more mindful of it and see if I notice fatigue that I can't otherwise account for. Good luck and have a great vacation!!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #78  

tkt117-I agree. The critics have been brutal. That bothered me at first and made me reluctant to post on any forum about it...but then I decided that I really don't care what other people think. They don't know what I've gone through and tried. If they choose not to try it, then I support their decision. My dr prescribed Xenical for me as he scared me about the prospect of my becoming diabetic if I don't lose this weight. This was the same day that alli came out. I would prefer to try a smaller, less expensive dose first. If that works then why take a stronger, more expensive drug? But the critics....bring 'em on!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #79  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I don't know what's wrong with me...

I had been on it since Thursday and even though I have stuck to my diet (I already kept a food journal so I know I haven't really changed anything) I actually *gained* weight.

I have had no effects and I am starting to wonder if it's going to work for me at all.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #80  

Default Did you start right away?

One more question?

The plan says to follow a low fat diet for 3 days and then take the pill. What did you guys do?

Im thinking I should just go for it...lol Just wondering what the majority is.

Today I started good, and then after lunch I went out and bought junk....
Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #81  
Happy New Rears!

I plan on just going for it, as I am already eating low fat. I think they say that because human nature is to binge before starting a new diet, to go out and have one last hurrah, and start the diet the next day. Something like this with Alli would have unpleasant results lol
Old 06-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #82  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I told only one person that I work with about it. She and I are both trying to follow the volumetrics food plan and we had talked about Alli. She said she was too scared to try it. I told her I haven't had any problems, but I am being very careful so that I don't have any issues. Now if someone overheard us, well then the cat is out of the bag and I don't really care. I told two other friends and one of them had been on Xenical ages ago and lost some weight but she gave it up because she said she just couldn't cut the fat out of her life. I can understand, it's hard. But if you make your mind up then you can do it.

I have been trying to plan my meals, but that doesn't always work well. So I try to just have the same thing every morning for breakfast - cereal and skim milk. Then pretty much the same thing for lunch - Lean Cuisine, some fruit and a snacksize ziploc bag of pretzels so that I don't miss the salt and crunch too much. Dinner is pretty much wing it. I'm single so it's easier to not plan as much. The Lean Cuisines seem to work really well with the Alli since they are pretty low in fat.

I haven't had any headaches. I've noticed that I'm having to pee more often then before too. I don't think I'm drinking any more water than before. Maybe it's a by product of using the stored fat rather than the Alli. It's not enough to make me stop using the Alli or stop dieting!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I'm on my second day. I agree I've heard some terrible things about "poopy pants" Well I'm blocked up!!! Leave it to me to have a weird reaction. I'm getting more than enough fiber and eating pretty much what the myalliplan food list states. I've tweaked some but have never gone over my fat grams. The treatment effects scare me. I do fill very full with the meals and have even skipped a snack here and there. Due to not being hungry. I'm still emptying my bladder alot. My weight in day is Thursday I'm hoping I see a loss since I had a last week.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #84  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default Just started!

Well hello. I am not new to 3fc or diets, but I am new to Alli. I had to re-register with 3fc so I have a new username, but I was here a few years ago. I am down from 215 to 178, I was at 160, but BOUNCED in the last 3 months!!! So I thought I better do something.
I had been following a low cal, type lifestyle to lose the initial weight. I started doing that again, but man is it hard to get back into the swing of it. So when I heard about Alli I thought maybe this would help me. I have been taking it since yesterday, so I am 6 pills into it, and have had no treatment effects, and actually goofed up last night and ate some potatoe chips, before I realized what I was doing. So I quick put them away and got my head on straight again. Today has been better.
I hope this helps. I also hope the TE stay away!
Either way it is good to be back at 3FC!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #85  

You girls definitely have me thinking of giving it a try. I appologize if this has been explained but we hear so much about how "good" oils are so important in our diet. I'm assuming that this pill isn't differentiating between blocking good oils and bad oils??
Old 06-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 244.4/236.2/150

Height: 5'4"

tkt117 & mommyto3....I think I have adopted you guy's ideology about Alli. The critrics have been brutal...my family have been brutal....but like I've told them you have to do what works for you. Alli has been my voice of reason when it comes to food. It helps me to make better meal selections and stay focused on my weight loss goals.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 199/178/140

Height: 5'2

If I may, I would highly suggest that anyone using this also track their food by using a tracker like The Daily Plate or Fit Day. It is amazing to see how much our calories and fat grams really add up when we think we aren't eating that much.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 AM   #88  

Hi! Everyone, I started using Alli last Friday. The book suggested starting over a weekend, incase of treatment effects. I am on Day 6. I had a treatment affect yesterday, while out shopping with my daughter. I practically ran to the bathroom. Since then I have been more careful at following the plan, and not having more than 15mg of fat per meal. It is so hard for me to believe that I can have 1800 calories. Does anyone know what would happen, if I ate lower calories? I am having trouble understanding. So I need to eat the 1800 to lose weight. This seems like alot to me. In the past, I have tried eating 14oo and less, but never losing. Maybe my body needs more calories, because of the weight that I am at. If anyone has answers for me, HELP. Keep up the good work. I will weigh in on Sunday. Patti 256/256/140
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

mesmerize... you are NOT alone. A couple of us have had the problem with "constipation." I think for me it was because I cut back on my fiber, but I have started putting it back in my diet. I am still not 100% but I am getting there.

Prinny... be patient. I know that when I start diets I usually don't see a change for a week to ten days. It can be really frusrtrating , but if you follow the plan as prescribed you WILL lose weight. It just may take you body a little while to adjust.

I agree with Shayz... I am tracking everything that I put in my mouth and I am coupling it with my WW plan. Even if you aren't eating fat... you can still get too many calories in during the day and stall your loss... but on the flip side if you get to few you won't lose weight either. It is like a huge science experiment with your body!

I feel very blessed to have found group of people who are so supportive... and my dh even though he runs from the room every time I exit the bathroom! LOL... he is avoiding the updates!

Good Luck!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 215/200/150

Height: 5'9

Hi all - Found this online... Body fat: Where does it go when you lose weight?

Q: Where does body fat go when you lose weight? How does your body get rid of it?
A: When you consume fewer calories than your body needs, your body turns to fat for energy. Body fat is broken down through a series of complex metabolic processes. Your body uses the energy produced by these processes. The waste products from these processes are water and carbon dioxide. You excrete water primarily through urine and sweat, and carbon dioxide by exhaling.

Ta-da! The 'real' reason everyone has too pee so much when losing weight!

Starting Alli this weekend (they recommend starting when you'll be close to home in case of the unpleasantries that can occur!). Hoping this helps push my diet a bit. Started at the YMCA a month ago and I eat pretty well... Let's see if this gives me the extra push that I need to get back down to my "pre-college" weight. Anyone planning to start this weekend and want a e-mail diet buddy?

Everyone's posts are great inspiration!

Good luck to all!
Closed Thread