S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Lucia, which COD do you go to?
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Hi
I go the one on 1021 Cyrville Road Unit 4. What about you? I just noticed you are from Ottawa!! Isn't this the coolest!

I am also on a plateau! Havent lost a thing since Aug 6th...day I went on new program.. Am so frustrated!

Lucia
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Patsy,

I read through some of the posts, but several were really long and I just skimmed, so if I repeat the same information forgive me.

I am having the exact same problem as you. I have been stuck around the 207-210 range for 7 weeks. According to my calculations, I had lost a net of .6 in 7 weeks! I was really getting frustrated with my COD because they didn't see that I wasn't losing because I was losing/gaining/losing/gaining. So they would look back and say you lost 1 lb. here and another 2 there, but didn't look at the 3 I gained that other week! Finally, they convinced me to do takeoff. I have been against it because I didn't want to pay the money for the juice and I didn't know if I could stick to it. (I know there are recipes to make the juice and theories about using cantelope, but I am scared not to do their exact stuff & stick to only their products). Anywhoo, I finished my second day of TO yesterday and weighed in today to be down 3.8!!!! I have never been down that much at one time since I started this program. Now I am just hoping it sticks. You may want to consider trying it.

Other things my counselors have told me is the theory of logs & kindling. Basically, whenever you have a log you must also have a kindling and vice versa. This is how the foods work together to burn off so you lose better.

Logs include proteins, dairy, and fat
Kindling includes veggies, fruits, starches
Lites are both a log & a kindling

I noticed your sample menu plan you sometimes ate a "kindling" without a "log". Try putting things together like this and see if that helps.

I was also told cantelope is a great fruit to have and you should eat it often.

Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #19  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Kathryn - which COD do you go to? I go the Maryville one, not far from LC. The counselors at the Maryville center talk about the log/kindling thing too - they call it Fire (protein, fat and dairy) and Wind (starches, veggies, fruit - carbs!) The analogy is that Fire stokes your metabolism; Wind puts it out. Together, the Wind fans the flame and makes your metabolism burn at its best. The counselor tonight told me you can do what works for you as long as you pair the two. You don't want wind alone ever. You can do dairy alone, but that really it works best if you have a little of each to balance things out. Made sense when the explained it all.

Patsy, my first thought when I read your post was that you were eating too light - either not getting enough calories or not enough calories from the important stuff (protein, fat and dairy). Several others have posted on that so I won't elaborate. Just wanted to chime in that that occurred to me too. Since so many of us thought the same thing, maybe we're onto something!

Good luck to you - I hope you're able to start burning again soon!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #20  

Heather,

I go to the West Knox center by Circuit City. When I did this plan a few years ago, I went to the the Maryville one a couple of times (out at Midland plaza, right?) but it's been several years.

I think all the local centers are run by the same people, so maybe the theories are the same. They've switched to the new program in Maryville, haven't they?

Kathryn
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #21  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

I had heard that the centers around here were part of the same franchise so probably many things are the same at our centers. The Maryville one is in Midland Center - good memory!

I've only been on since July, but from what I gather here, we are on the new plan. LA Express and Free to Live - same thing you're doing?
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #22  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Thanks for all the info, I too am on a plateau! (I know after only 8 lbs, boo!) But I did TO at the beginning of this week, and I havent WI since Monday. So I am hoping for results!!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246/242/160

Height: 5"6"

Save
QZMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Lucia - I go to the one on Merivale Rd, across from Emerald Plaza

Heather - I had to start eating lightly, because when I didn't, or tried other food variations, I gained. The only way I could maintain was with the lighter/lower calorie foods. I figured I would be less depressed maintaining than gaining... After about two months, they switched me to purple from red. I started losing again, then they brought out the drat numbered plans and put me on plan 3...I gained 5 lbs. They switched me to plan 2, and I have started losing what I gained, but still have yet to get to where I started. My fingers are crossed the new plan 2 does the trick though!

I will have to try the log and kindling thing though, don't think I have tried that out yet...
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #25  

Ok am going to weigh in this morning! I have been on a plateau for 3 weeks,BUT this morning tried on my jeans (which were really tight 2 weeks) and they FIT!!! So plateau or not, I am getting smaller...and at the end of the day, that is what counts.....that is what shows!!!

All the same, wish me luck!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #26  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Just a thought about this plateau thing - my COD told me to avoid eating fruit after 2:00 in the afternoon. That way my body has enough time to process it since there's natural sugar in it. I've tried it so far this week and I'm down about a half pound which is better than I was!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #27  

good tip re: fruit b4 2pm...makes sense!!!

I just weighed in an lost 1.8!! Maybe plateau is busted!! We'll see! Going out for a nice dinner tonight cause it is my 5th wedding anniversary!
But have saved 2S, 2 fruit, 2 fat, 2 proteins, ... that should be enough for an awesome dinner!

I also received some plateau tips, the nutritionist recommeded, (I am on plan 2) 1 pro for breakfast, 1 protein for lunch, and 1/2 pro for dinner, and to stick to animal pros instead of veg proteints. Also for the next two weeks instead of bars, need to have the soups...okay, will try....hate giving up my bars but if it will put me ahead a couple of pounds ... why not??

I will keep you posted!!!

Can someone tell me how to change my ticker to reflect weight loss?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #28  

Default weight loss stops.....

I have been on LAW for six weeks now. I am a 40 year old male(correctional officer) who started at 370 and in six weeks dropped to 339! Nice.... I am very lucky to have a full home gym in my lower level of my house. I found that if you stick with the program it works and it is sound. From the six weeks in to LAW....you must be true to the letter in this program. If you "modify" or do not watch you salt in take it will effect you. You can work though this "blip"....work hard....exercise...watch what you are eating and it will come off!

Good luck to all of you on this board......
reallybigguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLucia View Post
Can someone tell me how to change my ticker to reflect weight loss?
Go to User CP at the top & then click on edit signature. It will show your signature with ticker & you can see where it shows your starting weight, current, weight, and goal. Just change the numbers for CW & leave all the other stuff the same & it should work.

Kathryn
Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #30  

Thanks Kathryn, and thanks to everyone else for answering my qustion. I am not great with computers!