Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Default LAWL Losers and Friends _ May 28--June 3, 2007

Wow--I don't think I have ever been first!

No plans for the day--just errands so I have no reason not to be good.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Just checking in before the week gets too crazy. Still having great weather so most of my time is spent outside-yay!

Have a great POP week.
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Memorial Day for those here in the states. We had our get together yesterday so today I am jumping right in with TO. Hope everyone has a lovely day..... POP People!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Lettie--where are you on the 5 week summer meltdown? I am starting it tomorrow--thanks so much for posting the info. I haven't been to my COD since Christmas (slap on hand) so I get ALL my information here--like I didn't before! I loved my COD but the turnover was maddening. I am going to call and see if I have any weeks, etc. left--I really just want new diaries--no desire to "talk" about why I've gained--I know exactly why I have!

thanks again--if you've already started you can keep us updated and we can bask in your success and know we are close behind.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2.5"

Yesterday I was totally not on plan... But I'm getting back in gear today. Thankfully for memorial day barbeque (which we are having on Tuesday) it is going to be grilled chicken breast and grilled chicken breast tenderloins and grilled pineapple. So it shouldn't be too hard.
sakuya3834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #6  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

just a quick drop by, as we are going to Montana today for a few days.....
so I won't be able to check in again till Thursday. Hope everyonehad a great weekend. I am looking forward to starting the July 4th challenge (actually the 1st for me) as soon as I get back. I am feeling really motivated. This might be just what I need to get my butt in gear, and get the scale moving again..... I hope, I hope, I hope...... I CAN do this..... YES.!!!

Anyway, you all have a great week, and stay pop, and I will check in on Thursday.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #7  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Did TO on Thurs/Fri and then TOM dropped by, so I was up on Thursday to 229.something, and now I'm back to 227.6...but really 2 oz over my ticker..lol. I'll be looking for a bigger loss this week. I told the COD today that I'm pretty frustrated with the last month or two, but I have to own at least half of the problem. When I don't lose, I do little cheats thinking "what difference does it make, this is not working anymore anyway." Really though, I should try to make the non-loss days fuel me to stay POP. I'm really really trying to be perfectly OP today.

Danette -- I found the bodywise bread and enjoyed 2 as 1S this morning, thanks!

Joni -- Have a great trip, we'll miss you!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #8  
on LAWL

Angie--where did you find the bodywise bread? How many calories per slice? Is Bodywise the brand name? sorry for all the ?? but I would LOVE 2 slices for 1 starch!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

Happy Memorial Day!!! We got back from our little beach trip around 11pm last night. It was nice just being able to pop the sleeping girls right into bed. I told DH that we should take long drives every night at bedtime!! We had a great time, and the weather was great. We stayed with my DH's aunt along with the IL's. Oldest DD had lots of fun kayaking with DH and her cousin, and youngest DH loved the beach. We got lucky and found a little almost secluded beach tucked away on the sound side, so we didn't have to brave the crowds at the ocean. It was so much easier to keep up with the kids, and more relaxing for me. DH and I stayed pretty much OP, too. Except yesterday we did splurge and have a hot doughnut from Krispy Kreme. Oops!! Today will be a different story because we have a cookout this evening. I don't think it will be too bad, though. I can have my burger w/out a bun, and my mom is going to have fresh fruit for us.

Okay, got to get moving. Lots to do before tonight. Hope everyone has a great day!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #10  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

Wendy- Sounds like you and the family had a great time! It's hard to be POP while on vaca so give yourself a pat on the back and forget about the Krispy Creme! LOL

Angie & Lea Ann - I understand the COD pressure, for sure. About a week ago I had a near meltdown on my counselor. I know I am partly to blame for my slower than normal weight loss and what I PAY them for is to help me work through it not to criticize my every move. Needless to say I am not happy with my COD and have a hard time going in 3 times a week. Right now I think I am going to just pop in to pick up my supplies, weigh in and skip the one-on-one sessions. I need an attitude adjustment and would prefer to get my daily pick up from the board!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Memorial Day! Thank goodness this is a new thread...it gives me a reason not to have to read through 3 million pages from last week's thread. Everyone seems to be doing their thing. Congrats to all the losers, and gainers, and those in between. Even if you aren't losing, you are aware that you aren't and are trying to do something about it. That's my take on it, this morning.

Since DH has the day off, I went walking this AM instead of the evening with the kids, and it was rather refreshing to go alone. Need I say more? I've been busy as usual. In addition, my 8 month old son has just started to crawl, so I've been on the floor with him making sure his 4 yr old DS doesn't leave small toys, scraps of paper, and other crap around for him to choke on. She would love that...she is still asking for a baby sister.

Time for personals!

Kim#2- Glad to see you checking in! I know you are an extra hot momma now. I am so happy for you!

Nichole- Glad you put those death sticks down. I tried the tequilla chicken and I must say YUM! I omitted the corn tortillas and used cottage cheese instead of the mayo and sour cream, but it still tasted pretty authentic. Thanks for the recipe.

Sammy- Keep losing twin! Are you using recipes from the board? You are so consistent!

Joni- I tried the slushie recipe...I really do jones for the Cherry Limeade that Sonic has but this fits the bill. I even tried it with Peach Tea and baby peaches... On another note, I can't believe I would order the Route 44 size and drink it all by the end of the day. Just thinking of all that sugar...WOW! Then to sweeten the deal, I would order it during their "everything 1/2 off" hours. So, I was getting my cheap thrill for less than a buck.

Big HELLO to KrispieD, all the Kims' & Wendys', Liz & Dan, Libby, Shannon, Dannette, Megan, Katie, Tina, MTDebster, who else???? If I didn't type your name, you know I am wishing you a POP day, as well. Where's Erika and Paula? Have a POP day!
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Angie--where did you find the bodywise bread? How many calories per slice? Is Bodywise the brand name? sorry for all the ?? but I would LOVE 2 slices for 1 starch!
Is that like the Ezekial bread? I had two slices this morning and wasn't sure how to count it. I know starches won't be an issue for me today, as we are grilling everything in the fridge. So, I know I won't go over. Just want to know in case I have a starch attack later this week or so.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #13  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Lea Ann and Letisha -- It's a Canadian brand I think, it's sold as Dempster's Bodywise bread, but I know others have mentioned a US brand for which 2 slices = 1S I was excited to hear that too, and Danette pointed me to the Canadian kind. My COD never tells me stuff like that! It is going to make being POP sooo much easier for me. This particular one is 90 cal for 2 slices and has 4g of fibre, I think it was the fibre that was key to it equalling 1S. I think we talked about it either last week or in the first May thread.

Debbie -- I do that sometimes...just breeze in, don't even bring my purse and say 'just a quick one' and they are fine with that. Sometimes you know the problem and don't feel like having the counselling.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  

Thanks Angie! The one I count as 1S is the Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat. I enjoy those two slices, but that toasted Ezekial Cinnamon & Raisin Bread tastes soooo good and is so filling. I put a 1/2 wedge of the Laughing Cow cheese on it and sprinkle some plain cinammon on it...yum. I just started using that "sprouted wheat" stuff last week and saw a loss...but I don't want to over do it. I may have to do some research.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Lettie--where are you on the 5 week summer meltdown? I am starting it tomorrow--thanks so much for posting the info. I haven't been to my COD since Christmas (slap on hand) so I get ALL my information here--like I didn't before! I loved my COD but the turnover was maddening. I am going to call and see if I have any weeks, etc. left--I really just want new diaries--no desire to "talk" about why I've gained--I know exactly why I have!

thanks again--if you've already started you can keep us updated and we can bask in your success and know we are close behind.

Well technically I started 2 weeks ago. but then binged my life away for some reason!!! so I still weigh what I did 2 weeks ago! so I am putting all that behind me and doing TO today and tomorrow and calling this week 1. So we can do this together. I had some issues last time, the Jetstart proved to cause..........uh..... elimination issues. Not in and of itself. But my body was used to having the Activia yogurt everyday that keeps one regular. so when i stopped having that everyday because the Jetstart would be my dairy. I had problems. this time around I am going to have my activia yogurt (1/2 dairy) with 1/2 cup of milk (the other half a dairy) along with a fruit and blend it as a smoothie and have that in the morning instead of the jetstart. That first week that I was doing jetstart and things were not moving.. neither was the scale, for obvious reasons. before things got straightened up I was 5 pounds UP! then through week two I was trying to battle that, plus binging because being 5 pound up I was at the "well, whatever!! " stage. So I lost 2 weeks. ANYWAY!!!!!! I guess the answer to you question is..... WEEK ONE!
Hahahaha.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote