Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #1  
kelley_jelly_belly

S/C/G: 223.0/215.2/150.0

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi Everybody!

Well, I am a "former" semi LAWL success story ('02-'03) although I did not finish the maintenance program.Needless to say, I IMMEDIATELY gained EVERY pound back.....plus 10 of course.I found all my LAWL info waaaay back in a draw and decided to give it a shot without the COD. How lucky I was to find this website (by sheer luck) as well!

I am on the gold plan...yes, I know this is incorrect for my current weight. However, my COD at the time, started me on gold at 215 lbs and it was 3 months before anyone realized the error, but by then it was too late.

I know we are all in this together and I am looking forward to using this website for my accountability.Coincidently, I see another new member who did TO this week on the same days I did and has just about the same amount to lose so I will be paying 'EXTRA' attention to that particular ticker for some extra motivation.

Thank you to everybody for all the great input I have been reading here!
kaj804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Kelley..

If you don't mind me asking.. With all the knowledge about how to eat smarter and all that stuff, why do you think you ended up gaining all of it back? Did you just fall back into bad habits?

Now that our COD's have shut down here, I'm really concerned that the weight will come back because we won't be able to do "official" maintenence....

I know we'll get support here, but still....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi kelley and Welcome-

We are glad that you found us. It is a great bunch of people here. You will be inspired and motivated. I am sure that there are lots of things that have changed since you were last on the program, but you should pick it up quick and always feel free to ask questions. Great job on the 8 lbs. gone so far, you are on your way!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Welcome Kelley
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #6  
kelley_jelly_belly

Hi Dan,
Great question!I don't mind at all. But PLEASE do not let my poor example get you down.I honestly believe that I allowed myself to get into a relationship before I had completely finished the program.I got 'comfortable' and threw everything I had learned out the window.I had been single for 10 yrs and I think it was just too overwhelming for me, getting back in the 'dating' scene.All those dinners out, BBQ's and beer on the weekend.I went back to all the old habits before finishing the program.I should have finished it before dating again and my COD warned me of this. Kind of like an AA member dating in their first year of sobriety.
Now 4 yrs later, the BF is gone and the weight is back...LOL...but at least I know better now!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #7  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Before I joined LAWL, I had gotten comfortable in my (still current) relationship and had gained lots of weight. I hope the COD is able to teach me how not to fall back into that...it's not just the comfort of a new relationship that's a danger...it's seeing my other half just eat and eat and not gain anything that lures me into trying to eat the way he does.

He's been really supportive of my efforts on LAWL and says he's proud of me, but then will offer half a banana to me and complain when I say I can't eat it. Not that bananas are bad of course, but maybe I had run out of fruits for the day, you know? He still doesn't quite understand that YES, I can HAVE bananas (or whatever other OP food he's offering me), but only if I still have room for it that day.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Thanks Kelley, for the insight... Looks like we're gonna have to be really careful!

And Megan, you've done a good job at staying the course even though you're alone in doing the program... I don't know how successful I would have been to this point, had Liz not been on the plan too and kept me honest...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

ooo Kelley we are almost twins! check out our stats!

we could be weight loss buddies. Welome
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #10  
kelley_jelly_belly

Hi Lettie
I will be paying close attention to those stats of yours...for a little healthy competition....LOL

Right down to the height too...nice motivation for me!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #11  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

Kelley, Welcome!!

Dan, In your response to your question...I have to admit that since 2002, this is my THIRD time on this diet. Yes, it is embarrassing to admit. The first time, I lost 50 pounds and did not do stabilization and maintenance. I gained all the weight back and then some. Two years later, I went on the diet AGAIN and lost 70 pounds. Same thing, I didn't do the stabilization and maintenance. Now, I had gained most of the weight back. The whole plan has gone through a lot of changes since 2002 and since 2004. I think that the present plan is way less restrictive and easier to live with. I don't really feel deprived. I think that previously, I just got plain sick of being on a diet!! This time around, I am at a new COD and don't feel that I have a lot of support there. However, I found all of you. Even though I don't post every day, I still read every day and I get tons of inspiration and great new ideas. Kick me in the butt if I don't follow through this time. As I'm getting older, this whole process gets harder and I don't think that I have it in me to do this a 4th time!! Dan, I hope that helps. I guess, bottom line, it's me that needs to be more disciplined.
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Thanks Jill.. I guess with no COD guidence, Liz and I will just have to make sure we don't fall back on old habits and keep doing what we're doing... I've gotten used to not having bags of chips and crackers around the house, so that won't be a problem.. Hopefully I can continue to keep my nose out of McDonald's at lunch time as well...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #13  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Here's one in advance, Jill, just to keep you motivated, hee!

hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote