Old 04-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #91  

Hi all -
I signed up on this message board as well as a yahoo message board for slim for life - I have TONS of trouble getting this one to load for me so I almost never post anything - tho I do try to read yours. Does anyone else have any trouble with this website loading? It always locks up and it doesn't matter what computer I am on. If it keeps doing it I'm going to just start going to the yahoo board and forget this one - it's too frustrating!

help if you can!!!

Way to go to all of you - and I hope to hear more!!
TK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 170/156/139

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy How do the soups and meal supplements work?

I started Slim4life about 5 weeks ago and am down 14 lbs, which I am very excited about, however, I am looking for some variety. So far I have been too worried about eating the wrong thing, so I only eat plain grilled chicken and fish right now. I don't understand how the soups and other meal things work. I am currently allowed 1 bar and 1-2 protien drinks a day. If I do something like the vegitarian sloppy joes, does that count as one of those? I'm so confused!

Thanks!
ahealthyexample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #93  

Thumbs up As I understand it...

Hi 'healthy example'!
As I understand it, there are some differences in the way the different states have their 'system' set up but the basics are about the same. I have learned a TON of ideas from the yahoo message board for Slim for Lifers...but basically whatever your plan says you can have, the thermosnacks do NOT count as a protein. I am in MN and we have a sheet that lists all the thermosnacks - it's in two columns, column A has everything like the drinks, soups, etc. and column B has the bars. Here, we are allowed either two items from column A or one from A and one from B - but NOT two from B. Meaning we can have one bar a day but not two, or you can have two other snacks and no bar if you want.
I also bought the cookbook they sell - lots of ideas for recipes - and invest in several varieties of Mrs. Dash - you can sprinkle it on the chicken or fish for a variety of flavors - highly recommended by everyone, counselors included!
If you use one of the soup mixes in a recipe, that DOES count as one of your thermosnacks that day - so keep that in mind.
If you need more ideas, get signed up on the yahoo message board as well, there are a LOT of people there who post tons of stuff - very motivating and helpful - and I have no trouble getting to that site, where here I have issues with the site loading quite often!
Good luck!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 170/156/139

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Tk64! That is very helpful. Yes, that is how we do it too, 1 drink and 1 bar per day or 2 drinks, so I guess I can still cook with 1 of the soups and still have 1 bar that day. I believe that is what you are saying anways. Wish I had received that chart. I will ask about it next time. I will check the yahoo message board too. Thanks for the help!
ahealthyexample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #95  

I am truly inspired by your weightloss, Photoguy! Amazing!!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 221/196/145

Height: 5'7"

Question

Hey Everyone! I have been on slim4life for 9 weeks and have lost a little over 25lbs! I'm 50lbs from my goal! Does anyone know of any good carb blockers that are cheaper than from the center?
Kstategrad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #97  

Default Try craigslist or ebay..

Hi -
I've gotten some supplements from people on craigslist or ebay who have quit the program or who just ended up with extras. Give them a try!

Since no one has been able to give me advice on getting this site to load easier for me, I'm going to unsubscribe and just stop in once in a great while - mostly I use the yahoo board but I like this one too - WHEN I can get it work. It's just too frustrating!

Good luck to all of you - this program DOES work as long as we work the program!

TK
Old 05-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK64 View Post
Since no one has been able to give me advice on getting this site to load easier for me, I'm going to unsubscribe and just stop in once in a great while - mostly I use the yahoo board but I like this one too - WHEN I can get it work. It's just too frustrating!
Do you have link to the yahoo board? I looked last night and couldn't find it...

Thanks!

Last edited by Kstategrad07; 05-13-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 160/154/120

Height: 4'11"

Question New to plan

Hi, I'm new to S4L and found this forum. I was reading some posts about getting Thermo-Snacks online. Can you tell me if I can buy online since I'm new to the program or do I have to buy them at my S4L center? I really want this program to work but would like to save a little money wherever I can. Getting ready to retire and not sure I can afford to dole out a big chunk of money on a limited income. I'm on day 3 of prep and have lost 4 pounds so far.
denvergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/152/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies - I just started S4L yesterday - Glad to have found this forum. Does anyone have any great recipes for the program that they would like to share. Or tips on making it through? I lost my first 50 on my own - now I need the structure of a program - but giving up all sugar is KILLING me already. I have a horrible sweet tooth.
momons4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #101  

I am on the slim 4 life too. This is my second week and I am struggling, I am tired of chicken,I don't like fish and there aren't enough different vegetables that I like. All the ads say you can eat out but so far no one has told me what I could eat if I go out. If I had known more before geeting suckered in I would probable have tried something else.
maggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #102  

Talking

Maggio~

You can do it! It will get easier! I am almost done with my weight loss portion of the plan. I have lost 60lbs and have 15lbs left. After about a month my cravings went away, ya stuff still looked good but I was able to control it. I have even cooked for other people stuff I can't eat myself!

A variation for chicken that makes it really moist and yummy is marinading it in fat free Italian dressing. Delish! As for the veggies I eat a lot of romaine lettuce salads, tomatos, red bell peppers (they are sweeter than green), cucumbers, steamed green beans, steamed broccoli, and steamed broccoli/cauliflower mix.

You totally can eat out! A good dish I like at Applebees is their garlic herb chicken, its newer on the weight watchers menu. It has a great garlic herb sauce on it which I was told was fat free itailan dressing and an herb mixture, steamed broccoli, and a few baby potatoes (which I eat instead of a baked potato). In general grilled chicken, steaks, shrimp, and grilled fish are pretty safe to eat when going out to eat. I have eaten out quite a bit on the plan and I have been pretty successful!

I know its a lot of the same repetitive foods, but to me it was worth it! I love my new body...and I'm still loosing! So far I have went down 10 pant sizes...and the size I am in is starting to get too big! I am super excited, and my weight loss has motivated my boss to join Slim4Life! I know you can do it! Just hang in there!

~Amanda~

Last edited by Kstategrad07; 10-20-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #103  

I just started Slim 4 life about a week ago. Has anyone had a problem with bloating and constipation?
fitwoman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 159/153/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all! New to the boards, and to a hopeful weightloss. I begin my 3 day prep this Wed. Ive gone out and bought all the goods I CAN enjoy for those three days. Im just wondering what to look forward to at the nutrition meeting that im attending on Friday. Also, any and all recipes to get me through the first 3 days, would be amazing. Nice to be on board with others! If anyone is participating at the Shawnee location, let me know! I would love to hear from others from this location!
mandarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #105  

S/C/G: sw 230/cw 230/gl 145

Height: 5'3

Default support group

I am starting Monday on Slim 4 life along with my husband. He doesn't have that much to loose as I do. I would love to have someone I can talk to and help support during this journey. I have tried so many different diets and never have been successful. My problem is I love potatoes, pasta and bread and i am an emotional eater. I am hoping that this diet is the one for me and will help me finally. Any help or support I can get would be great. Thanks
mcarbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote