Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 235/213/160

I also follow the s4l program. Started 4 weeks ago down 22lbs.
febboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #77  
New to weightloss

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'8

Default Frustrated

I am going on my 2nd week of S4L. I lost 5 lbs. in the prep phase...but I've gained 2 of them back. I am getting kind of discouraged. I am having a hard time coming up with different recipes. This is a little more difficult than I anticipated. Any advice???
laniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 235/213/160

Well I gained too after coming off the prep. I think our bodies are adjusting to having starches. It will come off. Stick to plan...i know some days are discouraging but it does work!

Meal ideas....I do chicken tacos in the crockpot.

3-4 boneless skinless breasts
Throw into crockpot frozen
Fill with water to almost cover chicken.
Add cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mrs Dash original blend no salt.
I just use more cumin than anything since it gives it that mexican taste.
Add 1/2 chopped tomato

Cook on low for 6-8hrs...so yummy, Get the whole wheat low carb, low fat tortillas....
febboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 259/252/150

Height: 5'4

Same here on weight loss after Prep...lost 7, gained 2 on next day weight in. I had to laugh, the lady asked me "Are you wearing different clothing than when you weighed in yeasterday?"
I fell out of my chair laughing (I don't think she appriciated it). I responded, "No ma'am, I put on clean clothes every day whether I eed to or not!"
rgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #80  
New to weightloss

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'8

Default Weighing in

Well I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! I am going in today for my 3rd weigh in this week. Hopefully I will not have gained any more weight!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
laniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I just started today and I didn't have to do the prep phase because I am a vegetarian. Are there any other vegetarian Slim 4 Life gals our there? They told me my weight loss would be slower b/c I don't eat animal protein so I was wondering if that would hold true or not?
KatyeMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 157/145/118

Height: 5'4'

Hi! i started on Feb 5th/08. My original weight was 157, I'm 133 now ( 25 inches off). Was it easy----no!!!!!!!!!!! but its possible=-----good luck!!!!
Mika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #83  
Finally Serious 2 Lose

S/C/G: SW: 256/CW: 245/ GW: 145

Height: 5'5

Default Slim4Life Support Group

Hi there. I am new to this forum and am new to Slim4Life and looking for suppport groups or somewhere to share ideas since there really is not time when you go to weigh in. If there is anyone still out there, I would love to connect with you so we can share our journey and encourage each other.
I did start a blog through this site and hoping to keep up with my trials and successes.
anyone else in the Kansas City area ever want to meet to talk about how you are making this work, I am open to that as well as online supporters.
Good luck everyone!
Heather (aka: shugrl)
shugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #84  

Red face

I'm just getting ready to sign up next week - I'm a little nervous about sticking to it but the monetary committment is going to keep me doing my best. I would love to keep up with folks just starting out on the plan. I am in the twin cities but the internet makes it easy to connect with S4Lers all over!! I'll post again once I get signed up and start the 3-day prep....

take care all!
Theresa (aka: TK)
TK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 278.5/233/210

Height: 6'

If you follow the program, you will lose weight. Get rid of every vice in your home. Once you start to lose, and you will lose quickly, you will gain control over your cravings. Getting on that scale, and seeing numbers you haven't seen in years is quite a kick. I've dropped 45lbs since Jan 7. I'm not proud, but I haven't worked out once. I've cut my social life down considerably-that's ok though--- My favorite tv shows are on the Foodnetwork lol ! I also enjoy watching Survivorman- heck that guy lives for 7 days eating and drinking some bad stuff- and practically starves. You look at all you get to eat, and its a feast! Eventually, you'll be getting compliments from people you least expect, those are the nice times, because you know they are sincere. You have to force yourself to drink all that water, but do it. I've got 20 more lbs, to my goal....its been hard, but definitely worth every minor inconvenience- you will change your eating habits forever- you will never, ever be the same, you will be better than before. So suck it up, drink water eat everything you are supposed to eat, don't skip anything. Lastly, avoid eating your starches and carbs late at night- if possible eat most of them early to midday---do not cheat on yourself, or this diet-- unless you are destined to live a life of guilt-- and failure- this diet is too good to not give it 100%- you will lose the weight and fast! Ps..you will be going to the bathroom a ton, early on....so plan your car trips accordingly
localhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #86  

WELL....
just back from Weigh in...
I've been on S4L since 3/11/08....
I've Only Lost 13 Pounds was put on a 2 Day Protein Plateau Breaker...
My body is in Stravation mode so , No Kidding, they give me 2 days of only 900 cals.
I was on Plan 3... I WAS working out, now they tell me I'm not losing because I work out TOO much...
I invested TOO MUCH $$$$$ to stop... I have no energy...
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...
THINMISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by THINMISS View Post
WELL....
just back from Weigh in...
I've been on S4L since 3/11/08....
I've Only Lost 13 Pounds was put on a 2 Day Protein Plateau Breaker...
My body is in Stravation mode so , No Kidding, they give me 2 days of only 900 cals.
I was on Plan 3... I WAS working out, now they tell me I'm not losing because I work out TOO much...
I invested TOO MUCH $$$$$ to stop... I have no energy...
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...

I too have been very tired, at the end of the day. Then I ask myself, did I remember to take my salt? Nope, I forgot...So, I'm going to start taking my salt every morning. We'll see if that makes a difference in my energy level. You've been working out and still not dropping? How many pounds do you want to lose to hit your goal? If you are within 15-20 pounds I hear things slow down. Are you keeping your diary updated? The investment is substantial, work those counselors for everything....Hang in there, your body may be stubborn, but you will get there- Also, try not weighing yourself everyday- that can set the tone for your whole day- so back off on the scale, follow the plan, and I'll bet the scale talks to you in a good way next time!!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #88  

GOOD MORNING LOCAL HERO,

Thank You for posting...........
yes, I do the MLS I do shooters in the morning....
You are right I only need to lose 5-10 more Pounds............
Maybe THAT is My Problem!
I am going to Florida for a week on Saturday & almost dreading the FOOD issues I'll be faced with...............

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY OUT THERE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...
THINMISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #89  

How's everyone doing out there? Has anyone come up with a killer (favorite)recipe that they can share for the S4L plan? That has been my biggest challenge is to mix it up and make some things that taste really good, but still work with in the program. If I see another chicken breast I might barf...lol. Oh wait, I ate that for dinner!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #90  
Big Red One

S/C/G: 445/295/293

Height: 6'3"

Default Recipe ideas....

I like to buy the frozen fish filets. They are less strain on the wallet than fresh and if you prepare them right, then you won't notice the difference.
I use those Steamer Bags (i believe they are Ziploc's) and steam my fish. I add Mrs. Dash seasoning to the fish before I cook it in the microwave. If you take one of your frozen filets, put it in a steamer bag, sprinkle seasonings on top(MLS, pepper, Mrs. Dash of your choice) then pop it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes(depending on your micro) and voila, a fresh piece of steamed fish that has great flavor.
Now, it's not the best you will ever have, but for $5 for 3 pieces of tuna, I can sacrifice a little quality.
I also like to use the steamer bags of frozen vegetables. You can often find them for less than a dollar a bag and they are so simple to make.
After I follow the bag's directions, I put them in a container with MLS, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and some of my diet butter and that makes me like 4 servings that stay pretty crispy over the next several days. I like the Italian seasoning for green beans and the chipotle seasoning for broccoli(trust me, it's great)
I know these aren't anything too fancy and S4L will probably tell you that they would prefer fresh over frozen, but I continue to lose weight and it works for me. I hope this works for you too.

Continued success with S4L. Despite my goal on here, I will change that when I hit it. So I still have a ways to go.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote