Old 01-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #61  

Britteny2323 Keep us posted on how you are doing I have lost 16Lbs since 1-7-08 and find that it easier then I thougt. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
hipchick37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 150/145/120

Height: 5'6''

Default Newbie

Hi! I'm a newbie to this thread! I did S4L over a year and a half ago with my momma. I lost the intended 25lbs and she lost the intended 45lbs. It took us both a bit longer than the "projected" weeks because lets face it, LIFE HAPPENS! Well she has kept her weight off, but I suffered some unfortunate health issues and did gain most of mine back. I'm on the wagon now for a second round because I have witnessed this program work time and time again for SO many friends and family.

I'm glad I found this thread because my struggle is I am no longer in Colorado and have to buy my thermo snacks online at dietdirect.com (cheaper) and my mom ships me the pills, but ACCOUNTABILITY is HUGE! So I will become a regular on here as I hope many of you are.

Given I have done the WHOLE program before I might be able to answer a lot of questions that arise so ask anytime!

I would like to thank you all in advance for your encouragement after I decide on some occasion that sugar cookies and a vodka-tonic are the perfect nightcap

Have a great day!
traycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:56 PM   #63  

Hello everyone! I am so gald to find a place that I can share my progress, concerns, etc. on the Slim For Life Program!!! This is my second time on S4L. The first time, I followed the program for a month and a half and had absolutely gret results....I lost about 20 lbs in just 5 weeks! But, I went on vacation and got off track, so I am now reminded that a KEY to dieting is PREPARATION. I am now at the point in my life where I can dedicate time to shopping for, preparing and consuming the right food. The hardest part for me was the prep. I just finished my prep yesterday and today is my first day on real food. It was like I was looking forward to today while doing the prep. The program is really not that hard if you try some of the recipes in the book and don't eat the same thing everyday-change it up! I am down 7 lbs in 4 days!
MissDina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #64  

Hi, I just started 4 days ago with S4L, so this is my first day off the prep phase. I was getting so sick of beef! And I am normally not a water drinker so it has been a challenge. I was shocked during the nutritional meeting when I found out about all the prep work to eat right. We run a business, I go to school full time and have two kids...but now that I have seen a 6 pound drop in 4 days, I want to give it my all. I may have to break down and buy that cookbook though, I'm not creative in the food dept. If anyone knows of cheaper websites etc...to buy the products, please let me know!
anhayla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 157/145/118

Height: 5'4'

Hi, i just started S4L and today was my 3rd day. It wasn't easy... I ate lots of chicken, fish, shrimp, lamb, turkey, but still was hungry. However, it’s possible to survive))))) so looking forward to eat something different. Good luck!!!!!
Mika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 278.5/233/210

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
Glad to hear all of you are doing so well. I am on day 16 and have lost 12 lbs! If I get hungry, I have one extra Turbosnack (not a bar) and that works pretty well. Is it normal to be more tired?

I am glad to have found other people who are on this same journey.
Kal, if you are tired, chances are you are not
measuring out and taking enough sodium. For
the first 4 weeks, I was losing weight, but finally
hit a wall about 3pm every single day. It was my
lack of Sodium! So I take the "fake" Morten salt, and
measure it out 1/2 tsp. mix it up in water each morning
and drink. That's it. I feel mucho better and the weight is
still coming off.
localhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 278.5/233/210

Height: 6'

dietdirect.com
It is amazing how similar the snacks look compared to S4L! They've
got to be the same, huh?
Do I ever feel dumb. This is something everyone new to the
program should know about. I could have saved a boat load
of cash. Oh well, the next time I have to re-order I will know
where to go. Thanks a lot for this link.
localhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #68  

Default S4L meal advice

I couldn't afford the program, but a friend of mine gave me the basics and the food list. I am really having a hard time planning meals. Also, I could just really use some support and encouragement. I'm on week 2. I have the snacks and I've been taking my own version of the EFA's and the multi-vitamin.

Anyone in the North Metro Denver area that would like some support also?
LosinginThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #69  

HELLO FELLOW SLIM4LIFERS!

I joined on Tuesday, Down 6.7 pounds

I DO NOT take most of the supplements I can't have caffiene.
I AM taking the EFA's & carb blockers only....

I did Step class this morning & FEEL Fabulous!!!!

Good Luck everyone..
Have a super weekend...

...Thinmiss...
THINMISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 383/375/185

Smile Hello everyone! I need your support! :-)

As of yesterday, I signed up for S4L. It has taken some serious soul searching because in the past I have always been able to lose weight on my own through diet and exercise. Unfortunately, as I've increased in age, seem to be working a **** of a lot more, forgetting about making myself a priority and so forth, I have managed to put on quite a bit of weight.

It's funny how your mind plays tricks on you. I mean, I knew that I had gained the weight and could feel its effects. Yet, everytime I would look in the mirror or see a photo of myself I would convince myself that it wasn't that bad. I have been blessed with two of the most beautiful great nieces and nephew in the world. I spend lots of time with them as they come to visit me often. This past week has simply put everything into perspective for me.

It was hard holding back the tears yesterday when I went into S4L yesterday and did my weigh-in. It was at that exact moment that I finally realized that I have accepted the fact that I have a problem and needed help. I am a proud man. Outgoing, energetic, confident and more so for me to physically walk in and announce to the world that I need help was really tough for me.

I see so many posts and individuals with success stories that here it is at 4:05am CST and I am awake and posting on this site. lol

It's comfortting to know that I am not alone in this journey. I would love to ask for support while provding support in return.

I've noticed that I am in rare company being as I am pretty much one of the only men on this site, but I am not ashamed to admit that yes, I am a man and I need help.

Good luck to everyone!

GODSPEED
Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:12 AM   #71  

Thanks for the information. I am a newbie to S4L so this will definitely come in handy!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:15 AM   #72  

Hi Kmisbell! I am in the KC area as well! How is the S4L program working for you thus far?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #73  

Congratulations Photoguy! I am proud of you as I am sure everyone is as well!

Never thought I would ever see myself supporting a Kansan! Just kidding!

GO TIGERS!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #74  
New to weightloss

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'8

Default Heres goes nothing

I just started S4L and I am on day 2 of my prep phase....ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! I just want a cookie or something. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. in 12 weeks. I am a total choco-holic and I am worried that I will be so tempted by all the goodies. WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER!!!!!!

Last edited by laniek; 03-20-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Added Things
laniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 259/252/150

Height: 5'4

I see after reading all of these posts- I am not alone! I joined slim for life on fri (3/28) and started my prep phase today (Sun). The start of the day was great but my head is screaming for sugar. Hopefully, tomorrow's plea's won't be as loud!
rgoode is offline   Reply With Quote