3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #31

S/C/G: SW 248 CW 165

Height: 5'9

Default Just started S4L.. Need on buddy!

I just joined S4L in the Kansas City area and looking for a buddy. I am only on day 2. Looks like the other folks are further along. Carolaonn how are you doing after the 3 day prep?
kmisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #32

Hi all, You'll have to excuse my newness to the site. This is my first post.
I was looking into the Slim4Life website this morning and I'm interested in trying it but really need to know about how much it costs before wasting my time making an appointment. I know someone who has lost tons of weight on the plan and she loves it. Can any of you tell me what you're paying for the program?
Vicki Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #33
Kal
Kal

S/C/G: 196/155

Height: 5 ft. 5 in.

Smile Slim 4 Life newbie too

I just got home from signing up. I spent $1700.00 to get all the stuff I will need for 33 weeks. ($55.00 per week). Although it seems like a lot of money I recently tried First Line Therapy which cost me over $1000.0 in 8 weeks ($125.00 per week) and I lost all of 8 pounds and got toxic from all the supplements they pushed on me. My neighbor has had great success with Slim 4 Life, so here goes!

How does everyone make time to go in 3 times per week?

I hope we can support each other on our journey.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #34

Thumbs up The program works

In March 2005 I joined S4L @ 236 lbs and by the end of the year I was at 157. I became over confident and people were telling me I'd lost too much weight so after this last holiday I noticed that I had gained some of the weight back. I have rejoined to lose the remainder of my original weighgoal.
I approaching the end of day 1 prep.
Believe me if you can stay on program, watch your portions, drink your water you'll lose the weight.
It is expensive, but weigh your options: shorten lifespan, inability to participate in life, prescriptions for weight-related illnesses. looking good, and the grocery bills will decrease.
I did discover that you will need to follow the eating habits the rest of my life. It is so easy to gain weight and so difficult to lose it. Eliminating the processed foods and eating as naturally items as possible. Society has made eating simple but at what price?
I wish everyone good luck!
Rickie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #35

S/C/G: 280/270/195

Height: 5'10"

Default Slim 4 life

I was on WW from August 2005 until March 2006. I went from 290 to 225. Then from March 2006 till December 2007, I gained almost all of it back and now weigh a little under 280.

I started Slim 4 Life yesterday and I have my nutrition class tomorrow.

Do you have to buy the pills? I am mainly looking for a general nutrition plan and I am confident I will be working out quite a bit.

To be honest, I say I was on WW but I actually never paid a dime for it. My wife was doing it for work and I just kind of did it with her. I knew how many points I could have and how to figure out the points. Plus I ran about 2-4 miles a day. I know that with a nutrition plan and maybe some of the pills I can be successful but I don't want to be popping pills as much as it sounds like they require you too. I don't care about not being on the "money back quarentee".

Can anyone help me out?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #36

Default I have my nutrition class tonite (m)

and my understanding is, you only are required to buy Qty 2 Thermo Snacks a week.....

That the supplements, vitamins are not required.

I did end up buying the thermo boosts and the plan when I signed up. I did not buy the thermo snacks. But I will thru the weeks, cuz I didn't want to buy a bunch of them,a nd not like them. So I will try as I go, and find what I like.

I haven't decided about the supplements. I'll probably buy the EFA's at Target. Along with a Multi Vitamin. But not sure about the Carb Blockers, or the Herbal Supplement. Maybe I will only buy them when I hit a plataue? I'm not sure.

Good Luck! Today is my 3rd day doing the 3 day prep diet, and I can honestly say I'm anxious to get a Nutritional Plan. Green raw vegis are not my favorite. The protein wasn't so bad, but I need more. LOL!

Have you searched "groups" at Yahoo, there was a Slim 4 Life group there that I joined, and they have been very helpful! Come join us, there are about 2-3 new members just starting.

JoAnn
brittney2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #37
Kal
Kal

S/C/G: 196/155

Height: 5 ft. 5 in.

Question Doing Slim 4 Life

Well, I made it through the prep days and am starting the weight loss plan today. I feel a little lost and overwhelmed with the choices. Have any of you figured out a way to break things down by meal?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #38

The way I understand it. Its my first day too, is that it doesn't matter how you break it up. Just so you get all the daily requirements in.

She did say for us to probably eat our Proteins when we are most hungry. Like for lunch and dinner. Not for breakfast, unless you are super hungry at breakfast usually!

I think for me, I'm going to end up buying egg beaters for breakfast, so I can have that for breakfast and not count it as my protein.....

I have 1 protein left, 1 vegi, and one thermo snack. I think I may save my thermo snack for evening tonite. We'll see.

Good Luck!

JoAnn
Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #39

Ive been thinking of joing s4l but i dont know if i can afford it do the have payment plans or do i have to pay up front
sincity9008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #40

Default It's very, very expensive. I just signed up and (m)

if I would have bought everything it would have been 3,085> I only did about 1/2 of this. And I did put it on Credit Care, their credit card system. No interst for 6mths. Which is still very costly! LOL! About $250/mth. And that's for only half the program.

I have heard that I can buy soem of the product online, but you are required to buy the program and Qty 2 of the thermo snacks per week. So that would be $1385.00 total. And then the rest of the pieces you could buy elsewhere.

I havent' decided what I will do for the remainder of the stuff I need. I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

JoAnn
Old 01-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #41

S/C/G: 157/156/120

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone!!! I just finished my prep and my first day in weight loss. It was hard to spread out the plan today. I bought the cook book. It is the best thing I did besides sign up, It makes it more interesting. I have found that it is easier to plan it the night before. Also the thermo snacks are pretty good. So, hold on if your in the prep phase cause food will get better.

P.

Last edited by determinedindenver : 01-05-2008 at 11:48 PM.
determinedindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #42

Smile JUst Started Today Slim4LIFE Grandview

Hey just signed up today will start on 3 day regime tomorrow wish me luck
hipchick37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #43

S/C/G: 157/156/120

Height: 5'4

good luck!!!! You will be fine. It's all good once you get threw the prep.
determinedindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #44
Joolz

S/C/G: 203/197/153

Height: 5'6"

I just started S4L yesterday!! I was happy to have a 1.6 pound loss this morning! Yeah! Good luck!! Remember to stay close to the bathroom facilities!! All that water makes a girl float!! LOL

BigKuntreeMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #45

Did anyone have problems eating 2-3 Lbs of meat during the prep. Any ideas on how to season the chicken with out condiments? I was told I have to use Kraft Fat free ranch but the Hidden Valley seems to have less junk in it any ideas.
hipchick37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.