Old 10-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5.4

I did it! Anybody else just start on this program?
NANARAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a question-do they just promote the snacks/herbs/supplements heavily, or are they absolutely, 100% required to do the program-no ifs, ands, or buts?

Some places heavily suggest their products, because they are a business, but does Slim 4 Life require them?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #18  

They promote their products, I have friends and family that have done this program before and went to health food stores and found similar products and used those instead. I like the one stop shopping, We'll see how it goes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

I started slim4life two weeks ago. I have followed the diet exactly as directed, but I've only lost three pounds so far. I'm a vegetarian, so the counselors told me (after I'd signed up) that it will take me longer to lose the weight. I'm pretty frustrated, but still working the diet.
elorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Don't be frustrated-a healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week, and you are averaging 1.5 per week, which is wonderful. Patience is key with any weight loss plan. You are actually right on track.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #21  

Smile

Hi Elorene
I'm not a vegetarian and I am averaging about the same weight loss, it is very frustrating, I have noticed my clothes are fitting better so the few pounds I'm losing are making a difference
I am doing a quick start 6 week program I'm suppose to lose 20lbs
I feel water logged! Let’s hang in there
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #22  

Default Hanging in!

I'm hanging in there. I don't know if I did a "quick start" or not. I had those first three days of (for vegetarians) only eggs and green veggies. I thought I might die!

I've just started week three and I've lost 7 pounds now. Of course, it always varies when I go to weigh in! I'm shooting for having lost 10 by my check-in on Monday.

Best of luck!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #23  

How are things going?? I fell off the ship. I just don't get it You can gain back in 2 days what takes you weeks to lose I'm back on
Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #24  

Default It happens to everyone!

Don't worry, I think everyone has a time where they end up eating a little more/differently than their diet suggests.

I went out to eat for the first time last week and I got sick! I think my body just isn't accustomed to the fat anymore!

So, I think there are many potential pitfalls and as long as you pull yourself out and get back on the wagon, you're doing great!

Keep on plugging! I'm cheering you on!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermomma View Post
Good afternoon ladies;

I have been on slim 4 life for the past 6 weeks. It was going really well until I just recently on vacation. I've been back since last friday and my binging hasn't stopped.

I'm going to go in today with no food journals and an extra 8 pounds and hope they are gentle.

I have just lost my drive and self control. Anyone have any suggestion. I need help; I just scarffed down an oatmeal cream pie.

I think I just realized my problem!!! I was doing GREAT on my diet plan (NOT S4L but another) and went on vacation to Chicago. I think that going on a binge there is still in my system. I think that since I did binge, I can't get back on track I'm very very discouraged with my plan.... and in tears everyday :-(
Sturn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #26  

I received a call from S4L (since I hadn't been in) I told them I had totally got off the diet, they encouraged me to come in, I had not gained a pound, of course I had not lost one either. Back on again Looking at the weight loss you all are doing far better than me. I have lost 9 lbs...
Old 11-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160 pounds

Height: 5'0"

I am going to start the 3 day diet prep tomorrow and I am looking for tips on how you survived the Slim 4 Life diet prep!!! Any hints?

Also, it's ok to buy the snacks week by week, right? Thanks.
mil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #28  

Hi! My husband and I just joined s4l a few days ago and are starting the 3 days of misery tomorrow, at least that is what is seems it will be...a few eggs, meat and raw vegis for 3 days!!!! Yikes. I am a food lover and I am almost in a state of depression over the thought of being restricted from so many of the foods that I love.
I found that the counsolor was very tight liped about the program until we signed up and then she told us what the first three days would be and that we would find out what we could eat after that at the nutrition class, so...I feel like I'm going into this diet without much info. Sounds like it's alot of carb restriction?? again I say...yikes.
Does anyone have any tips on the first three days?? Can you have carrots? It doesn't say no or yes on the sheet.
Please, someone...tell me I will live through these first days!!!
carribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #29  

I have an appointment tomorrow morning -- can anyone tell me what to expect? How much, will it be a high pressure sales pitch, and what is this 3-days of ****? I know they want to keep it top secret, but if you are willing to share, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Susie in the Twin Cities
stamptherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #30  

I just started Slim4Life on Monday - down 5 pounds as of yesterday. Feeling very good about my choice. Is anyone else on this program currently/still?
carolann1208 is offline   Reply With Quote