Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 10 of 15
Go to
  • Thankyou for the informative post kari. I wanted to know if so far I have eaten okay. I had 2 eggs, half and orange, half a rotisserie chicken( bought from central market) and just now I have beef patties mixed with morton lite salt, onions, garlic, cayenne/black pepper and green chillies cooking in the oven. I am probably going to eat half a pound of them. I also had spinach raw and going to eat more green veggies and four bottles of water so far. Is that okay?
  • Also the metabloizer has gelatin in it and I don't eat pork. So I need to ask my counselor tomorrow what can I take instead. I hope she would have some options for me.
  • Hi Virgo. You're still doing the cleanse, right? I'm really not sure whatall is on the plan for the cleanse as I was actually too heavy to do it when I started. Apparently being over 300lbs it was considered a health risk and too much of a shock to the body. I've done other things since and will be doing 2 days of intense proteins (2-3 lbs!!) on Sat and Sun next weekend.

The only thing that really hits me as possibly not on plan would be the onions? I haven't had any since I started as they are not on the list. But if its just a flavoring, maybe its ok.

As far as gelatin in the metabolizers, I hope they're able to help you come up with a solution. I know a lot of the weight loss is how those metabolizers and the combo of foods allowed is how it works. They've got a "lighter" version for certain dietary needs as far as I know.

Good luck with all of this! Its been an amazing experience and I want to encourage you to work with them at the clinic so you keep up with this.
  • Thankyou Kari so much! And they told me that I can break up the capsule and sprinkle it on my food .

Anyone wanna be my e-mail/chat buddy?? I would love to support and motivate . Thankyou!!!!!!!!!
  • Onions
    Hi Virgo,

I just started Slimgenics and just finished Day 2 prep. I had my class tonight and they told me no white onions....only green onions. They said white onions carmelize in our bodies and inhibit weight loss. Otherwise, I think what you are eating looks fine.

After Day 1 of prep, I am down 5.5 pounds......going tomorrow morning to weigh again after Day 2.

Good luck everyone!!
  • Rotisserie Chicken
    Virgo,

One more thing...... I wouldn't eat the rotisserie chicken. They put seasoning on those chickens and I doubt they are no salt. that is why they taste so good!

Did they tell you to try Mrs. Dash? There are many flavors and they are all no salt.

Good luck!
  • Hi Molliee!!! Wow 5.5 lbs!!! congrats that's wonderful!!! Today is my fourth day and I am down 4.2 lbs. They told me to eat the rotisserie chicken so I did. Well I am so happy for you that you have lost so much weight yaiiiiiiiii!!
  • Virgo
    4.2 pounds!! Woo hoo!! Way to go Virgo!!

Well, goes to show you what I know about the rotisserie chicken....LOL! I guess that is why we are paying them the money.

I just figured out that if I pay full price and not volume purchase everything ( which I am not going to volume purchase ) it will cost $115 / week for all of the snacks/supplements/herbs/efa's/carb blockers/thermaboost. That is quite a bit more than I expected but I started so I will stick with it now.

As of this morning after 2 prep days, I am down 8.5 pounds so I am happy with the weight loss so far. Today was my last day of prep so anxious to see what my loss is tomorrow morning.

And for any newbies, be sure to do the Morton Lite Salt. I forgot mine yesterday until about 5 p.m. and I felt terrible.....headache, dizziness, etc.

Keep posting your results Virgo..... I will do the same. How much do you have to lose? I need to lose 62 pounds to get to my goal......

Good luck to eveyone!!
  • Slim4Life compared to LA Weight Loss
    Anyone do LA Weight Loss and now on Slim4Life? Sounds like the same program when I went in for my consultation. I am waiting to start the program until I have the money (hopefully next month). In the meantime I am trying to lose some weight on my own like I did with LA Weight Loss. Just struggling with no motivation.
  • Supplements
    Is anyone doing S4L without the supplements?
  • Thermo Snacks
    Just curious what your favorite thermo snacks are? I am looking at buying thru dietdirect.com but just wondering what the most popular ones are especially when you start craving chocolate.
  • Can you find the pills anywhere else like a vitamin store? I did that with another program I just compared the ingredients on the bottle with the ones in the Vitamin store. I ended up saving 1/2 of what I was buying them thru the center (LA Weight Loss). Also just wondering if S4L uses the same supplements LA Weight Loss did.
  • Mollie: 8.5 is AMAZING!!! I can't wait till all of us have met our goal weight. My counselor told me to lose 75 lbs and she said I should be able to in 6 months. I have my fingers crossed . Also yea the supplements and the whole shabang is pretty expensive. Just last night I found a website where the protein supplements are 10 bux a box. I read the nutrition info and it was exactly the same as S4L. So I dunno I might start ordering from them. But I have a month worth of supply so let's see. I don't know if I can put the link here so I won't.

Jovigirl: I haven't done the LA weight loss and as far as losing without the supplements, you probably will lose weight because the plan is very restricted and it's healthy. But I am pretty sure the pills help the weight loss. I am not really sure about who else would carry the pills. But they are not out of the ordinary so you can probably find something similar at health food stores os GNC like you said.

Good Luck everyone I think I have finally found something that might work
  • Okay guys went to the center today and the final weigh-in for the week is 8.6 lbs . What about you guys??

and also how many metabolizers are you guys taking each day? I am just taking 2 because I think that's all I can handle right now!
  • Virgo!!!

8.6?? That is fantastic!! Way to go!!! I am going to go to weigh in tomorrow (Saturday) and I will also weigh in on Monday. The Monday weigh in will be my official 1 week.

You must be feeling so great about yourself!! Keep up the good work and remember:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!!

When you ask about the metabolizers, are you referring to the herbal stimulants? Not sure which ones you are talking about. If it is the herbal ones, I am doing the caffeine free ones.

Keep up the good work and stay focused on your end goal, Virgo!!!