Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #16  
LAWL Salt Police

Mandatory if you want the money back deal... I guess it may differ between corportate and franchise locations.

I would fight them on that...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #17  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

But think about how much you would be getting back versus how much you'll pay for the bars. I was told that they would have to completely rework my plan to exclude the bars, so stupid me didn't want to inconvenience anyone, so I just purchased them. Then I came here and found out it would have just been the next plan up minus the bars... Like Dan said, if you feel uncomfortable and want some advice, just relay the info here and we can help you out. You can always give them an answer tomorrow.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #18  

I think that is new (about mandatory lites). I asked if they were an option and they said "no"--I joined a month ago.

Steph what I wished I knew before I joined is that you can say you want to lose less pounds and then you can add weeks if you change you mind. I thought it was like WW were they tell you what your weight should be and you have to agree to lose that much. My COD is running a couple of specials where you can do a 8 week make over but I dont know if you already have to be a member or if you can just sign up for those 8 weeks.
I just checked the site and in my area they are running a $4 per week special (zip code 91344). I would go in and tell them what you saw on the internet and then let them tell you what they can do for you!
curlmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #19  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Steph! As you can see there's lot's of help here.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Steph - Good luck at your appointment. Just remember that YOU are the customer and they work for YOU. They will probably be a little overzealous on the sales pitch since it's their first day open, but just be strong and don't do anything you're not comfortable with.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

I wonder if when I walk in it will feel like they are looking at me as $$$ or as a person. Do they seem to be genuine or is it all a act ?

I hate when people act fake
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Just like any other company, and any other person, it depends on the individual person. Just go in with your eyes open, but you don't have to be overly defensive, either. We've all heard horror stories, but as long as you think about what you sign up for and are comfortable with your decision, you're fine. But also remember that just because you are aware of things, that doesn't mean you have to fight the program. Some people sign up and then second guess everything the counselor says, or only follow whatever rules they want to and then they are disappointed when they don't lose or they lose slower. Bottom line is the program works if you follow it. That doesn't mean you have to buy every product they have, but you do need to follow the guidelines. You just have to sort out the sales tactics. And if you want to use a product, you are not a "sucker" for trying it. I do the lites, sometimes the slim downs (meal replacements), sometimes the biscottis, whatever I'm in the mood for. It's just that it's my decision to try something, not because of a sales tactic.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/174/165

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Good luck to you! I just started around 8 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier! I paid around $800 (for the bars and the program). I wish I knew about the walk out trick too!!
addisonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #24  
LAWL Salt Police

We lucked out and our COD counselor was fantastic.. Throughout our time there, she was my favorite as she never made us feel like we were idiots when we strayed off plan, and even encouraged us not to sweat the small stuff, especially around the holidays..

If you're lucky, you'll get someone who was or is on the plan, so they will know what it's like.. There's nothing worse than starting off with some little stick person who makes you feel low. For a time, my COD also had a guy counselor who I could talk to like "one of the guys".. He was also a personal trainer and gave me a lot of insight as to how a guy can really succeed in the program.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 310/300/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

I just joined LAWL today. I thought they were very professional and not pushy at all. I had read all the negative reports but have also seen people online and some local who have done very well with the program. I don't think all locations run their office that way. Definately, I imagine, a difference in the corporate owned and franchised facilities.

The staff at LAWL worked with me to find what I could afford and didn't pressure me into something I felt was not doable for me right now. I had a budget and she did her best to make it work for me. Keep in mind, I also had a pretty good idea of what I was going to have to spend before I walked in the door.

I am waiting for the letter from my doc and their dietician, which I think is a really smart thing they do. I have fatty liver disease and at least they care enough to not just take your money and see if it is something you should do. I know of another similar type program who does none of this. Of course I understand they are assuring themselves of no liability, etc. by doing so as well.

I do have to purchase $29.95 weekly of the bars, but honestly, I have tried them already and hey, they are delicous. I don't think I will have a problem eating those...might have to watch I don't want to eat too many. For what I spend on eating out, I will save money by following this diet and purchasing the bars.

I thought about going it alone, but I realize I have a hard time sticking to anything and am hoping the weekly visits/check-in will do the trick for me.

I am also hoping the more structured program will be a plus over WW.

It did cost me $4 a week to start and I do have a lot to lose. I decided that in the time it takes me to lose this weight, I would have probably spent more eating out and eating all the wrong stuff, plus not losing weight then what it cost me to join.

It's great to see all the post on this board and it was one of the deciding factors for me to give it a go.

Thanks so much,

Diane in Missouri
wahm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #26  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Diane!!!

equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote