3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   COD Weigh In (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/112997-cod-weigh.html)

curlmama 05-18-2007 10:22 PM

COD Weigh In

How often do you go to your COD and weigh in? They told me most people go in once a week but I feel like for what I am paying I should go in more often. Plus, I think the additional accountability would be useful for me.

mgresso 05-18-2007 10:38 PM

I go three times a week dang it. You're right. I pay for it, I'm getting my money's worth. Plus it helps keep me in line!

Dan2112 05-19-2007 01:22 AM

Well, ahem, when we had a COD to go to, we always went 3 times a week unless something got in the way of our plans... I felt that I had to get my money's worth but it also kept us on the straight and narrow.. We don't have a workable scale at home, so it was the only way for us to keep track...

KrispieD 05-19-2007 08:44 AM

In my area you have to go 3 times a week, then once on stabilization you visit twice weekly and then on maintenance you go once a week.
Good luck with the program! I know that weighing in on Monday mornings kept me on the straight and narrow on the weekends!!. most of the time :)

marzbe 05-19-2007 09:09 AM

Twice a week here because that's what fits the best into my schedule. I do not get on the scale at home! I only weigh in at the COD, it's the way that keeps me accountable and not going crazy :crazy: when the scale fluctuates daily.

I start maitence next week, then it's going to be Tuesday weigh ins and not Tuesday-Friday. I would love to weigh in first thing on Monday mornings, but at that point I'm halfway through my work day, so it's sort of tough to leave work to go weigh in.

What I think is the most important is that I weigh in consistently, that means around the same time every Tuesday afternoon typically after eating the same amount of food. Knowing that I'm weighing in Tuesday allows me a little leway on Saturday nights, but makes me make sure I'm perfect come Monday.

bizlawchik 05-19-2007 11:51 AM

I went three times per week before starting school last month. Now I only go on Fridays. However, going 3x/week keeps me on track much better.

My contract states that I will WI 2-3x/week during weight loss phase and then 1-2 during stabilization and maintenance. Are you sure that you heard them right about once a week? In general most CODs do the 2-3 and then only once on maintenance.

stitchinchick 05-19-2007 01:12 PM

Hi - My COD requires that you meet 2-3 times a week (I go 3x a week b/c it helps keep me on the straight & narrow) during weight loss; 2 x a week during stabilization; and 1 x a week during maintenance. I, too, had to sign a contract to this effect.

curlmama 05-20-2007 01:37 AM

Thanks for the info! My COD said once a week was more than enough, but I really want to loose this weight so I am going to go in 3 times a week. Like so many of you said, I need to get my monies worth!

MM07 05-20-2007 01:56 AM

Mine says I have to go twice a week. But my MIL who goes to the same COD, had to go three times a week.

So this brings to mind a question about that. If our contract states 2x weekly and we only went 1x a week once in a while (this is purely hypothetical I need to go more than this!) does that mean we wouldn't be eligible to get out our money back?