3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Going From Lurker to Looser (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/112783-going-lurker-looser.html)

alantra 05-16-2007 12:27 PM

Going From Lurker to Looser

I have been reading a lot of your posts here and have basically figured things out. I am planning on doing this on my own with doing my WI at my TOPS (Taking off Pounds Sensibly) meetings once a week.

I have searched and searched but cannot find a firm answer though on what colour. I THINK I am Gold, but am not positive... I am 5'5'' and 160 now, my ideal weight is 127. If someone could confirm that I am gold that would be spectacular.

Also, I am not doing lites, so does that move me up or do I get another protien because of it?

I am on some serious information overload right now.

Thanks so much, Lori

Repo girl 05-16-2007 12:38 PM

Hi Lori, welcome! I am still on red with no lites, but some others here are on gold, I believe. Sorry, that was not very helpful.

alantra 05-16-2007 01:51 PM

Thanks Katie... I am sure somone will know :) You guys are so helpful and suportive here.

Lori

momerath 05-16-2007 02:34 PM

I'm pretty sure you'd be on gold WITH lites, but without you'd be on purple.

Mama Nicole 05-16-2007 02:52 PM

Hi Lori...........I am pretty sure Sarah is right......it would be purple w/o lites. It also depends on your lifestyle.......what kind of work you do, how many hours, amount of exercise, yada, yada, yada.......LOL. Welcome to our little group of losers :)

LittleBlueCat 05-16-2007 04:07 PM

Yap, Lori, I'm on Gold With Lites, so without lites, you'll be bumped up to Purple w/out lites :)

slim n trim 05-16-2007 04:42 PM

Can I ask what the difference is between gold and purple. I am on purple - (i think) but maybe I should be on gold.

I am doing this on my own, and I am not using the lites, but I do once a day use a granola bar or slimfast snack bar as an alternative to the lites. ( I have had trouble with the soy bars) I am losing, but it is slow.

I am 150 lbs want to lose another 10. I am quite active, golf 2 - 3 times a week, and I walk walk walk.....

does anyone think that I should be bumped down to gold. I have read about so many that went from purple to gold and then quite losing, I am a little leary about that.

appreciate any info....

Kimphin 05-16-2007 04:49 PM

Karen - at those stats, I'd say you would be gold w/lites, or purple without. There really isn't a plan for doing lites sporadically. It seems like you are on the right plan, but the granola bar you are having is not OP. You are getting close to goal, so you would normally be slowing down on losses - so I say you are doing good!

PS - you said the magic words..... I LOVE golf.

bizlawchik 05-16-2007 04:50 PM

I think you should both be on purple. Just my $0.02. :)

slim n trim 05-16-2007 05:35 PM

thanks for the info..... and the reassurance. I was hoping that I wasn't doing things wrong all this time.

yea, the granola bar - I know its not on plan, but I have to have something to keep me going while on the golf course. Those days I usually have a piece of fruit as I run out the door, and then the granola bar after 9 - then I can make it to lunch. I love golf as well. play at least twice a week, but sometimes 3 or 4 times.

Anyway, thanks again

alantra 05-16-2007 06:09 PM

I work 8-5 as a receptionist and am fairly inactive. I have 1.5 hour Yoga class on Monday's and am trying to get walking in daily.

It seems like the consensus is Purple... woohoo.. I have a plan!!

SoulBliss 05-16-2007 06:13 PM

Just a question from someone not on LAWL but curious...if you don't go to the centers, how do you know what plan to eat and what is on plan? I am curious about it as it seems to help a lot of people lose :)