Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Getting incredibly frustrated already....

Here I sit...growing more and more irritated. I have been on LAWL for almost 2 weeks now, perfect on plan ALWAYS....and I am still at the same weight I started from. I lost a couple pounds right after TO, but have gained it back since then and am still sitting at 157....

What the heck???
ambrosiapixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Who can tell? There are a million reasons..

Our bodies adjust differently.. Maybe the way you're doing your menu isn't what your body needs to get going.. Could also be that you're on the wrong plan.. Give it a bit more time, but ask your COD to re-run your information and see if you need to start out with something different...

And make sure you really are POP... I went through a bout early on where I realized I wasn't actually eating everything I needed to be eating and thus my body was going into starvation mode.. It's very hard to wrap our minds around the fact that we have to eat more to lose more... Make sure you're getting every portion right, and try not to get routine in what and when you eat...

Stick it out.. It'll work... My wife is the queen of plateaus.. If she can do it, so can you!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/204/168

Height: 5 ft 8 "

I thnik Dan is right sometimes it tempting not to eat everything on the plan but it crucial to stop starvation mode by eating everything. Are you drinking enough water too??
sar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Are you getting in all your water? that is a big one too. you need to drink half you weight in Oz. so for 157 you need to be drinking 78 oz. a day or 9.75 8oz glasses. and I agree with Dan, you might be on the wrong plan. which plan on you on now?
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

What color plan are you on? And can you post the last three days of your menus? We can all try to help but we need more info.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #6  

They have me on the blue plan, as I work 12-14 hours per day. I drink between 80-100 oz of water per day. Here is my menu for the past 2 days

Day 1

Breakfast-
LowFat Yogurt
Apple
Turkey Burger Patty

Snack-
LA Lite
Plum
Rice Cake

Lunch-
Spinach Salad no dressing
1 serving brown rice

Snack-
LA lite
Apple
carrot sticks

Dinner-
Tilapia
Broccoli
Wheat Toast
peanuts

Day 2

Breakfast
Strawberries
Light Waffle

Snack
LA Lite
peanuts
plum

Lunch
Grilled Chicken
Squash
Toast

Snack
LA Lite
apple
rice cake

Dinner
Salmon
green beans
carrots
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  

Your menu looks good. I have some comments on how to improve, but I don't know if it is responsible for your stall or not.

You are missing some exchanges. The first day you are either missing 1/2 or 1 protein (not sure what the serving sizes were. Is the turkey burger 1/2 or 1?). The second day you are missing either 1/2 or 1 protein and your dairy. Try to make sure you are getting everything in every day. And make sure you are measuring your exchanges. 10 unsalted peanuts, 5oz salmon, etc.

Are you active during your work or do you sit? Do you have any medical conditions?

Maybe you could switch from two lites (bars) per day to one bar and one liquid lite (shake, cocoa, etc.)

I know the suggestions seem pretty lame, but if you have measured out everything and are POP, I'm grasping at straws myself. If you don't lose anything this week, you may need to be moved to gold. Or ask the COD manager to really read through your diary to make suggestions/changes.

I know it's frustrating, but don't give up. You just need some tweaking to figure out what's right for you.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #8  

Not missing a protein, its just that one of my two protein dishes is actually a serving and a half.

As far as the dairy on day two, I just failed to put down my string cheese....it was eaten....trust me, I am almost always hungry.

I'm pretty stationary at my job, and I told them that when they switched me from Gold to Blue on my 3rd day. I didn't want the switch.......
Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #9  

Hhhmmmm... maybe ask them if you can try gold? Like I said, I'm grasping at straws because when someone normally says they're stalled when new on the plan, once they go back and really look they usually find they didn't count things right. Or they've been put on the wrong plan.

I would ask to speak with the COD manager and have her really look at your diary and make suggestions about which plan, etc. Also, when I need to speak with the COD manager, usually I will call first and make an appt. so I make sure she is there. Sorry it's so frustrating right now.