Purple Plan

• Hi everyone,

I went for my first appointment today and I lost 3.4 pounds and I have been put on the Purple Plan. I hope that's a good thing. I start eating tomorrow.

How many different plans are there?

Hello to all my purple buddies!
  • Welcome Sherry, and congrats on your first sclae victory WTG!!!
  • WTG Sherry...3.4lbs is AWESOME! I am on purple w/lites.
  • Way to go Sherry! I lost about 15 pounds in teh beginning on Purple! Go get 'em!
  • Thanks guys!

I chose menu plan # 1 for breakfast this morning and was surprisingly comfortable after eating. It didn't look like very much food so I was a little worried, but hey I'm doing okay!
  • welcome sherry! congrats on the loss!
    i just recently switched from red to purple. i've been on purple before, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. i just kinda miss my 1/2 protein in the mornings.
  • Welcome Sherry! I'm on purple with lites too... I found that going from 2 and a half proteins to just 2 was quite an adjustment, but I'm coping..

What was worse was losing the extra starch I enjoyed with the Red plan...
  • I had a hard time with the starch too. Before I new what kind of bread I could have or if I could even have any we bought freihofer's split top wheat bread for the house. Well a 1/2 slice = 1 starch because it's not lite bread. So I get to have my other half later in the day. I'm fine for now but will definately be getting lite bread soon.
  • How many different plans are there and why do you change from one plan to another?
  • I'm not sure exactly how many plans there are, and some of them have different "stages" depending on if you're part of a corporate or a franchise store.. There's red, purple, blue, gold and a couple others I think...

Plans change when you reach certain weight goals or go through a change in schedule and/or lifestyle.. If you start working out hard core, they put you on a plan that helps adjust for the muscle mass you're going to put on.. Stuff like that...
  • Hi, Sherry!

Congratulations on your loss! I am on purple with Lites as well - and I have found it very easy to get all of my foods in (my dh is on red & he sometimes struggles with so much food) and enjoy them all. Good luck!
  • Sherry,
    This was posted by Ann back in April...

This is LA's recomendations:

Menu Plan Worksheet
    Use this worksheet to figure out which plan to follow.
    Take your present weight deduct your ideal weight, and you will have the amount you need to lose. Example: present weight = 200,
    deduct your ideal which is 130, and you have 70 pounds to lose.
    Work out on the chart below which category you fall into, then take your take your ideal weight plus the amount you need to lose, and
    you will see which plan to start with. Remember that once you start seeing that you are hitting a plateau, move up to the next plan.
    Healthy Females 18 – 65 years
    old
    Ideal weight + 10 = Green
    Ideal weight + 50 = Gold
    Ideal weight + 40 = Purple
    Ideal weight + 50 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Healthy Males 18 years old and
    older
    Ideal weight + 80 = Purple
    Ideal weight + 70 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Do not drop below Purple plan
    Cardiac: Male & Female
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Ideal weight + 150 = Red
    Do not drop below Red Plan
    Insulin Diabetic: Male & Female
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Ideal weight + 150 = Red
    Activity greater than 5 hours a
    week: Male & Female
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Ideal weight + 150 = Red
    Shift Worker: Male & Female
    Ideal weight + 100 = Blue
    Ideal weight + 50 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Do not drop below Blue Plan
    Oral & food controlled Diabetic:
    Male & Female
    Ideal weight + 50 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Breast Feeding Mothers
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Ideal weight + 150 = Red
    Senior Female
    Ideal weight + 50 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Senior Male
    Ideal weight + 80 = Purple
    Ideal weight + 70 = Red
    Ideal weight + 100 = Red
    Do not drop below Purple Plan
    Teenagers: Male & Female
    Ideal weight+100 = Orange
    Ideal weight+150 = Orange
    Do not drop below Orange Plan
  • Cool. I guess I don't have to worry about a plan change because I'm just a walker. I can't imagine working out any harder than that. I usually walk 1 to 2 miles 3 to 4 times a week. Eventually I will get up to 3 miles but that's quite a ways off.
  • Thanks Tina. I wondered how it was all figured out.