Old 05-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222.2/222.2/127

Height: 5' 4"

Default I joined!

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I talked about me joining LA Weight Loss. He said he would find the money to pay for it if I was ready to lose the weight. So yesterday we went to talk with LA and I ended up joining. There was a lot of sticker shock and I almost didn't do it, but my husband said don't worry about the money just decide if I'm ready to lose the weight or not, if I am then join. So I did it . . . I joined! I got to say I'm seriously nervous about it. It's more about the money than the diet, maybe I'm afraid of succeeding, I don't know.

Any how I joined and I'm starting this morning. I'm looking over the 2 Day Fast Forward Plan and I'm not sure what to eat for breakfast. I'm not really an egg person and I can't imagine eating chicken or veggies for breakfast. Any suggestions? What is Egg Beaters? I like a hard boiled egg, but I can't imagine one egg filling me up. I suppose I could do the egg thing for 2 days. Someone please tell me though after the two days what other things can I eat for breakfast?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely,

Sherry
Sherry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on joining! I felt the same way about the money, but it has been SO worth it!

When I was on FF, my breakfasts were miserable. I'm a VERY picky eater and I hate eggs, so I pretty much had salads and slices of turkey deli meat. Not very breakfasty and very hard to keep up, but it's only two days! You can do it!

After the two days, you'll be able to eat anything you want from the plan. If they haven't already, they'll give you your colour coded menu plan, which will tell you how many of each food type (starch, protein, dairy, fat, fruit and veggie) you can have per day, and will list all of the measurements of foods and what they count as. Then it's up to you to decide how to plan your menu for the day.

My favourite breakfast is a slice of low fat toast with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter, and then whatever kind of fruit I'm craving that morning. It counts as a starch, a half-protein and a fruit on my plan. You can have yogurt, milk, half-bagels, LA Lites, shakes, smoothies, some healthy cereals, and even some not-so-healthy cereals on occasion (that's on the CarbCravers program, which they'll tell you about at sometime I'm sure. Like Cookie Monster says, "It's a sometimes food.")

So congrats again, and if you have any other questions, ask away. The people here are a fun and informative bunch. Welcome, and good luck reaching your goals! I know you'll do wonderfully!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #3  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Welcome to the group!!! This board is full of support, advice and tons of laughs. You should give yourself a big pat on the back for taking the first step.

As for breakfast....I am not sure about FF BUT I am on the Purple Plan and 3 eggs = 1 protein. Egg Beaters you can find in the egg section of the grocery store. They are a heathier version....more like egg whites. I buy them all the time and add a little reduced fat cheese and sauteed veggies for an omlet...VERY filling. I don't think cheese is on FF but veggies and an omlet may just do the trick. When I do take off (similar to FF) I will eat an LA Lite bar for breakfast.

I hope this helps...but stay tuned ...the others will pipe in!

Debbie
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #4  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

congrats on making the decision to join. Its a big step, but the health benefits are so worth it.

My favorite breakfast is a silohette yogurt 1/2 dairy, and a piece of fruit.
Sometimes I will do a smoothie instead - like 1/2 banana, some oj, yogurt, and crushed ice and mix in the blender. that would count as 1/2 dairy and 2 fruits. Very yummy, and very filling.

Good Luck to you, I am sure you will do great. This board has tons of info, and this is a great group. I am fairly new to the board also, but I have learned lots from reading thru the posts - and every once in a while I jump in and offer my two cents worth.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/165/130

Height: 5''

Welcome Sherry, hope you enjoy the program.
Phoebe6422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

As for breakfasts, I vary mine depending on the day. For me personally leaving for work at the early (at least that's what I've been told, I personally like having no one on the road) hour of 0500, I like breakfasts that are quick and portable. I'm on Red, which means I get 2 1/2 proteins a day, but most days I'm not ready for protein that early.

Some ideas I do are:
  • 1 oz R/F Cheese, melted on 6 triscuits (depending on the day a Starch, than either 1/2 P or 1/2 D)
  • Special K waffle w/ Peanut Butter (S and 1/2 P)
  • English Muffin w/ Cream Cheese (S, Fat)
  • Left over shredded chikcen with a few saltines (1/2 P, S)
  • A Veggie Burger or Veggie Chicken Nuggets (1/2 P)

I usually eat an apple or some grapes and hour or so later. I've found the best thing to do is 7-8 mini meals throughout the day. I'll eat something light at 5ish, then have the fruit around 6:30. After a while you get to know what works best for breakfast.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #7  
Danette lawl march 20/07

When I joined I was a not a breakfat eater so breakfast was easy for me on fast forward I just ate some carrots. To tell you the truth those 2 days were easy for me I lost 3 pounds with it but I know I didn't eat enough I don't know if this helped you but just ry to eat as much as you can in those 2 days because it's the last chance to eat all kinds of protein depending on the plan they put you on.....oh by the way you might get a headache from drinking the juice but this goes away...I think it's the bodys way of telling you it's missing the sugars and starches
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #8  
Danette lawl march 20/07

oh I forgot
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222.2/222.2/127

Height: 5' 4"

Well I made it through Day #1. It wasn't so bad. I think what helped is I was fairly busy today so it went by fast. I did have a mild headache; thank God for Tylenol! Any way, I walked 2 miles, drank 70 oz of water, 32 oz of Fast Forward, and ate a whole lot of chicken. I really didn't have anything in the house appropriate to eat today so I made due with chicken. One day of chicken was enough to make me go to the grocery store! I got my green veggies, lemons, a lamb chop, lite cream cheese, and some cherry berry herbal tea (Which I hope I can have tomorrow, if not then the next day; it's caffiene free).

I can't wait to get up tomorrow and start the day off right! I hard boiled a couple of eggs for the morning (those I like) and I have my food planned for the day. I also have my first appointment at LA to talk about the food I will be able to eat while in the weight loss phase of the program.

Day #1 complete and looking forward to Day #2!

Thank you for everyone's responses. It's very helpful to have people to talk to about all of this. The Soprano's are calling my name so I will talk to everyone tomorrow.

Good Night!
Sherry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome Sherry!!!

Get ready for a complete lifestyle change.. One of the biggest hurdles is wrapping your mind around the fact that you HAVE to eat to lose weight with this plan..

As for breakfast, I used to be a BIG BIG BIG breakfast eater.. My usual was a bacon breakfast burrito and some crackers, along with a soda..

Now my usual is a "Lite and Fit Smoothie" and some kind of fruit..

I've really found that not only my appitite but also my stomach space has really shrunk.. I don't think I could eat what I used to eat, even if I wanted too.. On the rare occassions that I've strayed from the plan, I've ended up with a big tummy ache.

Part of the success is buy-in from your hubby.. He's going to have to get used to not having the bags of chips and other bad food around the house so that you won't be tempted.. Even if he doesn't need to lose weight, he'll find himself eating better and feeling SO much more healthy because of your new lifestyle...

One final word.. When you find yourself tempted to cheat, especially early on, keep your eyes on the prize and remember the cost of the plan and your hubby's willingness to do this for you... I find that focusing on the price of the plan has helped me stay focused when nothing else did..

Good luck and keep posting!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sherry- Fantastic news! I am so glad to hear that you took the plunge! Go ahead and drink that tea. Not a thing wrong with it, plus you will find that if you are hungry or feeling munchy, a hot cup of tea really helps. Filling your tummy with something warm takes away the hunger. Sounds like you did great your first day!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #12  
Courtney

S/C/G: 179.8/176.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sherry! I just joined this group, and I have only done LAWL for one week. I got sticker shock too, that's why I went home and thought about it for a week. But then I thought about people spending $25/mo gym membership (and that's on the cheap side and equals about $288/yr), people who buy $1300 Bow Flex or a $800 treadmill that sits in their spare room or basement and gathers dust (my sister's bow flex has become a drying rack for hang to dry clothes). At least with LAWL, you have accountability. I know when I get on that scale every week, I want to see it go down and I don't want a lecture from my counselor. So I have to be accountable. In my mind, you made a good decision and so did I.

Good luck!
Courtney
hu11aba1oo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #13  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Sherry and Courtney
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #14  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Welcome Sherry and Courtney as well!
I added up what I used to spend on junk food, take out, the extra I had to pay for Plus Sized clothes and it was nothing compared to this plan. WW was going to be about a $40 difference for me and having done it in the past I did okay but didn't lose what I wanted and then put some back on. The weighing in really kept me in check as I know 3 times a week I'm accountable to myself for any bad choices I may have made.
I have to admit having to replace my entire wardrobe has put a dent in the piggy bank but now almost 70lbs lighter it was more than worth every penny. I also did the Lites so I will be getting half my money back which was a great incentive as well.
Let us know when/if you have any questions and I'm sure you'll both do a great job!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention..

Watch your salt intake!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote