Old 05-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I have a question. For my range (over 200 lbs right now) my box of Meal on-the Go bars, says I should have one MotG, 1 meal combination, 1 sensible meal, 5 fruits or veggies, and 4 snacks. Can the fruits/veggies be incorporated into the snacks, or are the snacks in addition to the fruit/veg requirements? I've just been incorporating the fruits/veggies into the snacks.

Thanks!
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

I use slimfast along with calorie counting. Works for me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #18  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

Whittlin: Thanks for the encouragement!! It feels great to be 28 lbs down now!!! But at this rate I wont' have any clothes left to fit me soon!! Then agian, it could be nice buying a whole new wardrobe. My sister is not doing so well, she's gained back some weight, and she's not too happy about it. She's been avoiding this site, but I've been trying to encourage her to start slim fast again...so hopefully she does and gets back on track!!
akacutie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #19  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, luvmyfam. I think you are right - as I understand it a fruit is one of the options for our snacks, not a separate thing. But the way the box says it, that does seem like a puzzle. Of course, lots of fresh veggies are so light on the calories, etc., that it's probably cool to have extras of them anyway. When I doubt myself about what I should be eating I glance back at the visual day-at-a-glance for my weight http://www.slim-fast.com/plan/fav_foods.asp and usually I can figure out how I want to handle the day. I am so totally a visual learner I sort of need to SEE it.

I wanted to tell bargoo the can of cappuchino SF I blended with a half banana yesterday morning was delish. I was about to run out of milk and said to myself it was the perfect time to try it. I definitely want to keep those on hand. I didn't taste the can at all, either! (ducking and running from SF can fans! )

Helpful switch-up for me lately - I've been saving one SlimFast shake for evening snack, about an hour before I go to bed. I had been searching for an evening snack that was satisfying but didn't ruin my day. Usually if I'd had 2 shakes, they were at breakfast and lunch. One day when I'd substituted a BIG salad for lunch, I decided to place a second shake at evening snack, and it totally squashed my munchies and let me go to bed feeling very satisfied. (Evenings are my tough time)

I am just teetering on another pound loss! Thought it might be today. Maybe if I hold my breath or stand on one foot... ...

Poor akacutie2006, having to go shopping! (smile)
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #20  

Just wanted to check in.....

I weighed this morning and have lost 5 pounds! I'm sure a lot of that was water and some of it was lost easily because I gained it so quickly, but still--5pounds is great for me!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #21  

whittlin glad you enjoyed the cappucino banana blend.I have one banana so will use it again in the AM.Makes it seem like a milkshake, I am going to try it with vanilla or chocolate next.

iI

i
Old 05-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #22  
Whittlin

5 pounds - Woo Hoo 4myself!

I stood on one foot and held my breath, but scale says maybe tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #23  

whitlin, don't forget to spit out your chewing gum, and remember to exhale and if you wear contacts take tem out.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #24  
Whittlin

Hey, there's a half-pound loss! The ticker here won't acknowledge half-pounds, but the graph at the SlimFast site does, so I got that affirmation today!

I guess maybe it's true what they say about milk before bedtime because having my slimfast shake as an hour-before-bed snack seems to be helping me sleep well? Does that make any sense?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #25  

I spent 4 days in Branson (MO) with Mom, so I've not lost any weight since my last check-in. Back on track this week and week-end, though, so hopefully I'll have some positive results next week!

(Current weight 278)
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #26  
faylene

good afternoon everyone
im going to try slimfast after hearing that it ranked 2 or 3 with consumer digest i cant remember which at the moment im 5ft and wi at 200 and ive tried just about everything i thought slimfast was just a gimmick until the report came out so i want to give it a try! my dh is a truck driver and i go with him alot in the summer we have a fridge and a micro in the truck so i can keep shakes in the truck while going down the road so im excited and hope to get to know you all
faylene
any suggestion for daily meals would really be a help
mamma04930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #27  

Well, I lied!

I was back on track through the week last week, but my DH and I took an unexpected, unplanned trip over the long week-end. The result? I ate out almost every meal (and loved every bit of it!) and gained a pound!

Really and truly back on track this time!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #28  

I was having trouble sleeping and tried having Slimfast in the evening after dinner instead of at noon. Slept like a rock. I believe I was hungry! I have been doing this for several days. I am not eating more, just eating at different times.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #29  

Bargoo--

I can't sleep if I'm hungry, either! I think it's great that you found a solution that works for you and is sensible!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #30  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello All,

So glad to find a Slim-Fast support! I've been on the plan since May 23/07 and so far I'm down about 7lbs. I did Slim-Fast back in 2001 and it was quite a bit more restrictive than it is now, but in 4 months I lost 40 lbs. I kept the weight off until about 2005 and then started eating fast food and junk too much and back came the weight. Darn!
So I'm back at it and am enjoying it very much. I use the slimfast.com website daily and log my water intake, my calories, all food/drink consumption as well as my daily activity/exercise. I love that you can use it to log everything and look back at a 7 day average of nutritional info to see where you need to make changes, etc.
If you use the website try the dinner recipes, the pasta w/ peanut sauce and the bbq chicken with veggies is amazing. So far I haven't found a single thing that I didn't like. I'm currently doing the following:
Breakfast: Shake (sometimes with fruit that I log, sometimes without)
Snack 1: I used whatever is in my daily meal plan, but I sometimes substitute with an exchange on the site
Lunch: Meal bar or shake & light food (it's on the site)
Snack 2: Same as snack 1
Dinner: I have used one of their recipes every day and so far love them all!
Snack 3: Same as snack 1
I make sure to drink at LEAST 2 Litres of water a day plus sometimes some calorie wise drinks (diet soda/sugar free kool-aid/crystal light)
I'm making every effort to get at least 30 min of activity every day.
I hope everyone is using the slimfast.com page as there is lots of useful stuff there and again the recipes are outstanding!
Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote