3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   2nd day on TO-questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/111491-2nd-day-questions.html)

Phoebe6422 05-02-2007 10:00 AM

2nd day on TO-questions

Hey everyone, I have a question did anyone experiences bad headaches doing the TO, I started yesterday and when I went to bed had a horrible headache and woke up with it this morning. Just wondering if this is common.
Also I weigh in today at 4:45 wish me luck.

Kimphin 05-02-2007 10:02 AM

I would say that yes, it is normal - it is the sugar, carb, and caffeine withdrawal. Don't worry - it does go away.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

bizlawchik 05-02-2007 03:18 PM

Good luck at WI today! And if it's any consolation, I had a headache for about 7-9 days when I started (I forget now, but it was at least a week) due to the caffeine withdrawal. It does go away and it will get better!

fan4u2 05-02-2007 07:09 PM

I also had headaches...more when I was drinking the juice and a few days later but no headaches anymore for me...but I haven't done the juice again.
Don't worry it's normal!!!!!!!!!

marzbe 05-02-2007 07:18 PM

I was bad for about 4 weeks with the caffiene and sugar withdrawl. It just showed me how bad my eating habits were before I started program. Your body adjusts--eventually. :devil:

It's just a matter of sticking with it you'll see results. :hug:

Phoebe6422 05-03-2007 12:35 PM

Thanks everyone, I am actually feeling alot better today the migrane is gone:). Had my 1st weight in yesterday and I lost 4lbs. Wanted to celebrate by going to Applesbees for a triple brownie melt down, but I drove past it like a good girl:angel:

bizlawchik 05-03-2007 01:52 PM

Phoebe - One of the guys in my class (culinary school) works as a line cook at Applebees. Believe me, you don't want anything there.

Disclaimer - Not that it's bad, but it's just that they prep and re-heat a lot of things in ways that I'd rather not have done. For example, if you order pasta, it's pre-cooked and put into a baggie. When you order it they add oil to it (YES, OIL) and microwave it to heat it up. Tell me why they can't keep a pot of hot water on the stove and dunk the individual portion in the water in a basket for 90 seconds like a normal place? Who wants oiled/microwaved food? Sorry, I digress. Just save your splurge for a place where it is made by a real chef with love, not a chain where it was made in Kansas (or wherever), frozen for three months and shipped.

Kimphin 05-03-2007 02:47 PM

Ewwww on Applebees. DH works for our county and one of his friends is a health inspector - he lets us know where NOT to eat..... yuk.

Phoebe6422 05-03-2007 03:10 PM

Yea that doesn't sound very appealing anymore. Thanks for info:(