Serving size: 1 Burrito
Counts as:1 Protein,1 Starch,1 Vegetable,1/2 Dairy
· 1 Tbsp (15ml) diced green pepper
· 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped green onion
· 1/2 or 3/4 cup (125 or 200ml) egg substitute, size according to plan
· 1/4 tsp (1ml) lite salt
· 1 Tbsp (15ml) diced tomato
· 1/2 whole wheat tortilla
· 1oz (28g) reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
· 1 Tbsp (15ml) fat-free sour cream
· nonfat cooking spray
1 Coat medium skillet with nonfat cooking spray. Heat over high heat.
2 Add pepper and onion to skillet. Sauté 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
3 Pour egg substitute into skillet, distributing evenly. Sprinkle with lite salt.
4 Once eggs are cooked through, turn down heat; add tomatoes, cook 1 minute until tomatoes are warm.
5 Place egg in middle of tortilla; top with cheese.
6 Roll up tortilla into a burrito.
7 Top with fat-free sour cream.
Barb on LAWL