Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #16  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristenpag View Post
Thanks Dan,
I did finish out the day strong, but saw a pound gain this morning. Guess I cant just eat what I want and it wont matter. That mindset is so dangerous!! Really makes me think that the little "nibbles" here and there really do make a difference!

You're right Kristen.. The nibbles and bites here and there eventually do add up.. But the one thing to remember is that the 1 lb. gain you saw this morning is more than likely caused by the actual physical food you still have in your body.. It usually takes a couple of days for the damage we do to show up as an actual weight gain as our body processes the fats, starches and proteins. Same thing with a weight loss... It takes a day or so for us to see if a TO has been successful...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 147.5/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Yeh, I know what you mean though. I just hate seeing the scale go UP not DOWN!!! I guess I shouldnt be stepping on the scale every day anyways, it becomes an obsession. I remember when I first started the program 5 years ago, and in the first week I lost 5 lbs, then just kept going down 2 lbs per week. Not so far this time. Oh well!!!
Kristenpag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #18  
Amy

Welcome! I too am doing this on my own! Let's stick together and do this! All it takes is will power!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #19  

Sounds good! Dont let the sweets take over!
Yum...chocolate
Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #20  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Welcome! I too am doing this on my own! Let's stick together and do this! All it takes is will power!

Hi Jersey...
I also am starting up again on my own. I can't go back to the center, as I have not been in for almost a yr and I quit for a while...all that money... but I am starting now on the purple plan, right where I left off! Good luck to you! At least we have this place, so we are not totally at it alone!
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Lysa and Courtney! Good to see some new faces!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #22  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to all the newbies. There is a wealth of information on this site, and many pro-LAWLers here. You have come to the right place
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #23  
Amy

Talk about a chocolate weakness?? My honey works for Hersheys chocolate. He brings me cases of chocolate. Well, not anymore. It's a constant battle!!! Hang in there all!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #24  

WOW!!! I feel so sorry for you (and a lot jealous). Avoiding chocolate is tough, which is why Im glad I have my Pria bars, but they still dont substitute and handful of peanut M&M's (or six handfuls) LOL!