Old 04-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #31  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

So, wait - I'm supposed to put the ENTIRE half of the lemon in the water - not just squeeze in the juice?? On the cayenne, can you taste it? I'm not a big one for spicy foods, so if you can't taste it, I'll add it; but if I'm going to have smoke coming out of my ears, then perhaps not...
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #32  

Height: 5ft 4in

Sorry, I have one more question. How often do you drink this and how exactly do you know if you are retaining water. Is that the bloated, crampy feeling I have been having?

Thanks!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #33  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi ADAEM . . .

Now, I realize that it can be different for different people, but for me . . . the first signs of water retention are . . . swollen ankles and swollen fingers together with a completely inexplicable weight gain of 2 or 3 pounds over night.

Once again, for me, the symptoms you describe usually mean a little 'irregularity' problem . . . which can often be resolved with increased fibre and water intake. It can also cause a weight gain, of course, but I don't think of that as being quite so 'inexplicable'.

Sorry but I don't know how many times a day, people are drinking the hot lemon water . . . a couple of posts seemed to be giving me the impression it was just once or twice . . . kind of 'as needed'.

Hope you have a great evening, Chickie . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #34  
Fresh Start

Height: 5'7"

Yes it does work.....saturday I was up 2.2 because of H2O retention (TOM). I drank the hot water and lemon sunday evening (around 7 or so)....needless to say I was up 3 times that night peeing and the scale was down yesterday 3 lbs....Yeah me!
bcandace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #35  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Ahhh...I miss the days of 3 down...I seem to have settled into a very steady 2 - 2 1/2 pounds down a WEEK...But slow & steady works too, I guess!
Congratulations on your weight loss!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #36  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Can I get away with adding a packet of splenda?
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I do Vic, dont see what it can hurt :-)
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryblu View Post
It seems that most agree lemon juice is a mild, natural and safe diuretic. In Fat Flush, which is a stringent, two-week detox, you drink a lot of unsweetened cranberry juice diluted in water, and the juice of half a lemon in one cup of hot water......
Fat Flush isn't a 2-week detox. It starts with a 2-week detox

The hot water with lemon has the purpose to help you "go" - it's the "rinse" after the "scrub" your GI tract gets from the fiber drink first thinkg on awakening. Lemon is a liver tonic, it helps emulsify fats. Warm drinks stimulate perilstasis, the movements in your GI tract that actuall result in bowel movements.

Hot lemon water is a good drink in the morning, but I can't say much about cold lemon water TBH
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #39  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMomEB View Post
Fat Flush isn't a 2-week detox. It starts with a 2-week detox

The hot water with lemon has the purpose to help you "go" - it's the "rinse" after the "scrub" your GI tract gets from the fiber drink first thinkg on awakening. Lemon is a liver tonic, it helps emulsify fats. Warm drinks stimulate perilstasis, the movements in your GI tract that actuall result in bowel movements.

Hot lemon water is a good drink in the morning, but I can't say much about cold lemon water TBH

OK what's Fat Flush? Sorry, I don't know about all this stuff. Is that something you can do in conjunction with the diet or something entirely different?
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Shannon - No! Fat flush is a different program altogether.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #41  
Fresh Start

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I think I am addicted to the hot lemon and water. If I find myself getting into bed to go to sleep and haven't had any that day I get back up. Is this normal :-)
bcandace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

how long does it take for the HLW to take effect. I mean...... if you know you are weighing in on Tuesday morning and you need to flush the extra bloaty-ness.... (yes that is a technical term...........) when is the optimal time to drink the HLW? the night before or hours before on the morning of? and do you get better results out of it if you drink it on a regular baisis, say once or twice a day, or just when you need that extra oomph....
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote