Old 04-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default greek food HELP!!!!!

Going to a fancy smancy greek restaurant,my book or threads arent helping me pick something to eat I am a little stressed about this considering I am up 2.5 pounds at this weeks weigh in.HELP!!!..
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hmmm, I have never been to a Greek place. I have no idea, but good luck, and have fun!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

This is doable. Greek appetizers are usually pretty healthy, lemon egg soup or roasted eggplant dip are all possibles in moderation. Greek salads with feta are OK and you might consider chicken gyros (the lamb and chicken are lower in fat). Steer clear of the macaroni and beef dish...I can't remember the exact name. If this is really fancy, you may also have a fish option. The desserts...well....they are generally low fat but high sugar, typically with nuts and honey.

Greek food is my absolute favorite and we ate it a lot when we lived near Chicago. Unfortunately, Washington doesn't have any really good places, but sushi is good so make the best of what you get. Good luck. Hope you have a good time.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #4  

Thanks, I ended up having egplant side salad and chicken souflaki ,I didnt eat potatoe even though they are fabulous done greek style. Thank you for the help.The zambooka and wine is where the calories came in but I didnt have dessert .What the **** I gained weight eating POP this week anyway so I might as well start fresh on the wagon on monday.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Awesome... I was going to suggest chicken souflaki... Yeah, it's a shame about the greek potatoes.. If they're the same as they are here at our fancy schmancy place, they're drenched in olive oil and rosemary... Oh MAN are they good...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  

Default potatoes

Yes they are the same here,I got to smell them.........I think that is my triumph of the week.thanks Dan
Old 04-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I'm glad it went well and you definitely have more will power than I do to avoid the potatoes and dessert! (HAHAH)

It's at times like this when I realize that being across country from really good Greek food is the only thing that can save me!

Kylie.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote