Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #16  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

A few years ago I used 3fc and lost about 35 lbs...we'll...it worked for awhile and well...i got comfortable and gained it back...so...i am looking for another way to lose it and keep it off...I am using slim fast Milk Chocolate...breakfast and lunch and then a small dinner...and fruit or something for a snack in between. I also drink water all day long...i have a bottle on me at all times. Last time I weighed was on April 2. I am in the process of buying a new scale.

my dh and I are considering getting pregnant...I have talk to my dr and he said that I should be fine as long as i'm taking my prenatals before i get pregnant. Which I have been doing since i was about 21...
Amby876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 148/147/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I just bought some slimfast and plan to start. I am a terrible junk food eater so will need lots of support.

Last edited by SpiritLed1; 04-14-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
SpiritLed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 148/147/125

Height: 5'4"

Just had a slimfast and banana for breakfast. Heading off to church in a while so I know I won't cheat before lunch! I love the chocolate shake one that I can mix with Lactaid milk. Which flavor is your favorite?
SpiritLed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #19  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

SpiritLed1: I love the Royle Chocolate mix best, mixed with a bannana and ice. It's sooo good.

How's everyone been doing?? I've noticed that our Slim Fast group has really dwindled down since March. I hope everyone is still sticking to the plan and losing weight!!

Well I've been doing good, I am down a total of 18 lbs now. I have also started exercising now. I just bought the biggest loser 2 work out DVD off of Ebay, I can't wait to get it in the mail this week. I loved the first Biggest loser work out, so I hope this one is as good.
akacutie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #20  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

I am definitely still enjoying my SlimFast shakes and still feeling good about it. I had several things hit at once - some family sickness and stress, time of month, super busyness. So April has not been a good month for losing. But that's okay - I still see my trend is positive and I'm in control.

Welcome, SpiritLed. Sometimes I have nothing but water before church because we have early service and also they have a little buffet of breakfast/brunch-y things like fruit. And usually my family can barely be on time as it is! But I would probably be better off to have a shake. Not good to miss breakfast!

Welcome Amby. Best wishes to you in whatever you and your husband decide. Good job hanging on to the water bottle.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #21  

hi~! mind if I join? I need help to stay focused on my weightloss >-<;; I feel that maybe posting will help me to stay accountable for my actions

Just start the plan today~ so far so good~! I've had a lot of fruit and veggies for snacks.. my poor tummy is probally in shock from all this nutrition xD hehe~

hope all is going good for you!

cheers!

bekko
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 PM   #22  
Whittlin

Welcome, bekko. Your tummy is bound to be pleased.

Hope everyone is doing well, sticking with their plans.

Boy, shakes made with 1/2 cup of ice blended are really nice lately as the temperature warms! I can only think that I'll appreciate them more and more as summer moves in.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 199/184/135

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to join the discussion and post/share every now and then if you don't mind.

I've done Slim Fast off and on over the last year or two, but not on a consistent basis. I went to slimfast.com and took a good look at the Slim Fast Optima Plan and if you do the plan as directed, it really does work. If you're considering SF, but are hesitant because you think it's just 2 shakes and a small dinner, it's not that old diet anymore. For my weight, I eat 6 times a day including 3 meals and 3 snacks. The "hunger control" shakes really do what they say and so far I've been very happy with the plan (5 lbs. in 11 days).

I've always been a Weight Watchers girl since I was a teenager, but for me it's just not working anymore. On the Flex plan, I became obsessed with counting points and on the Core plan, I had so little energy that I could barely function. I truly believe I'm under-nourished when I do WW or similar plans. I have so much more energy on SF because the shakes are nutritionally balanced.

Whittlin - Thanks for posting in "March Slimfast-ers" about the article on Consumer Reports finding that Slim Fast is the second most effective commercial weight loss plan behind Weight Watchers. I was pleasantly surprised with this information.

Good luck to all of you and will talk soon.
Lime Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #24  
Whittlin

Thanks for the good report, Lime Tree. 5 pounds in your first 11 days is great. Yep, I was impressed that Consumer Reports did such an indepth study - I like to refer to it because many people really have preconceptions about SlimFast.

This is something new that came to my email (I guess because I use the SlimFast site for tracking exercise) and I thought some of us here might be interested - "Easy to Digest SlimFast Now Available" http://www.slim-fast.com/easytodigest/index.asp?bhcp=1
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #25  

Hi!
I"m new here. Just decided that when my 12's are getting tight it's time for a change. I actually gained ALOT of this weight in the past 6-9 mos.
So.... I decided to look into Medifast and from that decided to try Slimfast FIRST- may as well try to cut the financial aspect.

I am basically on the Medifast schedule of eatting.
I have gone kinda hardcore.
I have 2 shakes a day w/ 2% milk.
3 w/o
and up to 2 cups of veggies (fresh)- w/ a few sprays of 1cal. per spray lowfat vingrette dressing.
I'm watching for the Ketosis everyone talks about...but being day 3 havn't seen any sign of it yet...okay I DID lose ONE lb.
I am going to the Y this evening to try to kick it in gear. LOW gear that is-I don't want to push my body into Starvation Mode or anything but also want to continue to build muscle while I lose the fat.
Any advice would much be appreciated...
and I'm really glad to be here!
Oh yeah... I'm a 176 lb. , 5 4' - 37 yr old mama
chubbybutt is offline   Reply With Quote