Old 04-01-2007, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Question Help putting togehter a healthy eating plan

Once I figure out for sure how many cals I should be eating...Right now I am going with 1400-1700. WIll try to stay around 1500 and see how that goes.
Anyway..I am trying to cut back on sugar and sodium..ANd processed foods.
What I dont know is how to know how much of what to eat..Like how much protein do I need....Carbs? etc...
How do I put my meal plan together? Any help? THanks
Amy
silverose1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Amy. I really like the food lists at Body for Life. If you've got time, have a look at those ... come back and tell me what you think. I'll keep an eye on this thread and we'll see how far we can fiddle. OK?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #3  

I really like the food mover. It is an exchange-type plan. This page has all info.
JoannaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

You will very easily get as many different answers to the "how many grams of carbs and protein do I need?" question as there are days in a year. It all depends on your personal goals. If you're doing strength training, you'll need more protein than someone who is only doing cardio. If you're running, you'll probably need more carbs. If you're not exercising much, then it's whatever makes you FEEL best--whatever works for you. Many of us eat higher protein simply because protein takes longer than carbs or fat to breakdown in the body, so you aren't hungry again as soon afterwards. Some people also eat fewer carbs due to blood sugar/insulin resistance issues. You just have to play with it and see what combination makes you feel best
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'4"

What is teh body for life website? I will check out their food list.
As far as exercise I do strength and cardio...
I always thought I knew how to eat healthy til I started researching fitness more...
silverose1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

http://www.bodyforlife.com/

Jilly is right! There is sooo much info out there it'll make your head spin. What I like about Body for Life is that it simple, plain foods. You can go into a grocery store and buy three of this and four of that. It's easy!

Keep at it ... we're right here for you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote