Does anyone hate chicken

• What do you do if you hate chicken. My daughter is a vegetarian. So for a couple months I kind of stopped preparing and eating meat. Now Im following this plan and its a little touch. I really cant stomach all of this protein.
  • There are a couple of vegetarians on here that hopefully will chime in soon for ya. But I know that you can use vegetarian proteins on the plan, and there should be some listed in your plan book. A lot of the folks on here use veggie burgers and peanut butter as their protein.
  • Do you think i can go back and forth from the veg plan to the regular one. I know they used to tell me no, but I never understood that.
  • I don't see why you can't incorporate elements of both veggie and carni-proteins from our normal menu books.. That way, your chicken intake is kept to a minimum... Do you eat eggs?

Try it and see what happens..
  • I use more of the vegetarian options than I do meat. I do like fish so have that as it is much lighter. I use soy milk almost every day with fruit to make a smoothie, peanut butter or cheese at lunch or a veggie burger and then have shrimp or fish more often than not. There are some full vegetarians that do the plan incredibly well.
  • I go back and forth all the time. I eat veggie burgers, red meat, pork, chicken, fish, shrimp, etc. and it hasn't affected my loss rate. I eat the veggie burgers and other veggie products a lot, but since I have to cook for the family, I add in the other stuff too. You should be fine.
  • Thanks so much everyone. I am so tired of seeing chicken, but I was under ussumption that I coulnt venture over to the vegetarian protients. I love fish, but Im not very good at cooking it. But at least I know I can have other options.
  • Kayla - I have two very easy and very tasty recipes I posted in the recipe thread. Try the Tilapia w/Horseradish and Parmesan, and the Broiled Fish, Shrimp or Scallops w/Lemon Butter.

Also, Dan and some of the others are fans of the Tilapia Italiano.
  • There are a bunch of good fish recipies around here and other places..

To tell the truth, I HATE HATE HATE fish... But I've learned to cook it in ways that are at least palatable.

There's a recipe in the forum here for Orange Roughy Italiano.. It's really pretty tasty.. Also, if you're cooking salmon, wrap it in foil with just a spritz of cooking spray and topped with lemon slices or juice, a pinch of lite salt and pepper (and in my case, chipotle chile powder [salt free, of course]) and bake it.. It cooks fast and there's little mess.. In reality, that kind of cooking works for just about any fish..
  • I go back and forth between the vegetarian and regular proteins quite a bit. Adds variety and isn't that what they always stress at the COD?

I use SlimDowns and Egg Sub a lot for my proteins. They are lighter than beef and pork too.
  • I keep about veggie 60% o the time. The list that I tend to follow is as follows:
    1. Morning Star Farm Nuggets and Patties, with sliced veggies on the side
    2. Soy Beans, Soy Beans, Soy Beans, the options are endless
    3. Ricotta Cheese with Berries
    4. Ricotta Cheese with sauteed veggies--it's like ravioli without the pasta
    5. Nuts,
    6. Peanut Butter, I personally get it fresh ground
    7. Egg Beaters and Egg Whites

Also, there are tons of ways to make chicken.
  • i do the plan vegetarian and i eat lots of egg beaters, veggie crumbles, veggie burgers (there are so many different varieties!), peanut butter, cottage cheese, etc. as proteins.
  • Jillian,

Maybe the two of us should start a sticky of the vegetarian options.

It's not a true Vegetarian thread until the two of us post our musings.
  • megan,
    sounds good!