Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #1  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Default NSV - share please!

I walked into the kitchen here at work today to put my lunch in the fridge. As I was walking out, I noticed some leftover food on the counter from this morning - it was a YOOGE spread of bagels and cream cheese. Oh, how I looooove nice (large) bagel, slathered with full-fat cream cheese (and maybe even some regular jam on top).

I kept moving and walked right outta there. Just now, when I got my lunch there were still two bagels left and I walked past them again.

What we have here is a Non Scale Victory, people!

Please share your latest or most memorable NSV.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

For me it's fitting into old clothes or running into people I haven't seen in a while and see them have that shocked look on their face..

Ironically, I saw a guy today that I haven't seen for the better part of a year.. I expected him to say something, but he didn't.. So of course, I was very disappointed. Damn him!!

He's a pretty reserved person, so he probably just didn't want to mention it as by doing so would be the same thing as saying "Hey.. you used to be really fat and now you're not.."
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #3  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Way to go, Jenn!

I had an NSV this morning. I am comfortably wearing a skirt that was way too tight in January.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #4  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I've had a few this week that have been payback for resisting many many many temptations.. I picked up ODD from school today and her teacher said.. wow Kristen your face!! What have you been doing.
I also went shopping and bought a size 9 skirt.. I have NEVER worn a size 9 in my life.. used to be in a size 22 so I did a bit of a dance around the store.. in a most subtle way of course!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #5  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

WOW...lots of NSVs today.

Jenn...Way to go on the Bagel Pass. Being a captive audience in an office can be murder. (And by the way...how adorable is Micki?)

Dann...the guy was clearly jealous!

Paula...as I was in the closet getting changed out of my work clothes I saw a whole bunch of old ghosts that are way to small for the likes of me at this time. There is nothing more fun than being able to fit into old stuff again. Nice!

Kristen...you are my official inspiration today. From 22 to 9 in incredible. Your numbers speak for themselves. You must feel awesome.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #6  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

I didnt buy the Edys Light the other day, even though I KNOW I can use it for a starch, Ive kept to unprocessed foods which I like better anyway I also had a great plain salad at McDonalds while my kids grabbed a quick dinner on the way to sports!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/150/150

Height: 5'4"

You all are doing so great. Sometimes it embrasses me when people tell me how great I look, Cuz It embrasses me how bad I had let myself go. Then I went to the dr. for some female problems and he didn't even say a thing about my 50# weight lose.
christabell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #8  

What a great thread!!

I have two NSVs.

One is walking daily. It's only about a 40 minute walk, but my blood pressure is way down and I know it has to do with the walking. I'm almost, not quite, to the point where I miss it if I don't go.

The other is shopping. I'm on Spring Break this week and I've been holding off on shopping until now. I've been wearing the same 4 or 5 outfits in different combinations for the past few months. I fully expected to need a size 10 and found that I'm in an 8. I was a 16 when I started about 8 months ago.

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #9  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

I got one...last weekend I pulled out some of the size 12 pants that I bought last summer when I was at my skinniest. They fit now, and I don't weight the 165 yet that I was when I bought those pants. I can't imagine what its going to be like when I get there. I was in a size 20 when I started LAWL for the first time last January and I was back in a size 16 when I started again this January.
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #10  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

mine was last night.. all the females in our family get together at my mom's house every six weeks or so and our hair dresser comes over to do our hair. well, they decided they wanted to order pizza. it smelled sooooo gooood!! but i sat there quietly and ate my tomato and cucumber salad, yogurt and plum and drank my water. yay me!!
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #11  

That's really great Michelle and really hard. Aren't you just so proud of yourself!!

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #12  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
mine was last night.. all the females in our family get together at my mom's house every six weeks or so and our hair dresser comes over to do our hair. well, they decided they wanted to order pizza. it smelled sooooo gooood!! but i sat there quietly and ate my tomato and cucumber salad, yogurt and plum and drank my water. yay me!!
Michelle,

You are my idol...pizza is my downfall. I would have had to pass on the good hair in light of not being able to pass it up! Way to go.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh.. Totally forgot this one until now.. A while back, my mom and her husband agreed to watch our dogs while Liz and I went away for the weekend.

So I happened to drop the dogs off while they were out, so I let the dogs into the back yard to do some business. While they did that, I went into the kitchen and instead of routing around in their pantry (because they always have good snacky things), I grabbed a pear out of a bowl on the counter. I ate the pear and let the dogs in, and then went home.

While we were gone that weekend, we called to check in on the kids (the human ones and the dogs). My mom mentioned that our little dog, Rocky, had been a bit mischevious. When asked what he had done, she said he ate a pear that had been left on the counter.. At first I laughed but then asked her how she knew.. She said that she had had 4 pears, but when she and Paul returned from the store on the day I dropped them off, there were only 3left. I just about split a gut and told her that it had been me, not the dog.

She said (and here's the NSV part) that it had never occurred to her that I might have eaten the pear, as getting me to eat fruit in the past was like pulling teeth..

Sorry that took so long to get to the point...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #14  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Dan - That is a fabulous story! How funny that your mom would assume it was the dog, not you, who ate her pear! Love it.

As for passing up on pizza - you are my new hero, Michelle.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #15  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Wow Dan-you must've been a real fruit-o-phobe if your Mom really thought it was more likely for the dog to get on the counter and eat a single pear than for you to have eaten it! Great story!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote