3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New & Cheap! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/107725-new-cheap.html)

Minnesota Teacher 03-20-2007 09:47 PM

New & Cheap!

Hi All!

I have been *lurking* here for awhile. I am a newlywed--- and am on a VERY tight budget-- so actually joining LAWL is not possible right now. A friend shared his red plan with lites with me... my question is....is this the right plan for me? You can see my stats below. I do work out 4-7 hours a week.

Thanks so much! I look forward to learning & losing with you all!:dizzy:

One more ?- I have seen that you can sub Luna & Pria bars for LA Lites-- how about Fiber One bars?:?: :?:

mamabanana 03-20-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota Teacher (Post 1619543)
Hi All!

I have been *lurking* here for awhile. I am a newlywed--- and am on a VERY tight budget-- so actually joining LAWL is not possible right now. A friend shared his red plan with lites with me... my question is....is this the right plan for me? You can see my stats below. I do work out 4-7 hours a week.

Thanks so much! I look forward to learning & losing with you all!:dizzy:

One more ?- I have seen that you can sub Luna & Pria bars for LA Lites-- how about Fiber One bars?:?: :?:

The Fiber One Bars fall short in the protein department, but I have used them in a pinch....welcome aboard!

JLem311 03-20-2007 11:03 PM

i love the luna bars. i never used them the last 2 times i did the plan, but i'm so happy i do now. they are so much better ingredient-wise. i love 'em.

bizlawchik 03-21-2007 08:11 AM

Welcome! At your weight I would think you would be on purple, which is 1/2 less protein and 1 less starch. The cut-off for adding another program for exercise is 5 hours/week consistently. If you are hitting that, then red is right for you. If not, then you should be on purple. You can spend a week or two trying each program and seeing what your losses are and how your energy and appetite levels are to see what's the best program for you.

We did have one girl who exercised around what you did and instead of increasing her food intake she added a protein shake an hour before her workouts. That way she didn't have to worry about committing to the 5hr/week.

You can also use Kashi Crunchy bars and the new Special K protein meal bars (not snack bars) are pretty comparable too.

Mama Nicole 03-21-2007 05:48 PM

Cassi..........I could just kiss you.........I am going to try the special K bars and see if maybe I can tolerate them..........and then maybe I will be a bit more successful :) XOXO

Repo girl 03-21-2007 07:56 PM

Welcome!!!

Minnesota Teacher 03-21-2007 08:45 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes & the tips!:)

One more ?- is the purple plan described by bizlaschick still have the 2 LA Lites?

Repo girl 03-21-2007 11:38 PM

Yes!