Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #136  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I've been busy with work and running around and not visiting here as often as I'd like....and it has a direct reflection on my eating this weekend. Oh well...it's a new day, a new week.

Dear Katie - thanks for sharing the news about your father. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. What others have said is so true: they have made amazing progress in cancer treatments and need to have a positive attitude and be there to help your dad as much as you can. My BIL fought prostate cancer and was in remission for many years. I hope the same for your dad.

Kristen....I cannot believe your scale numbers. You have done an amazing job. Hubby must be so proud. I am, however, sorry to hear that the bug is moving around your house. I think you need to run for cover, but I guess moms cannot do that. I liked your LAWL definition for Jason.

Sorry I'm not catching up with all my personals. It was nice to see a quick post from Juliemarie, Allanah, Ulanda, Britt (hi...welcome back!!), and many others. Weekends are a bit quieter around here. I only had to read through a couple pages of stuff.

Take care ....... chat later....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #137  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2girls View Post
Don't have time for personals, but just wanted to pop in to say, "I hate you, Jason!!" LOL...........
DITTO!!! LOL
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #138  

Height: 5'2"

Just popping in real quick again. It's been a pretty decent weekend, BUT I had pizza twice. I hardly ever have CC's, and this weekend I had, too. I just feal cruddy because I still have a lot of congestion left over from my bad cold last week. I needed some comfort food, I guess. However, I DID pass up birthday cake last night at my in-law's. Was good and had one of my bars instead. Although, I'm not sure how good I really was because my MIL did not prepare a very LAWL friendly meal. We had some kind of yummy chicken casserole with cheese, onions, celery, cream of "something" soup, cream cheese, and ritz crackers on top. At least she had salad, so I was able to get my veggies in. Anyway, YDD is waking from her nap. Gotta go!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi all! Seven pages of posts to catch up on, so sorry if I’m late of stuff.

Stephanie – Great loss so far. Glad you’re enjoying the program. If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the exercise right now. Just take this time to get used to the program and work it into your life. Once you have that pretty much down, then you can worry about adding exercise when you can. Baby steps are what will make this last. As for WI, I still go 3x/week. My contract says 2x/week, but my COD said they prefer 3. It works for me, having the extra accountability. I was told that I can split the proteins as long as they are the same protein. So sometimes I have an egg and cheese bagel for breakfast, and then egg salad made from two eggs for lunch. But most of the time I don’t split them anyway.

Joni – Hope you had a good time at the concert. DH and I went a few years ago to see Billy Joel and Elton John as our Valentine treat to each other. We had floor seats and it turned out we were right next to the sound board so the view was great!

Deb – WTG on the loss! And the eggs are beautiful.

Libby – It’s a tough change from red to purple, but you should get used to it in a week or so. I looked at everyone’s menus they posted for ideas when they switched me. Just try moving exchanges around until you find what works for you.

Lori – I know what you mean about the storm thing. I’m a big hurricane tracker. I hate the loss of electricity and fences and screens, which luckily has been our only damage, but I love storms. There’s this stillness in the air, and at the same time, this air of anticipation before a hurricane that is just incredible.

Barb – WOW! The snow looks beautiful. And your bouquet is pretty too.

Wendy – WTG on your loss. You’re doing fantastic!

Britt – So good to see you again! I’m adding a rf string cheese to my slim fast optima.

Angie – Hope those rude PMs stop. I hope whoever is doing it isn’t a regular poster in our community. And Katie’s right. Forward them to Aphil immediately.

Katie – I am so sorry to hear about your father. You’re family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherry – Glad you’re feeling better.

Michael – WTG on meeting your St. Patty’s day goal. I like Thai food too, but I have stayed away because I think I may head for the pad thai myself. Is it as high in sodium as Chinese? Any suggestions on what I should order if I go? When we get Chinese I stick w/steamed shrimp and veggies w/the brown sauce on the side.

Kristen – WTG on your loss. You’re getting really close!

DS is waking up from his late nap so I gotta run. Sorry I didn’t catch up with everyone!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #140  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Hello everyone,

I was almost POP today. Better than I have been lately so I'll take it. I have tomorrow all planned out and recorded in my planner so I have no excuses. Lunch for work is even all packed up and ready to go. I realized that when I first started this is what I did every night and then with the two moves and all the changes in the last 2 months I lost my habits I had formed. So, I sat down today and started to bring them back again. I can't plan way ahead because by the time the day comes I don't want what I had planned for several days earlier! But I was sitting down each evening and planning the next day and preparing anything I could that night to make the next morning easier for me. So, I am doing that again.

I have two nights each week right now where I am not home for supper as I go see my furkid on tuesdays and thursdays but I figure I can make extra on mondays and wednesdays and take my supper with me on those days I am not home. We have fridges at work I can keep it in through the day so it doesn't take up room in my lunch bag. The key here is preparation. It worked before, it will again.

I also went through my kitchen today and chucked out everything "bad" I have let myself get the last few weeks. Right now I can't control it so I am not having it. As I move on I will incorporate more in but for right now it is back to basics.

I even made som SF jello to have for a snack tonight and tomorrow at work.

Well, that's about it for me...This time next week I will be down instead of up!!! I go get weighed tomorrow at COD and I know it will be a gain but I am prepared for it. I screwed up and now I have to face the result!!! But I can fix what is broken!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #141  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Evening Everyone!!

thought I would drop by really quick before i go make dinner. Have a ton of things to do tonight tomorrow starts my new placement for student teaching and it is also my final placement!!! I have been POP so far today and looks like it will end well! I checked on the scale this morning and i was down 1/2 lb which has been around the normal for my TO's lately. They just do not seem to be doing me much good. Anyway starting this week I will be doing my WI's on TU/TH in the late afternoon/evening and then on Saturday morning. Im worried that the liklyhood of a gain on my evening WI's is going to bring down my confidence. Hopefully the saturday am WI will be great but I was wondering if any of you have this problem where you WI at different times like this. Do you have advice for me? Back in Jan when i started doing this again that was the problem for me I lost on takeoff I think 1 lb and then right after TO i started to gain even thought I was being POP and they couldnt give me any advice or answers at the COD. I got really upset about it that weekend and stopped the program again. I do not want this to happen again. Any suggestions would be great!

glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Katie thanks for the info about the sale at dillards will have to drop by tomorrow after school.

Ok I am off to fix dinner and prepare for tomorrow!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #142  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. back from work. wow, it was a super busy day. i'm exhausted. and i have to open tomorrow, so not much rest for me. but i'm soooo looking forward to our trip this friday. can't wait. although, i wouldn't mind my bday passing by this year without any notice.

so, the girls at work today ordered pizza, and i didn't have any. it was a great big extra large pizza too..from a local pizza place. and i didn't even want any. i knew i was going home to cook a healthy dinner. yay!

going to WI on tueday. that will be the last time for WI til i get back 10 days later. kinda scared that i will gain, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

hope everyone had a great weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #143  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in really quick to say hello. Just got back from grocery shopping and and getting ready to start packing for my NYC trip. Sorry I don't have time for personals, but I haven't even started reading anything since page 5. Hope everyone is having an OP weekend.

I'm down to 125!! Whoo-hoo, 2 more pounds to my goal weight, but I don't think i'll be there by March 8th, but I'm really trying!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #144  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Nicole - I'm not a "myspace" person, but I checked out your site. I sort of had to rush through it but wanted to comment that your wedding picture (with the 3 girls in it) is absolutely gorgeous! How old are your boys? I don't know how you do it.

I went and saw "Because I Said So" with Diane Keaton this afternoon. DH wanted to see Ghost Rider and when we got to the theatre, I said, I really don't want to see this one so he stayed and watched Ghost Rider and I switched over to the chick flick! I loved it. I brought some healthy smart popcorn and my own diet coke and was quite content. Haven't been POP this weekend, but I'm holding my own. I decided I had the virtual LAWL flu that everyone on this site seems to have had this past week. I just didn't feel 100%. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing this week and pick up on my exercising.

Evette, have a great trip to NY and congrats on dropping yet another pound.

I should be doing my taxes, especially since I have a refund coming, but I keep putting it off. I usually do my own taxes, on paper!! because I'm too cheap to pay anyone to do it and don't want to pay the online fees. I did find a reputable place/software online that is free called TaxAct. I just need to do it. Has anyone heard of or used this software/service?

I'll be out all day tomorrow (another road trip with my puppy dog). Gotta get up at 5A so I'm taping Desperate Housewives and hope to watch it tomorrow night while on the treadmill. Hope you all have a great Monday.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #145  
Maintainer

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love that you went shopping for youself. 32's, you go girl!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #146  

Katie - So sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

No time for other personals now, but I hope everyone had a good weekend and stayed OP!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #147  

Evette - WTG!! You are so close. Those last 2 lbs will be gone before you know it!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #148  
Maintainer

Thanks Wendy. I was just telling my husband that I'm gonna change my goal to 118 and he just pinched me SO hard I got a bruise. Guess its his way to tell me that enough is enough. LOL. Take care all!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Evette - You are truely an inspiration in your weight loss! When did you start LAWL? Many, many congrats on your success!

Cassie - thanks for the tips/info, you are right about the baby steps. It's so nice to hear what others are doing!

I made my lunch for tomorrow, Chicken Pad Thai. YUM! I'm surving without the extra 1/2 protein, but man i miss it, LOL! The starch hasn't bothered me to give up at all, kind of funny because I thought that one would be the worst.

Have a POP and great Monday!
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #150  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Kristen - you are soooo close! That so totally rocks, girl!

Quote:
Does anyone know why you shouldn't split your protien? Seems kinda weird to me.
They tell me it's a calorie thing - the only time the COD mentions calories!

Jason - a little binge shakes my WL up too. (As long as it's just a binge and not a reversion to old habits! ) Gals, don't hate him 'cause he's beautiful!

Nance, new clothes are the best! Great job! Katie - I forget all about Dillards - sheesh! I hope they still have a sale when I am in Spokane next weekend. I need some new duds too!

Oh yeah, Lea Ann - thankfully no Rice Krispies coming your way - the girly-bops showed up with pizza, ice cream and root beer. They ate all the pizza, a good portion of the rice krispies, all but half a liter of root beer, and I made them take all their ice cream home with them. DH and DS finished off the rice krispies this morning. Good for me, I only had one square (but I won't say how big it was!)

Evette, you are doing so great. You're going to waste away to nothing if you aren't careful!

Well, better get off here and get to bed....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote