Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default Intuitive Eating #4

For those of us following Intuitive Eating
Eat when your hungry, stop when your satisfied.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

from the previous post.

The spinach collard green thing was a happy accident. Cut up 4 boneless chicken thighs , seasoned and cooking in olive oil, lots of garlic cloves and onions till chicken is almost done. I added the spinach and realized I didn't have enough so I toss in 2 bags of collard greens and cooked all together. Added salt and pepper to taste. Since I am trying to break my habit to beef will probably do another round this weekend.

Spiny....At least you went a head and tried the meal delivery thing and now you know it isn't for you lesson learned.

Do you have anything you eat out of habit? I just naturally seem to gravitate towards beef for some reason. Trying to try more new things so will be picking up some of the substitutes in the organic section this week.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #3  

Bread for me, Obi, especially crisp bread like Wasa. What is it about bread that is so satisfying?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #4  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warms thoughts, Spiny. We're in the middle of a blizzard and oooh it's so freakin' cold here. We cancelled our dinner plans with friends tonight because the roads are so bad. I'm freezing cold and all I want to do is eat. I'm not hungry so I'm going to have some hot tea and see if that helps. I might just crawl under the electric blanket and read.

"Habit" food for me is Kashi Go-Lean Crunch, dry. I try to not eat it every day though because it's become a bit of a trigger food for me. I've discovered I just love crunching. I've realized if I have a day without eating something that crunches I don't feel satisfied. I've been eating a lot of apples and have to get some more crunchy veggies to snack on.

Hope you all are well and warm!
Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #5  

It's bad here in WI, too. I just noticed, Beth, that you are 5'10" so you are pretty close to normal with your weight. I like crunch, too.....Wasa crispbread in particular. I read an article tonight in Woman's Day.......I think it's the April issue but it might be March. It's pretty close to IE but it doesn't call it that. It mentions a book.....can't remember the name just now. It just came today. I'm not much for subscribing to magazines but sometimes when you order from Penny's they give you 3 yearly subscriptions for $5. That's a pretty good deal.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #6  
-

Yeah, Carol, I am pretty close to my goal weight - whatever that is. All the charts say 150 but I have really small bones and a lot of body fat so 150 might not be right for me. I guess I won't know 'til I get there.

I'd be interested to know the name of the book you were referring to. I just bought Tosca Reno's The Eat-Clean Diet. She's a regular contributor or Oxygen magazine. So far I really like it. She seems to be subscribing to the IE idea and eating clean so you feed your body really healthy foods instead of dieting on random stuff. I could be wrong about that though as I'm only just starting it.

Beth
Old 02-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #7  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
I found this thread from Obi's post here...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105399

Anyway, I suppose that what I am doing is intuitive eating, though I haven't labeled it that way. All I can say is, this is the best decision I have made for myself...to stop obsesing about everything and just listen to what I need. It's amazing what our bodies tell us when we are willing to listen! I am sure many of you have found this to be true, but once I stopped counting and agonizing about everything that went into my mouth, the weight came off faster than it ever had before. And more importantly, this is a way of life that I will be able to sustain for the long term!

I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself...I'm interested to hear more about all of you and your experiences with intuitive eating
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Do you have anything you eat out of habit?
Chips and salsa. It has to be really good chips and salsa though. None of the national brands or stuff out of a jar.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg on a mission View Post
Hi everyone!
I found this thread from Obi's post here...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105399

Anyway, I suppose that what I am doing is intuitive eating, though I haven't labeled it that way. All I can say is, this is the best decision I have made for myself...to stop obsesing about everything and just listen to what I need. It's amazing what our bodies tell us when we are willing to listen! I am sure many of you have found this to be true, but once I stopped counting and agonizing about everything that went into my mouth, the weight came off faster than it ever had before. And more importantly, this is a way of life that I will be able to sustain for the long term!

I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself...I'm interested to hear more about all of you and your experiences with intuitive eating
Welcome, Meg!

It's great to have you here with us
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  

Beth, the name of the book is One Hundred Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle. Welcome Meg!!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #11  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time since I posted to this thread and I am sorry for that. I don't know why I am posting this here and not the support thread, but I guess I feel you wonderful people will understand considering you are part of the intutive eating crowd and all.(I am going to pour my heart out here, but a true confession is long over due...)

You see I have spent the past 6 months or so going from diet to diet. Low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb, eat like oprah, eat like her doctors, eat like on south beach, eat atkins..I own every diet book on the market. (no kidding...I do...) and I buy almost everyone that comes out. I will commit to a new plan and then give up on it when my better sense tells me that "I just can't live this way for the rest of my life!" or "what???...no chocolate or pizza or drink olive oil between meals for the REST OF MY LIFE????" I have wasted my whole weekend...a nice weekend at that...surfing around on the net considering the next new diet "thing" that will get me inspired to start over. In the course of all this I weigh more than I ever have, and feel horrible. Horrible about my body, my life. (even though with my problems, like most people have, my life really is good...) Anxiety ridden over my thighs, summer comming up and the fact I have not worn shorts in years. Even though I live in the southern U.S, or gone swimming...I feel like my whole life is wrapped in the next new diet scheme. I am a student and I work, I school has suffered this weekend for surfing the net for diet crap. Meanwhile I see other people talking about the stuff they do for living a life. Friends, movies, art musems, parties, etc. I have none of that. I have literally spent most of my free time, and some time that is not free worrying about dieting.....

I am sooooooooo tired now, my head hurts just thinking about it. My once supportive husband no longer wants to hear about my next new diet. He listens, but then just changes the subject. Doesn't want to hurt me by saying he's tired of it all I guess. I don't want to spend my life in this trap, but I don't want to stay fat either. Where does one go from here? Intutive eating? What is that like? I think I have focused on dieting for so long now that I don't know what it is like to not focus...

Thanks for listening, sorry so long and drawn out. I guess I am just fed up with the whole diet racket and I used to see my dieting as some kind of rebel behavior. (no one around me is on a diet, and they are suffering real health problems because they don't watch what they eat or how much, maybe they all just eat when they are not hungry??? yeah, that was harsh I know, but I am just call it as I see it...) Maybe the most rebelious (sp?) thing I can do is to get off the "diet train" and simply listen to my body.

Once again...thanks for listening...

I
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #12  
-

Hi "I",

I don't know if I can help you much because I've just started IE and am not "good" at it yet. I still struggle with thoughts from my old dieting mentality so I'll just give you the advice I was once given. You have to find a plan that works for you for the long haul not a temporary fix. Check out the "Goal" section of Success Stories and you'll see a lot of people who've made great changes in their lives and have reached their goal wieghts. Check out:

Mrs. Jim - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57320
Glory - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
Charles - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100261
Lillibell - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88690
Meg - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84319

along with all the others they are an inspiration to me. I wish you only the best on this journey and keep coming to 3FC for ideas and help.

Beth
Old 02-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #13  

Well, I can TOTAllY relate to your post. I am a 57 yr. old mom of 10 and have had a chronic disease, sarcoidosis, for most of my adult life. I am now on prednisone and was on it years ago. My dh is wonderful but thinks if I spent my time exercising instead of reading about weight loss I'd lose. I've walked 6 mi. a day for several months to no avail. At least with IE you can have good days when you don't beat yourself up. You just keep listening................and trying to eat when hungry and stop when satisfied.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #14  

Forgot to mention, ckatgo, that I'm amazed how I don't often crave junk anymore. When all foods are equal they lose their power.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #15  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

Hey ckatgo feel free to vent/whine/ and or get on the IE soapbox...we are here to support you. I always feel like the whiny one and if the ladies can put up with me you should have no problems.

Rather than plan anything why not just take it one meal at a time? See how you feel and test the waters.

Well this weekend was interesting. one NSV I can now slip my tight jeans off without un buttoning them. Also someone who has known me for the last 6 or so years said I looked like I had lost weight...and he said it with the yeah maybe i need to get your phone number -Where have you been hiding kinda look LOL

Bad thing everything ended at about 4am, so I spent 30 min driving around Brooklyn looking for food for me and the people in the car and ate a hamburger then had a Mexican something today so bad Obie had beef

Other than that, nothing else going on. Weigh in this week no idea where I'm at...