Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default The "right amount" of h20

Ugh. One doc says 2 lit. another says 3. The phlebotomist said 3 and the water jug said eight SIX ounce glasses. Say what? Then the friend said it depends on activity and weather... and now I'm confused.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I would definitely listen to a doctor before I would listen to a jug label If your phlebotomist is recommending 3 liters a day, there may be a reason, so I would trust his judgement. It certainly won't hurt you at all to be drinking that amount. There isn't really a "right" amount of water--it's whatever works best for you (or whatever your doctor tells you to do ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/137/120

Height: 5'5"

I would listen to your dr, but the amount of liquid you take in during a day in your food. There are foods that naturally have more liquid (fruits and vegetables) and ones that have less (baked goods, etc.).
andreavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 313.2/290.6/160.0

Height: 5'4"

I am a nursing student and we have been told to recommend 2,500-3,000 cc's a day orally. So yes, 3 Liters sounds right... But some of that can come from your food intake as well.. so if you are eating water-rich foods like watermelon or apples, then you can consider that as a portion of your oral intake.. so maybe aim for 2,500 cc's; however, if you are not consuming water rich foods then its best to aim for 3,000 cc's or 3Liters of water a day.
rn4life22 is offline   Reply With Quote