The 5 Factor Diet

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi, I just read this book and was wondering if anyone else has? I really liked the idea behind it and the basic workouts it includes.
    jp
  • Tell us more about it, please.
  • Yep i'd love to know more
  • more on 5 Factor
    The 5 Factor Diet

5 meals a day
    5 ingredients per recipe
    5 minute prep time
    25 min exercise 5 days a week
    1 eat cheat day

The book is written by Harley Pasternak. He was on Oprah and the Today show. He has the recipes and workout in the book. It shows you how to increase your excercise time for advanced. I have been adding in more cardio. The guy is the trainer for some famous people he of course lists. Halle Berry and Eva Mendes are a couple.

His recipes are in there but you can make up your own when you get the hang of it. This has given me energy and made me move. You can have bread! It just seems more doable. It feels a little like circut training.
  • sounds good i'll have to check it out
  • It sounds very reasonable, and it gives you a structure to follow. I've never heard of it, but I'd like to see some of the recipes...maybe I'll see if our library has it.
  • I could not find the book in our library. The recipes are simple but if you want to use 2nd phase South Beach a lot of them fit. The key is having lean protein, a carb, good fat, fiber and a sugar free bev at each of the five meals. He does go through what kind of carbs and grains that are allowed. He does talk about somethings that I thought were a bit out there like having Bison steaks. I mean that is not practical. The bread has sprouted grains and I thought that would be hard to find but I found it at Kroger and love it!! I have not found fourless tortillas yet.
  • It's actually too bad that bison and goat meat are not more commonly available. Both are lower in fat than beef, and similar in taste.
  • Has anyone else looked at this book? I keep wondering if is worth it?

• I should update my goal thing. I have lost 30lbs following it. I eat 5 meals a day. I follow the recipes and now can gage my own. I work out 5 days a week for 25 min a day. I have been adding more cardio on my own just because I find it is helping with stress and gives me more than 25 min away from the grind of having a 4 and 2 year old!
  • Hi Jodi - I just saw the 5 factor diet in the latest womans world magazine . In it they just say whole wheat bread and tortillas - they didn't mention flourless or sprouted.

Still trying to find the book, but do you have any fav recipes or workouts?
    TIA
    mary
  • Hi,
    It does say in the book to use fourless or sprouted bread. I found my book at a local bookstore. I did see it on Amazon.com.

I have a lot of fav things. In the morning I love mixing strawberries with a little splenda. I put them on my sprouted grain toast mixed in with lowfat cottage cheese.

I love skinless ground turkey browned and mixed with spinach, red peppers, low fat feta and red onion. I brown the turkey with steak season and olive oil. Throw in the veggies until tender and then the cheese.
  • thanks Jodi
    Mary
  • I found the book on ebay.... Great price so Im going to get one and check it out.... they have a bunch so anyone else looking for the book might want to check there.... HUGS
  • Quote: I should update my goal thing. I have lost 30lbs following it.
    In what amount of time?