Eggplant Ideas???

• Anybody have any ideas for eggplant? I bought a small one yesterday, not sure knowing what to do with it. My grandma used to dip it into egg, flour and breadcrumbs and fry it, and that's not exactly on plan, so I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks!
  • I like to just brush it with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle some salt (in our case it would be salt substitute) and pepper, and grill it on the bbq, or a grill pan on the stove, or even a george forman grill.... I think it has a great flavor on it's own. It goes well with beef, so sometimes I will grill up a hamburger patty and put the grilled egglplant on top. I don't like complicated recipies, so that's about as creative as I get
    I'll look through some of my cookbooks and see if there is anything good in them... I could use a change in preparation too!
  • There's an OP eggplant parmesan recipe in the cookbook. Let me know if you need me to post. It's pretty good. I also have added some chicken breast to it when I bake it so it's an all-in-one meal.