Old 11-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default Thoughts on the Program

As Lea Ann has said, if there is one downfall to this board, it's the overload of information for those that are new on the plan.

I just wanted to say, that we have all chosen LAWL because we trusted in the program. We have paid a lot of money to our CODs because we trusted in the program. They have a proven system that works, or else so many of us would not have experienced the successes we have.

No, you don't have to do the lites or supplements or extras for the program to work. And the COD knows this. That's why they have programs for people not wanting or unable to do the bars. They have professionals who have worked out the program to allow the extras, like pizza, now and then. Unlike a lot of programs, they are teaching you how to make healthy and balanced choices every day. They have a stabilization and maintenance program that is longer than a lot of other programs because it takes a long time to establish new behaviors as natural. Yes, they want your money, but if they program isn't successful, they are out of business. That's why the maintenance is so long.

I know that a lot of the counselors are new, or haven't done their homework, but it's important to talk to them. If they are truly that bad, speak with the COD manager and/or find another counselor you like and ask to see them. We can help on this board as much as possible, but we haven't been trained. We are just repeating what we have been told.

Bottom line is this... trust the program, don't fight it.

After the intial sales pitch, a lot of us have our guard up and are wary of trusting that we didn't just get ripped off. But you have to let down your guard, listen to the COD, read the materials in your book carefully, and follow it. If you follow the program it will work. You may get stuck, but that's why a relationship with your COD can help. They are there to help you through your journey, and you have paid them a lot of money to do just that. We are all here for you too, but give the program a little faith.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Cassi.....this is good information. This is just what I needed to hear when I started. Maybe this should get moved to the newbies thread. You have explained everything so eloquently. You really should run a center
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #3  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good morning everyone,

Haven't posted in awhile, just didn't have anything to contribute. But I wanted to jump in here and say...well said Cassi!

I have been the chief of complainers about LAWL. But guess what? I've lost 40 lbs since June. Thanks to LAWL. I have about 30 to go to meet goal. I haven't been overly POP lately, but I woke up this morning with a new resolve. I'm thinking I may do TO over the weekend. Have nothing planned, but cleaning up this nasty house. May even dig out my Pilates machine from under the rubble and try that again.

To everyone new, Cassi's right. Its a good plan. I can choose to work it, and when things aren't working, swallow my pride and listen to the counselors. So far its been great for me. Not easy, mind you. It's been one of the hardest things I've done. The counselors at my COD aren't all the brightest bulbs on the tree, but as Cassi pointed out, I've paid a lot of money and they are willing to help.

Ya'll have a great day and stay the course. As Pearl always diligently reminds us, WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Yah! Well said Cassi. It's a great plan and it WORKS.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--well said. I couldn't agree more. It's so easy (and disheartening) to read so much and think to yourself "oh--I wasted my money--I don't need the supplements, or the bars, or the counseling, etc...." I have learned--firsthand and the HARD way--that I, personally, NEED the COD. I like the bars, I like the convenience of the supplements, and I NEED the accountability of going in. I haven't been to the COD in a long time and I am currently not in control of my eating. It was easy on Monday to promise myself I was going on Saturday--today it's not so easy but I am going in the morning to face it. After 10 full months I realize I am not ready to do this on my own and I do need them. I guess I am fortunate in that I do like my center and I do feel (most) of the gals are pretty knowledgeable. I have zero regret for paying the $$$$$ I paid for DH and I to do the program. After reading the other thread--I realized I was to a point where I couldn't afford NOT to do the program. Thanks Cassi--this is an important topic. I know, without a doubt (and years of "personal research"!) I could not have done this without my COD.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Amen, sister!

As with anything - you need to be able to weed out what's right for yourself. There is no magic pill, or one-size fits all cure. It's all about you, and your committment to the plan. At the very least, the counselors are there to record your progress, even if they aren't getting you all the answers right away.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #7  
One pound at a time...

I can't add anything else but WELL SAID CASSI!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #8  

From a newbie....
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Shell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Well said! It is a great plan and IT WORKS great when you say on plan
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #10  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Well said. I joined the COD because I needed the acountability. I was off the program earlier this week, and I knew, if I wanted to see results, and if I stay OP, the scale will move the right way. And it did. This is still the best 24/7 support a person can have.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #11  
LAWL since October, 2006

That is just what I needed to hear. I think maybe (because I haven't told family and friends that I'm doing LAWL, and had no one to bounce my thoughts off of) I just needed to feel validated about the whole sales pitch - and wondering if they are really telling me what's best for me, or trying to get me to buy even more product. I can see here that there are many successes, and I am not the only one to wonder about my choice at first. I now know that LAWL was/is the right choice for me.
Thank you for the reality check and words of wisdom!
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I,too ,know I can not do this myself. Have tried it enough years already. I love the products I buy and I feel the money I have spent helps me stay OP. I certainly do NOT want to throw the money away!!
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #13  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Right at first I had a hard time but I stayed right on the program. As the weight came off it was easier to do. I started to see I couldn't eat as much as I did before.

My clothes started to bag on me. First time I went in a store and found I was 2 sizes smaller I was so excited, I could hardly stand it, what a high I got. After that I would go try clothes on just to get that HIGH again. I would go to expensive stores and try on really fancy clothes. I am now 4 sizes smaller and actually can wear jeans with cute tops instead of my elastic waist polyester pants and big tops. When I feel I want to binge I just think about where I've been and where I am. I'm not saying I'm perfect. I can go and have a slice of Chicago style pizza and a salad and still feel ok about it. As long as I don't eat the whole stinkin thing.

Just keep hanging in there. It's worth it.
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #14  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

I have not been POP,but have lost enough that I can fit into clothes that I had grown out of. It's funny but it just becomes a way of life. I have 2 DS's, ages 11 and 14. We went out for Chinese on Sunday and I tried to carefully pick things that would fit into my plan, but obviously Chinese just doesn't exactly fit. But my 11 year old looked at my plate and said "Mom's cheating today." I just laughed and said yea, I'll have to write this down carefully. But they hear me talk about it so much, that they know what I can and can't have. I don't cook separate meals for them, so they eat what I eat, just more. So hopefully we're all getting healthier.

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Bumping this up.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote