Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

ok this whole carb craver thing makes me very nervous! I would probably eat one and quit my healthy eating plan! jk but i would be afraid of over doing it. Also with the la lites. could totally eat my whole box of la lites in a day. i think i am better off to not eat them! Am i making it bigger than it is. I guess i will try and see. but not for six weeks of course. Due to the challenge!!!
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

I have wondered about this too. Friday night has always been pizza nite for us, and so I've continued it. I have two slices and then I dice up an entire tomato and have that with it. YUM! And about twice a week I do the cereal and milk. So far it's gone well but I'm always a little nervous about it. I asked at my COD and she told me that not to worry about it unless I slow down on the losing.

I've also had some of my bigger drops right after the pizza nights which I still don't get, but I'll take it, LOL! I do make sure I get the 10 glasses of water and extra sometimes on those dayss. I'm more scared of the frozen meals then the Carb Cravers because if the high sodium content.
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

I have cereal and milk every morning...except maybe once where I'll have eggs. Most times with cereal I have two servings and call in one! Oops....

I eat frozen meals (Michelina's, etc.) prob twice a week. I have pizza prob once a week. Of course, I have my Saturday post weigh in chicken wings...only hours away now! lol As long as I lose, I'll have my wings...as I said in another post, my wings are my pat on the back each week...lol.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #19  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

The canuck COD says the carb cravers are okay but should be used no more than once a week. I know in the new book they are taking them out as they found people used them to often.
I've used them for the odd frozen dinner.. a sandwich on REAL bread and of course the pizza too
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #20  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I use the pizza once every other week. On Red, it's 2 slices which means I'm usually under plan for the rest of the day since I'm so full.

I've been in the mood for cereal lately, so decided to start doing it for lunch once a week. I toss in Strawberries and Coconut and get a full meal out of it. I blend the milk with a few strawberries, dice up the rest, and add the coconut to sweeten up the cereal.

As for the PB & J. I do it quite regularly, I toast the whole grain waffle, slice it in half and make it with Peanut Butter and SF Jam! It's a great breakfast!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #21  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Oh, brilliant! I had never thought of using the PB & J CC for breakfast! Mmm.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #22  
Megan

Angie,

It's not even a CC! I count it as one starch, 1/2 a protein, and a condiment! It's one Special K or KAshi go LEan waffle, a tablespoon and a half of Peanut Butter, and a tablespoon of SF jam. I'd rather save the CC for components that aren't fully available on plan!

The whole thing also works quite well with one of the 100 calorie English muffins since they also only count as one starch.

I leave the house at 5:15 every morning, so I need food that can be eaten while I'm driving. Yes, I know you shouldn't eat and drive, but there is a big difference at getting up at 4:30 compared to 4:15!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2"

In the beginning, I didn't even do CC's, but now I usually use it for pizza night on Friday's. Unfortunately, I had 2 CC's this weekend, so hopefully WI won't be too bad for me.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #24  

I was just told today that I'm not allowed to do CCravers until Week 8. I'm technically on week 3, but to COD i'm on week 2 since i took a week off for Vegas. My counselor actually stapled my book together from page 15 to 20!!!!

Unmei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default Ok heres a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
Thanks everyone. Okay, I think I'll try to keep it to twice a week for CC and maybe 1 or 2 frozen entrees.

The frozen stuff I normally eat on the weekends for lunch when DH and DS are eating forbidden food like hotdogs or chef boyardee. *slurp* I particularly like the roasted veggie pizza from Lean Cuisine.

On the frozen food list, it says we can have the Lean Cuisine, roasted veggie pizza. but it does not list the other lean cusine one......... the uh... is it portabella and white sauce. but if you compare the two nutritionally. they are almost identical. in everything, calories, fat g, protien, carbs.. etc. so could we exchange them for one another? I have in the past, but then LAWL didn't work so well for me the first time around. but I think it had more to do with my COD and my own stress level.

the other thing I have thought is strange, it used to be you had to take the Carb Ender pills 20 min before eating a CC meal. Now all of a sudden that magically is not necesary! what is up with that. so I spent what?... $20 a bottle for a magic pill that was no different than eating them without!

But I am glad to have the CC, I like to eat them for breakfast like for cereal. if I know I am going to be in an "all you can eat" situation later in the day. like a potluck, or party or BBQ. that way I can use a P, 2S and 2 or 3 V and not feel at all deprived around everyone else who is just grazing on the table.

I also had CC the day after TO. It was sooo nice after being so restricted to wake up to Pancakes!

when I restarted this week they told me I could use it right away and up to 4 times a week unless my weightloss slows. They also said I could have up to 4 Frozen Meals a week, and I said "one or the other or up to a total of 8 in the week?" and they said up to 8. Which seems like a bit much. I won't do it that much.

Lettie

Last edited by zambejaly5; 03-10-2007 at 04:05 PM.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #26  
Megan

Lettie,

What plan are you on?

I know on Red, I can have 2-3 CC a week, and up to 5 frozen meals. I do take the Carb Enders when I eat the frozen meals. I find they help knock down any water retention issues I have the next morning. And I find I mainly use the CC's for Pizza, Cereals, and Quesadillas. I've developed the attitude that if I can make it fairly easy on plan, I ain't wasting a CC on it.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I am on purple. I agree about not wasting the CC. I follow the Veggie plan too. so if I use one of my Protien for a CC I can easily split the remaining P for the other two meals. good grief 2 cups of beans is one P! that is alot of beans!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #28  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei79 View Post
I was just told today that I'm not allowed to do CCravers until Week 8. I'm technically on week 3, but to COD i'm on week 2 since i took a week off for Vegas. My counselor actually stapled my book together from page 15 to 20!!!!

I am in week 1 of Gold and I was told about CC right away even though I haven't used any yet. I wonder if you have to wait a different amount of time on each plan?
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #29  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default starting back up....

after reaching my goal in 2003, I am back and bigger than ever unfortunately! I found all my menus and do and donts, but can not find my carb craver sheet! A couple I kind of remember but can anyone help me out with some specifics...I'd greatly appreciate it!

(i was on the gold plan..not sure if that matters!)
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Okay, cc? No idea what a carb cravers is. Is a cheat? Or do you count it under your portions?
I started LAWL when they were using numbered plans. I have my book memorized and know there is no carb craver info in my book...
A program overview would be much appreciated...
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote