Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #1  

Default Having a really hard time losing

Hey Everyone!
I have been popped from purple to blue I really don't think they know what to do with me! I have been losing very very slow since day 1; I was on purple; moved to blue due to working long hours (9-10 hr days) now back on purple starting today, they said I work long hours at a desk so they put me back on purple! The consulted one of their dieticians about me and according to the dietician, the exercise is walking and not weight training or aerobic! Hello I'm moving fairly quick here. I get all my food in normally if I have problems it's with my fruit and veggies and now I got the V8 fusion to help. I have been exercising 5 days a week for 45-1 hr - walking 3 miles but they said that doesn't matter. I'm so confused. I have not had good luck with this diet at all; any help would be welcomed. I blamed it on my body having been on so many diets; I had a colonoscopy last week and lost 5 pounds according to my DR scale but according to there's Sat AM only 9 oz! The gastro Dr says to eat high fiber and he did put me on Myralax 2 times a day to help me with the go problem. So I'm gonna try to select the high fiber foods now on his list as well. I really need some help I'm so disgusted and feel like this fat body will never go away! My medical Dr says to keep exercising and eating like I am and it will come; that I'm on a plateau which can actually last a few months but will eventually break thru and that I am healthy. I was shocked at the difference in scales I had jeans on and a sweater at the Dr visit and light weight gym pants and a light t shirt at the LA scale! Thanks for any help!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5

Would you mind posting a sample of exactly what you eat every day? (portion sizes and all)
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #3  

B - 1/2 English raisin muffin w/ FF c cheese, 4 oz lite yogart
S - la lite, strawberries
L - Lean Cuisin off list in book
S - fruit, LA lite
D - grilled boneless ckn breast, 1/2 C green beans or 1 C if I need the veggie
Old 01-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

my mother's on purple so i just had to call her for info lol.

The only thing that really stuck out was the Lean Cusines.. how often are you having them for lunch? and I know you know this but try to get in the fruits and veggies. There's a bunch of recipes that can "kill" more than one in a meal.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Kayla----I will offer words of wisdom and suppport...this is worth it and yes you are getting healthy..aND REMEMBER THE SUPER LEMON WATER..NANCE==
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Kayla - I agree with Nikki - watch the Lean cuisine. LOTS of sodium in them!! Hang in there! It will come off!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #7  

Also, try changing it up.. have a little variety. Yes, it's called LA Weightloss but don't think of it as so much of a diet but a new, healthier lifestyle. One that will benefit you and make you feel so great about yourself and your accomplishments. I agree with Nance, do the lemon water!! It will help. Also, have yourself measured at your next WI. Sometimes we lose inches when the scale does not bulge.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been plateued since the week before x-mas, and no matter what I do I can't just drop! I juiced and actually stayed the same a week later.

I've narrowed my lean cuisines down to at most twice a week, I actually treat them like a carb crave and take the carb crave supplement when I eat one. When I do make them it's typically the pizza which I add more veggies on top. I find it easiest to simply to do veggies and a protein for lunch everyday. For example today it was chicken legs with sliced pepper. The veggies give a crunch, plus I feel I have more afternoon energy. I was working 12 hour days the whole month of December, so I simply got into the habit of cutting the veggies on Sunday afternoon so there is no excuse not to have them prepped for the week.

Granted, I am on red so I get more food than the blue of purple plans. I don't sit still, so I was told moving to a smaller plan will never be an option. Needless to say I'm tempted to get a hold of the blue or purple book and follow the plan one or two days a week to shock my body out of this plateau.

Yes, I lost 4 inches as I plateaued, but you only see the inches once a month. I see the pounds twice a week!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #9  

Everyone thanks so much! I have practically stopped my lean cuisins. I don't think I have any now in the freezer. I need to do the lemon water more often. They are to measure me this week so maybe I will see inches. I do have a hard time with my veggies; part of it is I'm picky. I think I will try to make the soup recipe I found on here to see if I can add that to help me with this area. I have found I am really sodium sensitive after I had to drink all that sodium drink for the procedure, I have been drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. So I'm getting in the water. I'll plan on doing the hot lemon water at least 2 times a day I guess we can do this daily right?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #10  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Sure, do the lemon water as often as you like.

Another idea...Donisha told me that on the weeks she eats fish & spinach together two days a week, she ALWAYS has a loss. I'm trying that theory this week to see if it works for me. Maybe it'll work for you, too?
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #11  

hdsgrl - thanks so much. I'm not big on fish other than shrimp. This is one of my picky areas. Maybe it would work with the boiled shrimp? I love your just keep swimming motto. It reminds me of the Finding Nemo movie! LOL!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #12  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

I think it would work with shrimp...this week I bought some tilapia, some orange roughy, and some shrimp, too. Already had the tilapia, and haven't yet decided if I'll make the 2nd fishy meal be the roughy or the shrimp.

And yeah! The Just keep swimming thing IS from Finding Nemo...I find that when I get down and start to struggle with this plan, if I tell myself to "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." that it gives me the encouragement to keep going! I'll get to goal SOMEDAY!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Speaking of fish and spinach dinners-here's a quickie dinner:

Take a piece of salmon and place it on a huge bed of spinach on a piece of foil. And when I say huge-I mean huge-like 3 servings worth. Then I usually place a couple of tomato slices or pepper slices or whatever else you like on top. then sprinkle low sodium soy sauce or Braggs on top, seal up the foil packet and bake in the oven for about 40ish minutes at about 350ish. I usually check it after 30 minutes to see if the salmon is cooked. It's really yummy-the spinach cooks way down. I can get all my veggies in one easy meal with basically no clean up. Yum.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #14  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - sounds yummy - LOVE the no clean-up part!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #15  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

I did something similar with the tilapia...foil packets, a little ICBINB, various spices, baked for 25 mins at 350. Also delicious!