Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #31  

Default way to go diane!

Diane, that's an incredible weight loss! I have lost 8.6 according to the center, but at home I measure 11 lbs (much better). I was SOOOOOO happy to break the 150 mark today at my weigh-in, especially in jeans.

I didn't tell this before, but actually I am trying to reach 130 at the center (which would be about 126 at home), because I want to quit smoking as soon as I reach my goal, and I am really happy at about 137, so I will have som wiggle room.

So far I'm on plan, but I expect a plateau soon.

Initial weight at LAWL: 156.8
Goal: 130
Current: 148.2
Old 10-27-2001, 09:40 AM   #32  

Diane-

Hang in there! You can go eleven more weeks!!! The people at my center suggested you go 3 times a week, but they never said you had to go in that much in order to get your rebate. I hope that isnt the case or I will be really mad. I should ask I guess.

Bunny-

Congrats on the loss! You will be at goal before you even know it. I dont think I have weighed 130 since jr. high!!

I just had my weigh in and I am down almost 2 lbs from last Saturday. Not too bad for such a hectic week! *pat on the back for me* It is coming off slowly but surely. I made my 25 lb loss milestone and I got to move my star at the center!!! They have stars with our names on them and as we reach milestones we move then down this wall labeled with Giant stars for 10lb, 25lb, etc. I think the next marker is at 40lb. That is where I want to be by Christmas (248lb). I will have to see how it goes. I am going to work hard.

Hope everyone is having a great on plan weekend and drinking lots of water!!!
Old 10-27-2001, 02:46 PM   #33  

Hi Everyone:
Jibbelle that is what the manager said that I had to go in three times a week, I went today just in case let me know what your center says. I like the sound of your star board. Our center just has a board with people weight loss on it and I do not think it is updated regularly. i know my name was never on it and they did not even mention it. Maybe at 50 pounds I will say something.
Congrats on your weight loss for the week it has been awhile for me to have lost 2 pounds in a week. The computer upgrade went O.k.?
Bunny I am going for 135 at the center, I figure at home I will be like 132 or 133. I don't like plateau it seems like I am fighting them a lot lately. I can't wait to break the 150 mark at home I am getting so close, but I am watching the scale to much.
Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck quitting smoking, I never smoked but my mother has she quit last year but this time she made her husband quit with her.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/27/01 153.25
goal 135
christmas wish 15 lbs.
Old 10-27-2001, 04:13 PM   #34  

When I first joined my center they had the stars up but never made me one. This new manager took down all the old ones a couple weeks ago....changed everything a bit...and started over with fresh stuff. The day I got my star I got to put it on the 10 lb wall. It is nice to have a visual record of your progress...and see where everyone else is too.

My mom quit smoking a few years ago as a new years resolution. She smoked from the time she was 18 until her late 40s. She said she feels so much better...especially her skin. And she said she tastes everything better too! Never thought about it, but I guess smoking messes up the taste buds.

I have not backed up all my files yet, so I have not got my upgrade. My boyfriend is waiting on me to get my toosh in gear. I have just been so busy this weekend though!

I am dropping my Christmas wish two lbs so I am at a round number....40 lbs down by Christmas. That way I can move my star again too.

Last edited by Jibbelle; 10-27-2001 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:38 AM   #35  

I just got my computer upgrade and it seems to be working great!!! WOOHOO As fast as lightning too.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:39 PM   #36  

Ack, I have been *horrible* today! Yikes!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:52 AM   #37  

Sorry to hear that bunny. Was it a horrible day for staying on plan or just a horrible day??
Old 10-29-2001, 09:42 AM   #38  

Kind of both. Hmmmm... I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

But I'm back on track today. Yay!
Old 10-29-2001, 09:45 AM   #39  

Hi everyone. I am starting the 3 day protein/ oranges thing on my own. I don't know if I am going to go back. I think now I can try it on my own. I still plan on following the LA diet. I will see if I can do it or not on my own, if not I will go back.

Lorrie
Old 10-29-2001, 11:16 AM   #40  

Good luck Lorrie! If it helps, we can hold you to three weekly weigh-ins online And I've gotten some good advice for moving my foods around for quicker (or at least more reliable) weight loss, which I'd be happy to share.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:08 PM   #41  

Okay, I am interested in how you move the foods around to help and will post my weigh ins here. I am going to reach my goal and I just think instead of all that money to LA, I can do it myself. Well, if not, I will go back.

Lorrie
Old 10-29-2001, 12:09 PM   #42  

Lorrie-

We are still expecting to see at least a weekly weigh-in from you!! I am sure you will do great! We are all here for ya!

Bunny-

One thing my center suggested a long time ago was to eat fruits and starches before 4:00. They are the slowest to digest. That hint helped me when I got stuck on a plateau in the beginning.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:24 PM   #43  

Thanks Jibbelle, I plan on using this board more for help and encouragement. You guys are all a great big help to everyone here because we have a place to go and vent....lol

I am on the 3 day take off and will let you know how I do.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:57 PM   #44  

The board has been a little slow lately....I am hoping it picks up a bit. I really enjoy hearing about everyone's success. We are all doing so great!!!

I usually weigh in on Monday, but I dont think I will have time today. Looks like I will go tomorrow instead. Monday's are always a little rough anyway.....if I cheat it is usually on the weekends!
Old 10-29-2001, 02:59 PM   #45  

Hi Everyone :
Weighed in today up a little bit expected it because I ate out yesterday and the food was salty, felt it in my hands this morning.
Jibbelle I am suprised that it is slow around hear, isn't the time when everyone starts worrying about the holidays to lose weight before it comes. I bought the take-off juice today I wil probably use it at the end of the week.
Lorrie good luck doing it on your own, my sister did it she actually started in August when I showed her the diet. She has lost almost forty pounds she loses weight quicker than I do, I keep telling her to slow down I do not know what to do if she reaches her goal her goal first.
Bunny I find it hard myself lately some of my old habits are bugging me lately having a hard time keeping in control. I find I have to take it one day at a time.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/29/01 153.5
goal 135
Christmas goal 15 Pounds
Closed Thread