Old 01-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

I'm on the red plan. I told them I wasn't doing lites...when she explained the servings to me...you know, 4 veg, 4 fruit, etc......told me to simply ignore the 2 servings of lite bars each day. I'm heading for a weigh in tomorrow, so I'll ask about it then...thanks!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #32  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm so excited, I just won an auction on ebay...here's what I got for $68 (shipping included!)

* 2 boxes of Cherry Chocolate (14 bars) Expire on 3/21/07
* 1 box of Smores + 5 bonus bars (12 bars) Expire on 6/2/07
* 3 boxes Carmel (21 bars) Expire on 5/24/07
* 3 boxes of Vanilla Slim Down Shakes (12 shakes) Could not find an expiration date on any of the shakes.
* 1 box of Strawberry Shakes (4 shakes)

The bars alone would have cost me $120 here...yay!!

There are more great deals there. Jason, I saw a post there you might be interested in... $78 currently for 10 boxes, from Nova Scotia, so shipping might be less.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
Jason, I saw a post there you might be interested in... $78 currently for 10 boxes, from Nova Scotia, so shipping might be less.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014
Thanks for keeping me in mind...I think I might try out a box tomorrow...well not the whole box...and see if I like them and how they work for me before I decide on purchasing a larger quantity like that.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #34  

I have another question about the lites My friend that is going with me to the COD we only like the carmel bar it's the one that tastes like the snicker bar, anyway they keep telling us we need to alternate bars because this bar may be interfearing with our WL! can you believe it. I don't care for any of the other ones. Has anyone else heard of this? Can the lites make you not lsoe like you should?
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #35  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

that sounds fishy to me--why should it matter if you eat the same bar--they are probably trying to get people to eat the ones no one likes--since the caramel ones sound so popular--wish we had the "snicker" one--yum.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #36  

I bought a box of lites today...haven't tried them yet. Turns out I'm on the Red "1" plan...I can have only 1 per day. They are quite expensive...$23 for 7 bars!! Can't I simply look at the label/nutritional info and go to Costco or GNC and buy something 1/3 the price with similar values?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #37  
on LAWL

Yes--long ago someone (maybe Aphil--sorry) did a LOT of the legwork for us. Luna's and Kashi go Lean Krunchys are two comparable bars that I use. I'm sure there are others.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Luna's and Kashi go Lean Krunchys are two comparable bars that I use.
Everything I read says that Luna's are for women...is that just a marketing tactic?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #39  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

It is marketed towards women I think b/c of the vitamins and minerals in there are good for women. The calcium and folic acid. That is what I think at least.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #40  
Barb on LAWL

kayla: I dont think that is true b/c when they tried to sell me the bars I told them that I only really liked the Lemon ones and she is like that is ok you can use those only. I didnt do it but I doubt that having one flavor will really hinder any WL you would have
Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #41  
on LAWL

hadn't thought about that--can't imagine that it would matter--try them and let us know if you grow breast or something--lol
Old 01-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #42  

Here's a link to the bars I used to take before starting with lawl. If you click on "view nutritional label" under the product, you can see that the info is similar to the la lite bars. The Bioprotein bar is almost twice the size as an la lite, so couldn't i just eat half a bioprotein bar instead of an la lite? I don't know if there's a "special" ingredient in an la lite bar, but as far as I can tell they are very similar. The big difference is that 7 la lite bars are $23 Canadian and 12 Bioprotein bars are around $15 canadian at Costco...if you half them that's 24 servings for $15! Instead of paying $3.28 per serving, you'd pay 63 cents per serving. I know they're not identical, but if they're close enough, can't i use these? Sorry for beating a dead horse here...I'm just looking for a more affordable way to conquer my cravings...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
let us know if you grow breast or something--lol
What do you mean by "or something"? My whole reason for joining lawl is to make sure I don't get breasts! lol There's a technical term for "man boobs"...I'll refrain from using it here...lol...
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #44  
Barb on LAWL

Jason: I personally would try the bars you were talking about. Eat half for 1 lite. See if it hinders your weight loss. I understand what you are saying about the cravings. Is it chocolate you crave? Or sweets in general. I have been having SF jello with FF cool whip which counts for 2 condiments and it helps with the sweet cravings. If it is chocolate that you crave then I would try the bars. You know Luna bars are not that bad and you wont grow man boobs from them so I would give them a shot if it is the chocolate you crave.

Personally the bars are to expensive for me. I mean I already paid them alot of $ and I spend more at the grocery store now so I cant afford them (besides I like only 1 kind)...
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #45  

Thanks everyone! I thought that too why would 1 cause a problem over another. Any way they switched me back to purple due to working long hours.
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote