Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 04-07-2006, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

Default I am so frustrated!

UGH, I feel like there is no hope for me and I have absolutely no retraints!!! UGH! I am so upset with myself on how I have done this week!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/235/150

I understand, when you are stressing...it is hard to stay focused! You have been going through alot lately...don't beat yourself up...it will come...take it one meal at a time...YOU CAN DO THIS...you have proved it in the past!

Hugs!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #3  

Default Hang in there, Laurie!

We are all here for you the way you are always here for everyone else. Most of us are in that position with food that for whatever reason, we sometimes seem to let it control us instead of the other way around. I had such a strong craving in the grocery store yesterday for something salty, I went and bought a can of mixed nuts - you know, they are supposed to be healthy for you! I nibbled on the way home from the store - luckily DH will probably eat the rest of the can before I am tempted again. Remember that any changes we make towards becoming more healthy will pay off in the end - it is about a lifestyle change, not a short term change. Wishing a good day for everyone!
Marsha
Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  
Lifetime Loser

Thumbs up

DO NOT GIVE UP LAURIE...............WE WILL HAVE TO USE THE WHIP!!

I've had a terrible week too for the challenge start I am still up 3 lbs. This week has not gone as planned in any area, I have not got to work out because I haven't been home and we are eating out almost everynight again.

Life goes in cycles and I believe if we just put out the effort to do our best, like eating every 3 hrs. or just drinking the water that week and coming here and posting it will be easier to jump back in and get rolling again.

Gather up your willpower, set your goal and let's get back to some weight loss together.

Are you doing the Core plan at WW, I hear it is strict but works quickly. I may try it after vacation.

Phyllis
Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #5  

It's all right Laurie. You've just hit a bump in the road. Now, just get back on the wagon and take it one day at a time. It's important to forgive yourself for not doing as good as you wanted to. You can do this! You know you can!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

Default Oh I feel your pain

But don't give up, Anything worth having is not easy!! Ain't that the truth! I'm sending GOOD VIBES to you to bring your spirits up! Today is a new day!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #7  
Don't Quit, Can't Fail!

S/C/G: 230/229/145

Height: 5'4.5

As long as you are still trying then you have not failed, you have not given up. One thing, just one, can help you focus your thoughts on something positive.Make it a goal to aim for just one snack or one meal or just the water for today, let everything else GO.Build on the success of that one thing. Feel proud and focus all your thoughts on that to get you through the rest of the day.It is not about how many times you feel that you have failed but rather making just one change today.People have lost weight say 10 -20 lbs by just changing one thing.We get so tired and dicouraged being over weight that we tend to want success right now.Our current eating habits got us all into this. We can change it with just one new eating habit at a time. 10 or 20 lbs lost by that one change within the year is 10 or 20 lbs not gained or even maintained in that year.That is success.You are a strong woman and you can do this.

drinking more water
no eating after a certain time
use a smaller plate and don't allow yourself seconds
instead of having 3 of something choose to have 2 instead.
Eliminate all eating of one food item(junk food item like potato chips)
I only drink soda once a month on Family movie night and we only buy one or 2 two liter bottles. I allow myself to drink only two 6 oz glasses. After that I drink only water.
Use splenda instead of sugar for some things or everything.

One change at a time can make a difference in the long run.We can still continue with our current eating plan but when it gets pushed aside or we get overwhelmed perhaps we can still maintain that one simple change until we are ready to get back on track.

Just a thought! You will make it. you are so strong and eager to succeed. Slow and steady will help you face what life throws at you.

Last edited by Fonty; 04-07-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #8  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Laurie I've been reading different diet books from the library and everything basically comes down to portion control. Nothing is off limits, it's a just the amount that one consumes that needs to be in check. Right now I'm reading the Change One diet by Readers Digest, which you change one thing a week and also Awaken the diet from within by Julia Griggs Havey, I haven't gotten far into that one to know what she does to change herself. I just like to read different thoughts and pick up new ideas and apply them. Also I quit looking at what I'm doing as a "diet". I'm changing the way I eat so I can be healthy. And I'm doing my Walk away the pounds tapes/dvds and it's helping.
So quit beating yourself up and just get back on track. If you're trying to change too much at once, stop and just focus on one thing to change. You know you're strong and you know you can do this. Maybe try some positive self talk. Look yourself in the mirror and say Today is going to be a good day with good choices or something else positive about yourself.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #9  
Lifetime Loser

Laurie, Stay focused! Get right back up! What is really important to you? Food only tastes good for the minute you eat it. Then you know you will feel bad. Find something you like that is better for you and eat that instead. Whatever you do don't quit. If you do you will be going nowhere. If you pick yourself up you will keep moving forward.

I also agree about the portion size. Make sure everything is the size of your palm!!!!

I think this quote I saw today fits....

***I cannot see the outcome of the journey, but I can take the next step***

Last edited by ABWorldly; 04-07-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #10  
Susan hockeyfan7

Laurie, don't try to get back to everything at once. As Tammy said (Tammy, glad you are back posting), change one thing a week. Concentrate on just getting your water in or just exercising every day.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #11  
Don't Quit, Can't Fail!

S/C/G: 230/229/145

Height: 5'4.5

***I cannot see the outcome of the journey, but I can take the next step***

This is so very true. one step at a time.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Laurie, Since we are both having trouble sticking to our weekly goal, how about you and I have our own little challenge this week. We each get our points for the April Challenge ONLY if both of us stick to our weekly goal.

Are you in?

Lynn