Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #1  

Default WOO HOO!!! It's Friday!

Good morning everyone! I have had a terrible time getting on here the last few days. Anita, I am not going anywhere, but I just can't seem to get here!

I am doing very well this week. The scale hasn't given me anything to be excited about, but my eating has really been good! And water is going good as well. So even if the scale doesn't tell me nice things on Sunday, I am okay with it. I know I am developing good habits that will eventually pay off.

The reason I don't think the scale will show a loss come Sunday is because we are supposed to go out to dinner tonight (a late Valentine's dinner) and then go over my SIL's house tomorrow night which will probably mean pizza or chinese. Way too much sodium in either of those for a good weigh in!

Today I am off from work. After I take Robert for a haircut and drop him off at work, I am coming home to do some cleaning and laundry. Man, does my house NEED it! Tomorrow or Sunday, I need to take Michelle to the mall to shop for a confirmation dress. That is coming up on March 25 and I don't want to wait till the last moment because we have a busy month in March. I should probably look for something for myself, but I really hate buying clothes at the size I am now. But I doubt I am going to lose 10 in the next month, so I suppose I just need to suck it up and do it.

Hope everyone has a great day! Stick to the plan ladies!!!!!

TTFN-Sharon
Old 02-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/299.8/165

Height: 5'7""

Just updated my "tracker" url, as requested. It brought to mind I am only 1 pound toward my monthly goal of 8 pounds. Instead of beating myself up or worse, giving up the goal, I would like to get back on track and work towards half of that (4) there are still a couple of weeks left in the month.

I have been off program since Sunday. Skipping snacks, eating too few calories at one meal, then too many at the next. Also, since the chaos has stemmed from being out of the home and out of my routine, my water intake and exercise has not been up to par either.

I am not stressing over this. It is really the first time I have been really "off" since the new year began. My weight STS. That is one of my goals - to maintain my weight instead of gaining everytime I go off program for a few days.

Today my goal is to have a 100% on track day. That meals eating (3hours & proper portions, no skipping snacks...and 200 calorie ones, not 100 calories), drinking my water (all of it), and exercise (8 Min & aerobic).
Old 02-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Yesterday, I got a little more bad news than just the snow... I got called into a meeting where I was "let go". Totally shocked! They even praised my work before they did it. I have two bosses and I have really struggled to deal with one who doesn't have any accountability to staff or, even worse, clients. He is just super difficult and condescending. I am relieved to not be there today despite the financial limbo I may be in! All of my coworkers have been coming into my office and complaining to me about things at work. Now, I don't have to refocus them. A sick, twisted part of me wants to hear how horrible things are a few weeks from now...

I called my former university and am working on enrollment. The semester started 1/30 but I had a strong academic record so they are reviewing my application to get me in late! I have one class to finish my degree- big drama prevented me from completing it last time. I feel like I'm getting back on track!

I called my friend who interrupted me to complain about her love life. I am just astounded by her lack of class. Argh!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #4  

Lafayette! I have been there, done that. I know it is hard to see the trees through the forest, but you will come out on the other side stronger and better! Good for you for taking those steps to finish the degree! These things have a way of working out to the best, although it doesn't seem it right now. I have been in my present job for 12 years. It followed being unemployed for 10 months because I was let go. I NEVER would have took the chance with this job if I had still been in the other one. And I like this job SOOOOOO much more than the first. So I like to look back and say thank you (just maybe not to my bosses' face! )

Hang in there - this too shall pass!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

Lafayette, congrats on going back and finishing that degree. I took a 10 year break before I finished my Bachelors and then went on to get a Masters after that because once I got started back, it was easier to keep going. And consider it good riddance to a bad job. That happened to me 5 years ago and I have a much better job now. It seems to happen to my DH frequently - he's on his 4th job in 12 months now. Hopefully, this one will last for a while.

I'm not feeling any better today, but my goal is to do at least some house cleaning. If nothing else, hang up all the clean laundry that's hanging around in baskets. We have friends coming over tomorrow afternoon to tear the kitchen apart to get ready for my ceramic tile countertops.

We got some more snow last night -- not much -- about another inch. Donna, I'm sending it to you so it will go away from here!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #6  

Lafayette, I'm sorry to hear to bad news! But remember that things happen for a reason. And since you're finishing your degree, that may just have been the reason for it. I think if it wouldn't be for money, many of us would stop our current job and do something else.

If I could, I would work on my novel full time. So hang in there, chances are something more worthwhile is coming your way!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #7  

Novel? Oooh... I would love to read what you have! I find myself with a little time on my hands! Now, I have to lose weight so my interview wardrobe fits again!

I am really hoping this is a blessing... I really felt I had found a good- though not great- fit. In November, I got a $7,000 raise so this really blew me over. "You do incredible work but, we have to let you go because you just don't fit the team." Blah!!! No specifics and I know finances are shaky- what did I do? *******s!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/235/150

That is crazy!!! $7,000 raise one month then let go soon after?!? They must be really unstable to do something like that. I wish you well with the degree! Sounds like you are going in the right direction. Good Luck!

Francine, what is the novel about?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #9  

I agree. A raise followed by being let go doesn't make any sense. They could have at least the decency to give you a good reason!

The novel is a new project! I love reading historical romance novels, so I've decided to write one. It's about a lady that decides to go into trade in 1880 England making gowns. Life gets complicated when threats are made on her person and her shop and of course a handsome hero helps solve the mistery of who is behind it all. She's got a difficult journey ahead of her. They of course fall in love! I'm now working on Chapter 4.

Working on it is slow! With only nights available, it doesn't leave me much time. If it wouldn't be for the finances, I would love to stay home and do this full time.

So for now, I'll cope with writing code all day (I'm a computer programmer) and writing my novel during my free time when my kids don't need me, or my husband or when I'm not too exausted from my day!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #10  

How many of my thoughts start with "if it weren't for finances"! Stick with it... it sounds good!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #11  
Whip It Good

I smell a lawsuit. Get a lawyer - a good one - they will figure out what to sue them for. You don't give someone a $7K raise and then fire them - that is Horse pucky. Something is just wrong here.

Anywho - I have yet to leave a job voluntarily or otherwise - that it has not turned out to be a good thing - the universe, you will find, unfolds as it should. Just roll with it.

But still get a lawyer just in case.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #12  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

I am starting to feel yuk again. Ever since I have been dieting, I have been sick 3 times. I don't know why this happens. I am taking 1000 milligrams of V-C and a multivitamin. Can anyone explain? TOM came for me today, 1 wk early. As usual, I am up 1lb today, but that will all change in the next day or two.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #13  

Melissa, that seems like an awful lot of vitamin C. Too much is not a good thing...

Daisy, I am so damn glad to be gone that, as long as they don't mess with my unemployment claim... and baby, I'm madly in love with a lawyer! I find he's pretty handy to have around in more ways than one!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #14  
Susan hockeyfan7

Vitamin C will not store in your body. Whatever your body does not use goes right out when you pee -- and we all do a lot of that if we are drinking water. It's a water soluable vitamin - not stored in fat.

I take closer to 2,000 milligrams a day. Linus Pauling took 10,000 to 12,000 milligrams a day and he lived to be 93. He was a huge proponent of taking lots of Vitamin C.

Vitamin C is now being used in a lot of cancer therapies in conjunction with chemo and radiation. Patients are given anywhere from 25,000 to 100,000 milligrams a day with their medication.

Melissa, are you taking all your vitamins at once? You may need to spread it out over the day by taking 250 milligrams at a time. I do that and I also have to do it with my calcium in 500 milligram increments as you can't absorb more than that at once.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #15  
Whip It Good

I think it is cooincidental timing, Melissa - you are a teacher - right? This is the cold anf flu season and pretty much no one is more prone to catching things than a teacher - My mom is one - she is almost always fighting something off this time of year...
Stay the course - and consider some echinacea at the on-set of a cold...