Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 01-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #1  
Don't Quit, Can't Fail!

S/C/G: 230/229/145

Height: 5'4.5

Smile ~ Daily Inspirational Thoughts, Advice and Info~

Please feel free to add as much to this as you want. I like to read some of this from time to time to help me focus and recommit

Can we copy and paste the posts that we like and the suggestions for help and put them here in one location? For example Susans avoiding the pantry post. even perhaps our favorite 5 reasons. What ever works for each of us. Even ones from other forums. I was just thinking that those days when everything sucks and no one is on line or at home maybe we could read what inspires and helps us. And by having it in one location we could find all of it when we really need it. I think we should try to always keep it on the 1st page some where. What does everyone think?

Tammy

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ideas from Susan

When watching TV, do something to keep your hands busy or unavailable:

1) Polish your nails -- buy some fun silly colors and go for it - you can't eat with wet nails. When you are done with yours, polish your kids' nails.

2) Buy a paraffin dip at Wal-Mart or Target and dip your hands every night. Cover the hot wax with plastic bags or saran wrap or towels.

3) If you can't afford #2, then buy a big container of petroleum jelly and some white cotton gloves. Coat your hands and put on gloves.

4) Buy some of the fuzziest mittens you can find and wear those while watching TV. You won't want fuzz in your mouth and it's hard to eat with mittens on.

5) Put the cat or the dog or a kid (or your spouse) in your lap. You can't get up to get food and disturb them and petting the cat or the dog is a good stress relief.

6) Get some hand weights and do bicep curls, tricep curls, wrist curls, shoulder raises, chest press, etc. Even if you are using a 1 lb can of food, hold the weights the entire time you are watching TV.

7) Start a craft -- get a glue gun and make something silly.

Take up crochet or knitting. Not only does it keep your hands busy, but it exercises your arms.

9) Start addressing your Christmas cards. Address birthday cards ahead of time for the next year. Anniversary cards, etc.

10) Every time you want to eat, go brush your teeth. Buy the strongest, spicest toothpaste you can find. I use Cinnamon Rush Crest. Gargle with Listerine or Scope. You may brush your teeth 50 times a day at first, but you'll have the cleanest teeth on the planet.

11) Get a rubberband, put it on your wrist, and snap it every time you want to eat. You may end up with bruised wrists, but I personally would rather have bruised wrists than a fat behind.

12) After you brush your teeth, drink 3 glasses of water. Every time you want to eat, drink 3 glasses of water.

13) Start a scrapbook. Put all those boxes of pictures into photo albums. Start a photo album of family pictures for each child. Start a family tree and write down family memories for your children.

14) Take the junk drawer out of the kitchen (come on now, everyone has one) and clean it out.

15) Go through magazines you have and make a collage of all the cute clothes you would buy if you had unlimited money when you get to your goal.

16) Bring all your shoes out of the closet and polish them. Then do all the rest of the shoes in the house. Buff them to a perfect shine. Also exercises the arms.

17) Get a piece of fabric and a needle & thread and stitch. Even if you aren't actually making anything, you are keeping your hands busy.

1 Use your husband and keep your hands busy.

19) March in place during the commercials. In a 30 minute TV show, at least half of it is commercials.

20) Play with a string of beads or a piece of string while you are sitting still -- anything to keep your hands occupied and moving.

If you absolutely, positively cannot live without a snack and life will be over if you don't have one, then try these alternatives:

1) If you are craving sweet, get a small bowl of sliced frozen peaches, drizzle chocolate sauce over them and add a spoonful of fat free Cool Whip.

2) If you are craving salty and crunchy -- popcorn or celery -- go ahead and salt it a little.

3) If you are craving potato chips, bake a potato. For sour cream & onion, add FF sour cream and onion salt or powder. Or BBQ sauce. Or sprinkle on Parmesean cheese. You are better off eating 2 baked potatoes vs a bag of chips.

Thanks Susan Great ideas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Quit

Don't quit when your scale stays the same, as it sometimes will.
Don't quit when your not so OP day turns into your not so OP week
Don't quit just because your stress level is causing you to binge
Don't quit when youv'e had enough and feel like throwing the towel in
Just smile and sigh and remember this:

Life is strange with it's twists and turns
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about.
When she might have succeed if she had stuck it out
Don't give up though the pace seems slow.
You may lose with in another week or so.
Success is failure turned inside out ,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubts
And you can never tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the PLAN when you are hardest hit
It's when things seem worst
THAT YOU MUST NOT QUIT!!!!!!!!!!

Fonty

Marcie reminds us of our inner beauty

I have long since had a problem with hating myself. Not just my outward self, but my inner self as well. I would look into the mirror several times a day, and call myself horrible, degrading names. I believed I was nothing, that I was less of a person because I was fat.

After reading JC's book, I realized I was just making things worse, that I would never reach my goal or be happy with myself if I didn't stop the self loathing.

I was hard at first, but I slowly began changing the way I spoke to myself, and my thoughts about myself. My body is amazing. It has brought me this far, in spite of all the abuse I have heaped on it.

I still have many hard times seeing the beauty within, but I am working on it. Instead of flipping myself off in the mirror, and calling myself a fat f@#!## cow, I wink at myself, and say, girl, you are one good lookin mama.

We all have beauty inside, and beauty outside. Being fat doesn't make us less important. It doesn't make us less worthy of love and respect. It just means we have a challenge to overcome. And with the help of others like us, we WILL do it.

Marcie Thanks Marcie

Thanks Donna

I "borrowed" this from another group

A WARRIOR'S SONG

The sun kisses a mountain top
And glistens on its face of snow,
And slowly climbs into the sky above
And lights the valley below.

For each of us that this day awakes
A miracle takes place.
For once again we walk our earth
And own all upon its face.

And the past regrets and foolish fears
Of yesterday's cloudy mind,
Are washed away by the light of day
And seem so far behind.

For each of us is reborn each day,
Our life renews again.
And with the help of God we will find a cause
That makes us want to win.

For a man without a goal in life
Is a man already dead.
His mind wanders from place to place,
And he walks with feet of lead.

He has no reason to stretch his mind,
No spirit to stir his soul.
His name is not even in the book,
When destiny calls the roll.

Better to take the wine of life
And drink both deep and long--
Greet each day 'cause you're here to stay,
And sing your warrior's song.

For the battle of life is joined, and
You might fight long and true.
For in this strife, it's the game of your life
And the only loser is you.

Gird up your loins with courage
And answer the trumpets call,
And lose or win, you can say at the end,
This was the greatest of all!

--William E Bailey---

toeps

Thanks Tammy

Life really is what happens when you are making plans for tomorrow. We all have the best laid plans for our selves. But then things happen, we get involved in the moment , in the mini crisis, in the thought in our head that just won't go away. What ever it is it seems to throw the plans we had right out the window. But guess what? It is okay.They end , they dissappear, they get taken care of. Just remember this they really are just momentary. They pass and we get to move on. Stay on your path even if you get side tracked, it will still be there, the path, you will find it again. And you will succeed as long as you don't throw in the towel and quit, you can't fail unless you quit.

So do not quit, Do no give up, Do not throw in that towel. If you need to stop and take a short break, then do it. Get your thooughts together and prepare to focus on your goal. Then get up and dust off and move forward on your path. We can do this! The path will occassionally turn into a fork in the road and you will be presented with a chose. Do not be afraid to choose. The path is still there. Your choices will help you grow and change and eventually the paths will meet up again into one path and you will be well on your way to the person that you are becoming. An INCREDIBLE YOU!

"I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.

Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know -- but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me.

However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded.

I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay."

~Virginia Satir

Debbies' inspirational journey
There is hope for all of us!
Thank you Debbie

Wow, what a day!!! I stepped on the scale today and I weigh 180 - my goal!!! I have been "beaming" with joy all day!!!

I remember when I started this plan 16 months ago. I don't think I really believed I would ever see this day but here I am! I have lost 143 lbs in 70 weeks - it is absolutely amazing!

I have accomplished the things I wanted to do with this plan. My diabetes has been "cured"! My blood pressure is dandy! I am strong and limber! I can fit into any chair or booth or airplane seat and seatbelt! I can shop in regular size clothing stores and departments - no more Plus size clothes for me! I am so proud of my accomplishment and my self esteem is through the roof!

I know that 180 lbs on a 5'6" woman is not the ideal weight but it sure is fabulous compared to my former 323 lbs. I have no intention of becoming "thin". I just want to be comfortable with myself and healthy - and I am! However, I have decided that I want to lose a little more weight so I am entering my "bonus" time now. I have decided to set my "bonus" goal at 170 - and I know that I can do it!!!

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your support and I hope I have been able to provide some support to you too. And, Jorge, THANKS!!!

Debbie

Here is a great place! We can finally learn to be who we already are, The uncovering process may take time but wait til you see what is underneath! This is where we finally get to tell the truth, feel the pain, and grow into incredible women. Here is where judgement is nonexistant, but rather where encouragement and inspiration reign, here is where we can hold each others hand and feel each others pain and love each other whole again. Here is where I am you and you are me and the path we are on will allow us to move on in our lives without any regret. Here you will find the strong to help the weak, the brave to help the scared, the loved to help the one who feels unloved, the unabused to help the abused, the healthy to help the unhealthy, here you will find that small miracle that GOD whispered in your ear. Here is where You and I will succeed!

Fonty

I needed a reminder

My new year resolution this year will not be I am going on a diet or I am going to try and lose some weight. No! This year It will be different. This years resolution is : I am going to continue on this new way of life plan, as I continue to eat right , drink right, my body will do what comes naturally. It will shed the pounds and all of the weight gain problems that came with this weight. I will not focus on a diet or even losing weight, these are just symptoms of my problem. Symptoms go away only when the problem has been taken care of. Our problem is not the food, but rather, the kind of food we eat, Why we eat it, When we eat it, How much we eat and sometimes even where we eat it. And lets face it for most of us this is not even our problem. Once again these are just sypmtoms of the real thing. Some where along the line we have either been taught or have learned to use food to comfort us. Often we don't even turn to food for our own problems. Thats right , IT is some one elses problem. As women we often take on other peoples problems, not just our own. Please remember helping someone thru their problem is not the same as taking their problem on as your own. The major problem of course is how we handle all of these problems or the stress from them. We need a strong defence system in place. We have started the process here, but it is not enough. We have all had that day when it felt like there was no one to turn to, or at least not fast enough. We have started to realize that we are using the food to feel better. This is a great first step. Realizing what we are doing is encouraging, but figuring out how to change it is empowering.We need to figure out at least one new way to feel better. One that works for you. This leaves me with my second new years resolution: I am going to figure out at least two new methods for dealing with my stress. That also leads me to my third : I will resolve not to take some one elses problem on as my own. I will help them with the best of my ability but I will no longer take it and keep it as my own.( I often do this with people I care for I allow their stress and all that goes with it to infect me. I end up feeling what they feel and often even more.)
Give it to God. Pray for them be their for support, but ultimately give it up to God he can handle it better than you ever could!They will gain so much more that way and you will ( lose so much more)And if they want to know if you are doing anything to help, tell them this, I have placed your situation in good hands. And you have.
I am going to allow myself the time to change . But I will do it! And I have Faith that ALL of us will. It is in HIS hands, that is why I know!

Tammy

Together we can conquer everything!
Apart everything can conquer us!

We are in this together for a REASON!

SHARE, LEAN, CRY, CLEANSE DO WHAT YOU MUST TO BE HAPPY HEALTHY AND THIN AND WE WILL ALL WIN!

Last edited by Fonty on 02 Dec 2005 09:57; edited 1 time in total

Fonty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BATTLE IS ALWAYS SPLIT INTO 2 THINGS
MAKING UP YOUR MIND TO DO SOMETHING
AND THEN DOING IT

All of us have already won 1/2 the battle and are working on the 2nd half. Pat yourselves on the back and keep moving forward and downward.

We are soooooooo awesome.! yeah us!!!!!!

MOVE, CRUISE, VENT, GLUG, GROW(inside not out), LOSE!!

WE CAN DO IT WE ARE DOING IT!!!!

Fonty

Thank you Donna

Weight Before Fitness

‘Twas the weight before fitness, and up on the scale
I saw numbers a-stirring, and I turned quite pale.
My “thin jeans” were folded in the dresser with care.
In hopes that someday soon I would fit in a pair;

So decked in my sweatpants I took to my bed,
While weight loss resolutions danced in my head.
When I woke in the morning my ideas they came,
And I thought them all through, and I wrote them by name:

“Choose fruits! Choose veggies! Eat portion sizes!
Start walking! Get moving! Try new exercises!
I could see to the future-and, wow, I look great!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away weight!

And then I keep going, for weeks I did work
At eating well and exercising for the health perks.
My eyes-how they twinkled! My waist is so lean!
After doing this program, you’ll see what I mean.

Now get ready and set to begin your new quest
For a trim, healthy body and a spirit of zest.
And here’s my last wish, as my little poem writes,
“Health and fitness to you, and to you a great life.”
Old 01-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Here are my best 10 ideas to get "back on track"

1) Go find someone on our Board who is in trouble & give them 10 ideas.

2) Go to www.dwlz.com & spend some time playing around there.

3) While you are in www.dwlz.com, download Weight Commander and spend time playing with it.

4) Make yourself a pot of herbal tea, put it in your best teapot and pour yourself several cups while you are on the computer.

5) Find a good healthy recipe; make it; package the servings in separate baggies; eat one.

6) Think of a good challenge you would like to set for yourself & post it on our Board. We'll join you in the challenge & it will be a lot easier to do it!

7) Identify 5 things you did today that were good/nice. Write them on an index card and put it on your refrigerator.

8) Go to at least one 3 Fat Chicks Board that you rarely visit & read through 1 page of messages.

9) Think of a goal that you could meet this week. Challenge yourself to do it.

10) Turn off TV, turn on some good music, lie back and spend 10 minutes imagining how you will spend a day after you meet your weight goal - be specific - start with when you wake up in the morning and go through day until bedtime.

Good luck,
Lynn
Old 01-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #3  
Lifetime Losers

Default I am incredible because~

Every day list 5 reasons why your are incredible~

Here's mine for today-
1. I am considerate
2. I am determined
3. I am sexy
4. I am me
5. I love me
Old 01-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #4  
Lifetime Losers

Default I am losing this weight because~

List 5 reasons every day why you are losing "x" lbs by "x" date~

I will lose 41 more lbs by July 2, 2006

1. So I can run circle around my kids instead of the other way around
2. So I can bend over and shave my legs and still breathe
3. So I can buy ANY clothing in ANY store
4. So I can feel confident and sexy
5. So I can be comfortable naked
Old 01-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #5  
Lifetime Losers

Default Live ~ Laugh ~ Love

Every day list -
~1 thing I will do just for me today
~1 thing I love about my body
~1 thing I will do today to help me reach my goals

Today I will take 15 minutes and paint my toenails
I love my legs - this isn't getting any easier!
Today I will drink 96oz of water
Old 01-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #6  

1. I am persistent
2. I am generous
3. I am useful
4. I am loyal
5. I am loved
Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 AM   #7  

I will lose 22 more lbs by April 11, 2006

1. To stop my back from hurting
2. To lower my blood pressure
3. To enjoy shopping for clothes
4. To like to look at myself
5. To be able to tie my shoes easily
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #8  

Today I will go to the Emergency Room about my punctured hand
I love my hands - they enable me to do my work and play
Today I will make a new healthy recipe
Old 01-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I attended at fundraising luncheon for our YWCA a few years ago. The openeing address was done by an elderly woman who has been integral in developing a Pearls for Teen Girls program that pairs elderly women with young girls in need of a good mentor. Her face was very wrinkled, her back was hunched, her glasses were impossibly thick, and some of her teeth were missing.

She said she wondered why she had been asked to give the opening address. She asked herself, "Who am I to be fabulous?" Then she decided to ask the audience, "Who are you NOT to be fabulous?"

I ask myself all the time.

Also
In the immortal words of my fabulous secretary, "Take the extra 5. Put on some lipstick. You'll feel better and look good, too."

In case you think you alone aren't worth the expense (plus, it feels twice as good to help others):
1) iamapeacekeeper.com sells lipstick and nail polish and contributes a portion of the profits to women's groups
2) theenterprisingkitchen.org sells great bath products and lotions that help women learn to be self-sufficient
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #10  
Don't Quit, Can't Fail!

one thing I will do for me today!
I am going to soak my fingers to make them soft and feeling great!

One thing I will do today to help me lose this weight:
I am going to make copies of my journal and start logging everything again.

5 Reasons I will lose this weight:
1. I want to continue to be able to try on clothes that did not fit but do now!
2. I want to watch my stomach get even smaller.
3. I have been moving with much ease and I think it can only get better.
4. I am feeling better about me!
5. I am feeling healthier and want to continue to.

One thing I love about my body:
I love my eyes.

5 reasons I am Incredible:
1. I am learning to like me!
2. I am back in school!
3. I have courage to face whatever life throws my way.
4. I am learning to love myself just as I am
5. I can change what I do not like while still loving myself!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #11  
Lifetime Loser

I liked this quote:

"Tonight, when you lay your head on your pillow, forget how far you still have to go. Look instead at how far you've already come."

~Bob Moawad~
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #12  
Lifetime Loser

And this one:

"Fully welcome this day with open arms, with a grateful heart, and you will find it to be a good and productive day. Welcome the challenges as being a necessary part of life, and they will strengthen rather than stop you.

Welcome the opinions and perspectives of others, especially when they differ from yours. For by so doing you'll enable your own perspective to grow more valuable.

Accept what is, and you will increase your ability to do, create or have whatever you wish. Live as though there is the possibility for good in every circumstance, and you'll discover that it is there indeed.

Relish the cold, dark days just as enthusiastically as the bright, warm ones. Seek to extract just as much positive value from the defeats and mistakes as from the victories and successes.

The majesty of the sunrise would not occur without the darkness of the night. Effort would be impossible without rest, and likewise rest without effort.

Seeking only a select portion of life serves to diminish it all. Embrace the world in all its fullness and delight in the experience of being thoroughly alive."

-- Ralph Marston
Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #13  

Question Questions asked to Jorge Cruise

Q1) Can we combine 2 carbs for dinner by not eating 1 carb at lunch, so we can eat a bigger serving of spagetti for dinner?

A1) NO. It is important to eat 1 carb, 3 protein, 1 fat and 1 veggie in each meal. Your meal must be balanced.

Q2) Must I eat absolutely every 3 hours? I have breakfast at 6h30am in the morning. Is it okay if I eat a snack less then 3 hours.

A2) Try to stick to 3 hours as much as possible. 20 minutes less is okay, but no more.

Q3) I am confused! The book has a picture of a sandwich for lunch with 2 bread slices, yet the book states to eat only one. How can this be?

A3) You can eat 1 slice of regular bread or 2 slices of low calorie bread such as Weight Watchers. 1 regular slice of bread contains about 80 calories and 1 slice of low calorie bread contains 40 calories.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  
Lifetime Loser

Thanks good reminders........

Phyllis
Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #15  
Don't Quit, Can't Fail!

Default Today I will do something just for me.

Today I will do something just for me. I will spend 30 minutes today just relaxing for always doing everything for my loved ones but often forgetting about myself.