Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #1  
Susan hockeyfan7

Default Update on shoulder surgery

Hi everyone! I'm too tired to post too much.

John had his surgery yesterday. It was supposed to be at 6:00 p.m. and we got a call in the morning to come in at 1:30 p.m. instead.

The surgeon says it went well. He had completely separated the rotator cuff so they put it back together with sutures and this thing that looks like a lasso with a washer on the end. He has screws in his shoulder from where he split the bone. Surgery was about 3 1/2 hours.

They decided while he was in recovery to keep him overnight because he couldn't manage his pain to go home. They took him to a room about 10:30 p.m.

He's a terrible patient. Right now, I'd like to whack him really hard over the head with a pillow. I have major resentment at the moment plus I'm exhausted.

He's such a bad patient, the hospital had him discharged and were calling me to see when I could come get him at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I picked him up around 7:00 a.m. and brought him home.

We're looking at about a 6 month recovery time with PT and all. But everything should turn out OK.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #2  
Lifetime Loser

Hi Susan, I am glad that ordeal is over for both of you. My hubby is a bad patient too and I have received that early morning call, "Come get Me". Why can't they just relax???

Hope he doesn't make it hard on all of you for the next 6 mths......hit him over the head with that pillow if he isn't good!!! lol

Take care, Phyllis
Old 06-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #3  

Susan, having just nursed my husband for the last 6 mos, I can TOTALLY understand!!! They can be such pains at times!!! All I can offer is at least the worst is over, now the healing begins. I told my husband to just look at it 1 week at a time in the beginning. Each week, he could see measurable progress. Now we measure it by months as the healing slows down. But I understand patience is NOT their virtue!!!!

Glad to hear everything is good so far. Just keep that pillow handy if he gets to cranky!!

Sharon
Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/235/150

Good luck to you! Did you change your vacation or are you home with John? I hope you can find some alone time to relax! I am sure it isn't easy when they are miserable!