Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 07-17-2005, 09:18 AM   #1  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Default Week of July 17th

I "think" we were suppossed to start a thread for this week today. So it would be easier for Laurie and the modrators to go back and close all our posts.

Also an easy way to skip through posts you already viewed in this thread: Just click "View First Unread" posts. And it pops you to the first unread response. Its a neat feture and you can scroll back through the ones you did read for a refresher if needed. I use that button a lot. Its at the top of our thread above the first posts picture.

Today I will be driving 3 hours to Nebraska visiting DH Grandparents and driving home tonight. MIL is coming with us to visit her parents. - Go figure. I'll check back in tonight. And view our challenge thread and see how all of us are doing.

Last edited by dani4beauty; 07-17-2005 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

I can't close it unless I start it, so Aphil will have to come in and close it next week
Old 07-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Oh okay sorry Laurie... We'll make sure we wait for you to start it from now on, that way you know when we are officially done. Although I'm sure Aphil will know too. But you can start them from now on.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  

Actually this morning, I was so flustered about my WI that I absolutey forgot to start one. Its ok if someone else does it, Alphil will come along and close it so its ok, it doesnt' have to be me
Old 07-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  
Lifetime Loser

Default Monday ~ July 18

Good Morning LL'rs:

This morning I'll be playing nurse at our church's day camp. Oldest DD is a camp counselor. I need to prepare lunches for us. It's easy to stay OP as long as I bring my snack and lunch. Everyone brown bags it so eating other things isn't an issue.

I need to get my exercise in which I will do tonight. It's nice the secret challenge has started to help us all stay on track.

Have a great day being OP!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Monday July 18

Good Morning everyone,

Really foggy here this morning. No special plans - I think I'll plan a few days menus & then go to the grocery store.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 07-18-2005, 09:18 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone! How was everyone's weekend? Everyone didn't post their WI's so please do and lets not get slack since we moved over here!

Well I have the exterminator coming this morning then I need to go to the post office and then to costco and circuit city. Other than that not much planned.

What about everyone else? Does anyone have any thing coming up this week that may hender your weightloss abilities?

Any comments, yahoo's or confession from the weekend?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:51 AM   #8  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Oh I had a busy day yesterday. I expected a huge gain on the scale! We went to Nebraska early. My Mil had us stop at McDonalds for breakfast. She kept saying this trip was my idea so I'll pay for all the gas and food. Well, fine so I ate McDonalds, I know yucky for me! 3 hour drive we get there. We did make a pit stop. At the pit stop I was thinking I forgot my pria bars at home! And My mil kept saying get whatever you want. Well I checked out the diet/energy bars and the calories on EVERY single bar was like 200 cals. So I found a health chocolate bar with soy crispd in it for 120 cals. I thought better than nothing. SO we were gettting ready to check out and I thought maybe I should check out the juices instead. Well I found a really yummy one w/ only 90 cals. I thought this would be better being I have no control over the food today and where or when we will stop. So we get to the counter and DH has a Mountain Dew ( I broke him of drinking about 3 bottles of this stuff a day when we first got together) I said you are getting a Mountain DEW? He blushed and said yeah and I just looked at him, I said Do what you think is best for you. He went and got the juice like mine but Berry - I had peach. We check out get to the car and my Mil wants to try our juices. So I pass them back to her and she drinks both and says I like the peach. So on we go. Needless to say later she says Oh I shouldn't have drank your drinks I'm coming down with a sinus infection! That made me mad but I kept my mouth shut! then at lunch she kept saying to all the old folks (Its an old folks home and meals are in a big dinning room) How I wouldn't allow Kevin his Mtn.Dew and at the same time DH pulls Chocolate cake away from me and smashes his napkin in it saying you dont need that. He was right I was going on my 2nd piece! I just looked at my mil and all the older folks and said we take care of each other. She didnt mention that Mtn Dew again! I actually get along fine with Mil she just gets under my skin sometimes. And she copies me alot. Which bugs me.
So we are going home and we stop at Arbys for dinner. We are both at the counter ordering our meals and we both have our purses. Now remember she said she'd pay. Well I thought it would be polite to offer to pay for dinner since she paid for breakfast. Well you guessed it she let me pay! Now I thought that was horrible! She told us she'd take care of our food, I offered to be nice, and she LET me me do it! UGH! I really didnt want to I was trying to be polite! But I cant say anything cause I offered. So again my mouth is shut.

Well she went on home and we got in bed. And all night I was tossing and turning. finally I got up, ran tothe bathroom and then after I was getting back to bed, ran back and threw up my dinner! I either ate something bad or my body is not used to that mmuch fod anymore. Needless to say I was up 3 more times till morning. I got up and thought I bet I'm down with as much as I was sick last night! Nope not one ounce! But maybe thats good. Because if I wasn't sick I'd be up like 2 or 3 pounds. Although it wasn't worth being sick over it!

And today guess what I'm doing. Going out with My mil! Shopping day. Maybe she'll make up for it and buy lunch today - see how food oriented I am? that is so bad!!!! Oh well, its a habit I must break.

How was everyone else weekend??? What are you doing today??
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #9  
Lifetime Loser

Well, my exciting day will be trying to get up and move around more and get thru the day without taking the muscle relaxers that are making me so tired, I have been cutting them down for the last two days and getting some more energy.

My goal for this week is to get back OP and start drinking ALL the water again.

I am keeping Teri in my prayers today!!!! Phyllis
Old 07-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #10  
Lifetime Loser

Hello Ladies!!

It is the start of a busy week for me! Each week my program goes on a field trip, and then each of the four sites go a different day of the week. This week the trip is to the Mall of America to go tour Underwater World, an aquarium. We are then taking the light rail to a park for lunch and playing. I don't unsually go on the field trips, but since this one is a bit different with taking the public transit, I will be going along each day.

Anyway, with that I will be a way from the computer during the morning this week.

I talked to one of my friends from college over the weekend who is a personal trainer. She agreed to set me up with a program for free!!! I am super excited about this!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Allison
Old 07-19-2005, 07:04 AM   #11  
Lifetime Loser

Good Morning Everyone!

Today's powertalk at the JC site is about the reasons you want to lose weight. I want to feel and look good - be healthy. I don't want to be consumed by this weight issue for the rest of my life. How about you?

I'm struggling to get back on track. I've had 2 days of bad slips. Now, it's time to remember why I want this and to do it. Wish me luck. It's my choice and I can chose to be thin - it is up to me.

This morning I'll be a camp nurse again at our church's day camp, then in the afternoon I have my women's bible study group to go to. It's been over a month since we all met due to vacations so it will be nice to catch up with everyone. My mother is having surgery today to remove a flat polyp that they can't get via colonoscopy. And tonight I am golfing 9 holes on my Tuesday night league if it doesn't storm! Very busy day to day and I'm glad as it will help me stay OP today.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:24 AM   #12  

Good Morning Ladies! Well we had a busy day yesterday and I didn't get on much. Today Steven has an eye doctors appointment to get contacts! HE is so excited. They will give him a trial pair to wear for a week and see how he likes it. One thing is that he has a slight stigmatism so they usually don't keep those in stock. Its going to kill him to have to wait another week for them! LOL!

Well as far as me beginning OP, I am doing good with the eating part but the timing in the afternoon is REALLY getting hard cause I have been so busy so I may end up eating OP but not staying perfectly on the 3hr schedule but one good thing is I am down a pound from Sunday so that made me feel alittle better.

Teri, has her surgery today so I hope everything goes well for her. Everyone keep her and the family in your thoughts and prayers and maybe she can update us tomorrow or when she is up to it.

OK its breakfast time so I will talk with everyone later!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee219
I don't want to be consumed by this weight issue for the rest of my life. How about you?
Good morning Karen & Everyone,

Karen, I couldn't agree with you more. There was a book that came out in the 70's - "Blue Skies no Candy" - the theme was that no matter how free this woman had become bc of the feminist movement, she was bound daily by "this weight issue." For obvious reasons, I related strongly. I think that dieting (or being off my diet) has been a major issue in my life everyday for the last 40 years.

Unlike smoking or drinking (both of which I've given up over my lifetime), eating will always be with us. We can't avoid it altogether. For me, I don't believe that I will ever have a normal relationship with eating or with my weight.

This kind of semi-dieting that I do at least keeps me from gaining. In the past, I have been able to become obsessive about diets - stick to them perfectly and get to my goal weight. I really believe that the anti-depressant I take keeps me from obsessing. Good for some things, bad for dieting.

However, this group makes my diet journey pleasant. If I must be on this trip for life, I'm happy I found such wonderful travel partners.

Lynn
Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #14  

Unfortunately, weight issues are going to be something I have to battle the rest of my life. I have gotten 80lbs off as a teen with WW and I know I can and will get it off again, but I will work harder to keep it off this time because I am in a new chapter of my life. I know and have come to face certain danger foods for me and I know how to eat better (proteins, carbs.....) and I know what foods I just absolutely need to avoid that is why I choose not to have the treat at the end of the day.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #15  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

My problem is I overestimate everything. I really want to go off the calorie counting. It gets kinda boring, not difficult just boring. And so this week I was trying to not count anything and do cruise down plates. Within the past couple days I've gained 2 pounds. So back to calorie counting. I have a feeling I may just be stuck calorie counting till I lose all my weight! And if thats the way it is I'll just have to get used to it.

No big plans for today.Awalk for the challenge point and a movie, and some cardio would be good.