Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'7

Default Ready to Give Up

I'm 25 yrs old....live in California This is were my nightmare is I'm 230 lbs and hating every minute of it I'm trying to get fit...and feel good about looking in the mirror...I've tried every thing.... I'm wrking out 1 hr for the last two weeks and I stepped on the scale and I've gained weigh like I said ready to give up.....
Carm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Carm.
Don't give up. I'm older than you, however I am at that place where I hate what I look like, I hate how I feel and I am fed up.
So every day I check in at 3FC. I post in lots of places. Check us out.

I have actually started exercising after 24 years of being a lazy slob.
You will love everyone here. They are so nice and will help you stay motivated.
I have been exercising for a week. I just feel so good. I have a place to go where people know how I feel and truly want to help.
Please give us a chance. I look forward all day to "talking" to my friends here.

Good luck. We are here for you!!!!!!!!!!
angieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Carm, don't give up yet! There are a lot of reasons why you might not immediately see the scale reflect your hard work. First, you may be building muscle by your workout routine, and muscle weighs more than fat, but looks a heck of a lot better in clothes! Also, you may have fluctuations due to water gain, TOM, etc. Finally, you may be eating more calories than you realize if your workouts are making you hungry and you're not carefully tracking things. I have become very careful to measure and count every morsel of food that goes into my mouth to avoid this trap - try fitday, or some other tool to be sure that calories in are not exceeding calories out.

Bottom line, it took more than a few weeks to get us into the situation we are in, and it will take more than a few weeks to get out of it. Take your time, keep up the good work, and come here for encouragement any time you feel down. Eventually, it will show where it counts.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey Carm
Don't get discouraged! We have similar stats, I'm 5'5" and just turning 26 in a couple of weeks and started at 235lbs. In the past 5 weeks I've lost 10 pounds and am holding steady at 225lbs right now with a goal of 140lbs. It is not easy, **** its taken me about 10 years to put all of this on! Have you examined what you are eating? The exercise is great but food is just as major. Think of this...3500 calories = 1 pound
Anyway, this is a great place for support, i think if it hadn't been for everyone here I would have already given up, but now I'm on a mission! Let us know what we can do to help you find a plan that will work with your lifestyle. Pounds will be falling off before you know it! You should come join us in the 100lbs club on the daily commitments thread!

Cheers
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote