Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #1  
I deserve it!

Red face Looking2Lose 100+...finally asking for help...again.

Well, it has been a year since I have posted here, and I am worse off than ever, weight-wise. I am going to be 32 soon, and I weigh in a smidge under 300. I will be the maid of honor for my baby sister's wedding Sept '07 and there is no way, I will be feeling like this or looking this way for that beautiful young lady or my soon-to-be BIL.

I need motivation, and I know this is a good place to start. I restarted chugging my water, and just evaluating what I want...just don't know where to start (LOL at the beginning).

I want to shake the junk out of my trunk, but it would be nice to have some buddies for encouragement along the way!

Be good to yourselves.
~L2L~

Last edited by looking2lose; 11-02-2006 at 11:03 AM.
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm fairly new here myself, but I'm finding this site to be wonderful for motivation and support. That water thing gets me all the time too; I'm trying to chug-a-lug all I can these days. But it's a habit I'm not attached to yet; but I will be soon! Anyway, hang in there and keep coming back to this place; it's great.
Tamarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/103/107

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I am not new here but I haven't been on in a long time. This is a great forum for support!
LittlePaperStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and welcome back!

The best advice I received when I got here has held soooo true. You have to look at this as a LIFESTYLE change not a diet. Diets begin and end, they don't work. You can't stop eating one way for a while and then expect to return to that way when you have achieved whatever goal it is that you have set.

The next thing I heard, which is also right on, is motivation will fail you, dedication to a process won't. You have to get up every morning and rededicate yourself to this process of healthy living and believe that the weight loss, smaller sizes or a tighter body will be the result.

Third, changes don't have to be dramatic. Do the little things. Water is a good start. Find things that don't cause to much stress. Use mustard instead of mayo, take the skin off chicken, fresh foods instead of canned or processed, skim instead of whole milk, take stairs instead of the elevator, walk (get your heart rate up) for just 10 minutes a day, those sorts of things.

Then the REASON that we really want to do this is...FREEDOM, freedom from pain, self neglect, the restrictions we put on ourselves because we think we are to big or because people will criticize. There is a great post on the 300+ thread, I can't find it right now (puter problems), but i'm sure many will be able to point you in the right direction.

If you feel you need a boost now and then, hang out in the maintenance section. LOTS of success there! But be warned...they will also tell you that maintenance is HARDER than losing! So you really have to be committed.

Best of luck to you!

Ok, found that post! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...44&postcount=5

Enjoy!

Last edited by cantforgetthis; 11-02-2006 at 12:40 PM.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Looking2lose,

I need to lose about 97 more pounds. If you still need a buddy, I would be glad to be your buddy. I have responed to other's looking for buddies and they e-mail a couple of times and then I never hear from them again. I would like to find a buddy who's in it for the long haul.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #6  

Hi Looking2lose,

You can do it!! I too, have a ways to go and I'm taking it one day at a time. There's lots of support here as well as great tips and ideas to help us all lose the weight we need to. Welcome back and good luck with the start of your new lifestyle change.

BTW- I'm fairly new here too and have found it to be a great source of encouragement and support. One day at a time, girl!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote