Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #1  
nikkij

S/C/G: 225/140

Height: 5'4

Default New girl on the block :o)

Hello,

I am new this is my first day. I read about this website in a magazine. I am desperate for some help and words of wisdom. I have tried every diet out there and I am still over weight. It seems that I get started and things are going good for the first week and then I get so fraustrated with the little to no progress that I fall off the wagon and go back to my old habits. The thing that upsets me the most is that I KNOW what I need to do I know what I should be eating and what I should be doing for workouts but its like my mind and body are not connected. My mind says yes you can do it its easy this is all you have to do ... but my body on the other hand I cant get it to do what my mind is telling it. I dont know if that sounds stupid but its how I feel about the whole weight loss thing. I told my friend the other day ... When I wake up in the morning my weight is the first thing on my mind and the last thing I think about before I go to bed and on my mind for the most part all day so if I lost weight think of the weight that would be lifted off of my mind even more so then my body !!! I want to lose weight more then anything ... not just because I want to like what I see in the mirror but I want to be healthy and happy and be a positive role model for my kids .... so what is the connection that is missing to tie this altogether and make it work for me ?? I guess that is why I grab every magazine off the rack that has any hint of a weightloss article in it and buy every diet pill that promises amazing weight loss .... in hopes that maybe one of them will have the answer that is right for me. So these are my thoughts maybe someone out there has had the same ones and has somehow found there way out of the weightloss maze and is willing to lend a helping hand to upset fraustrated people like me.
nikkij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246.5/245.5/140

Height: 5'4

Smile hello from one newbie to another

Hello. I am also new to this site and so far I love it!
I know where you are coming from when you say your weight is always on your mind. Me, too. And yet here I am, the heaviest one in my family. It is nice to meet you and I am so relieved to know I am not alone!
oc cutiepie is offline   Reply With Quote