Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default newbie with a sordid past

I wanted to intro myself. I am a 36 yo mom of 2. I am here for support to help resume a HEALTHY weight loss life-style. I have a very long history of going up and down on the scale. I have tried every type of diet out there and i want to admit to a history of bulemia and drug induced anorexia. There, I finally said it,admitted it. Of course, you would never know this if you were to meet me in real life. I have a successful career that i love, a husband and nice house and 2 beautiful kids. The truth is I have these dark secrets that noone knows about. At times I have done healthy weight loss, most prominetly with weight watchers. I joined when my son was only a few weeks old and didnt miss one meeting for an entire year ( except once when it snowed). I lost all my baby weight then some. I looked great and felt great. And now, somehow, I have fallen back to my old ways. Last night was a turning point and I am here for support. I hope that holding myself accountable by posting on line and having something to look forward to ( correspondence) I can get out of this slump amd maybe even help someone else like me.
So that is my long winded intro..in brief..Hi!
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Welcome! I hope you find everything you need for support here! I've loved the people I've "met" here and have NEVER had a negative message or reply. Good luck on your journey, and bravo for admitting your downfalls. You can have a healthy body and we'll be here to help you along the way!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

I think there's a lot of power in admitting toxic secrets. While they're hidden, they own you. Once they're out, they don't. KUDOS!
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #4  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthywtloss4me View Post
I have a very long history of going up and down on the scale. I have tried every type of diet out there and i want to admit to a history of bulemia and drug induced anorexia.
Hey...

As long as we're admitting things, I guess I should go ahead and admit that I suffered with bulimia for a while, too - although I have since sought treatment and have recovered. (Much of it was linked to depression.) Like you, I never got to the grotesquely skinny proportions that most folks with eating disorders do... but I had an ED, and I suffered. The weight that I had unhealthily lost came back in a hurry, of course, in addition to slowing my metabolism down even further and creating a worse problem. I'm bigger now than I've ever been in my life.

Like you, I'm committed to slow, steady, HEALTHY weight loss and HEALTHY body image. I am getting my calories, and I am getting my exercise.

It's nice to connect with someone in the same boat.

Welcome!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/186/150

Height: 5'8

RowdyBliss,

I'm replying to you because you are the first person that I saw that weigh'd as much as I did from the start (laughing). I've done good with my eating so far this week. This is my first week, Phase 1 and on my 3rd day. I'm trying to chug water today. I'm anxious to see the scales next week. But I know my stomach feels better already.
QuikWitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

QuikWitti! Looks like we're both on the same page, with nearly the same goal and everything! Nice to meet someone on a similar path!

I'm doing it the old-fashioned way, counting the calories... and I guess I started counting the calories the day I joined the gym, which is about six weeks ago (I think!). The loss is slow... but slow and steady is the only way to win this race! What method are you using? I know you said something about Phase 1, but I don't know what that is... sounds like you're liking it, though!

It's amazing the difference you start to feel when you decide to change things and live healthier, isn't it? It doesn't even need to be a whole lot of big change all at once; little changes over time can make a giant difference. I honestly feel like a new person; I haven't felt this good in years. That gets me psyched and motivated to stay on the right track!

I'm trying to chug the water, too - and running to the bathroom every fifteen minutes!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Welcome aboard healthy! That is great you can get that off your chest! I hope you can attain your goals here. Good luck!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote